Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2022, 07:00 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,960,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Lol. In other words, you don’t have stats…and I simply provided options for both men and women. You think you know what men should do, where I’ve said both need to be responsible.

If you did you’d have already posted it
I actually had a tubal ligation. I have first hand knowledge. I also went through pregnancy and birth. I have first hand knowledge.

You are trying to tell women what medical procedures they should have without either first hand knowledge or experience as an OB/GYN doctor.

Be responsible. Encourage all your male buddies to have vasectomies. Those are much easier on the body than the pregnancy and birth you want to force women to endure.

Old 04-15-2022, 07:03 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
I actually had a tubal ligation. I have first hand knowledge. I also went through pregnancy and birth. I have first hand knowledge.

You are trying to tell women what medical procedures they should have without either first hand knowledge or experience as an OB/GYN doctor.

Be responsible. Encourage all your male buddies to have vasectomies. Those are much easier on the body than the pregnancy and birth you want to force women to endure.
In other words an anecdotal experience. While this an old study, it proves you wrong https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/8968663/

Lol. You’re trying to tell men what to do when you don’t have any stats to back up your claims.

Nope, you’re wrong. Once again, feelings don’t equal reality and the link provided proves it.

Old 04-15-2022, 07:08 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,952,008 times
Quote:

I'd be all for it, theoretically

Be interesting to see women BEGGING for men to reverse them.

Be careful what you wish for. The 'punishment' you so gleefully want to dole out may very well be your own.

Old 04-15-2022, 09:15 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Nope. An embryo, fetus, etc., are all stages in the human life cycle.
Then so are zygotes so why aren't you launching a campaign to keep IVF clinics from destroying millions of little zygotes?

Old 04-15-2022, 09:40 PM

18,391 posts, read 19,027,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Then so are zygotes so why aren't you launching a campaign to keep IVF clinics from destroying millions of little zygotes?
Lots of abandoned freezer babies, but no outrage for these little ones.

Old 04-15-2022, 10:25 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Not true at all. Many people have been charged with, convicted of, and sentenced to prison for fetal homicide.
That's why I wrote full human rights. I don't mind if a pregnant woman who wanted her unborn baby but someone took it away against her will wants to file fetal homicide charges against the person who did it. Otherwise, due to legal abortion laws up to a point, the fetus does not have full human rights.

Old 04-15-2022, 10:44 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,608,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
No, I would like men to be held to the same standard of responsibility as women are. I want them to keep their zippers up, I want them to control themselves, I want them to use condoms ALL the time, and I want them to step up to the plate and be a father if they get a woman pregnant. It takes TWO to tango.

Let me be clear on this. If a man has sex with a woman, he is consenting to her getting an abortion if she gets pregnant and doesn't want to keep the baby. If he doesn't want to consent, then he can just stay abstinent.

This is totally expected, by you and others, to be done by women. Why do you think men can't be held to the same standard?
Uh, maybe because these laws were originally written BY MEN?! Pretty easy to see how its guys taking care of other guys, that is the norm though. Ever heard of the term 'good ole boys club'? LOL

Old 04-15-2022, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Uh, maybe because these laws were originally written BY MEN?! Pretty easy to see how its guys taking care of other guys, that is the norm though. Ever heard of the term 'good ole boys club'? LOL
There’s many posts that say both men and women should be responsible, and to use birth control. What posts here are guys only taking care of guys?

Old 04-15-2022, 10:52 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,960,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
There’s many posts that say both men and women should be responsible, and to use birth control. What posts here are guys only taking care of guys?
Yours

Old 04-15-2022, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Yours
Another unfounded claim without proof, as my posts call for taking responsibility by both men and women, but please do post where I said otherwise?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.