Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2022, 11:23 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,994,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
I'd be all for it, theoretically

Be interesting to see women BEGGING for men to reverse them.

Be careful what you wish for. The 'punishment' you so gleefully want to dole out may very well be your own.
If the men are young, nobody is stopping them from sending a sample to a sperm bank ( for possible future use ) before they have a vasectomy.

Old 04-15-2022, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Another unfounded claim without proof, as my posts call for taking responsibility by both men and women, but please do post where I said otherwise?
You practically freaked out at the thought of a vasectomy - looking for reasons why not to do it for yourself and your buddies. And no, that is not as traumatic to the body as pregnancy and childbirth.

It's late. Good night.

Old 04-15-2022, 11:31 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,300,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
You practically freaked out at the thought of a vasectomy - looking for reasons why not to do it for yourself and your buddies. And no, that is not as traumatic to the body as pregnancy and childbirth.

It's late. Good night.
LMAO. Please do post proof of that?

Already gave you a reason. I’m not a dullard that doesn’t take responsibility as I know how babies are made.

Take precautions and pregnancy and childbirth won’t have to occur. It’s really that simple…and let’s not forget tubal ligation is less traumatic than a vasectomy… https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/8968663/.. but as always, I recommend both men and women take responsibility.

Last edited by erieguy; 04-15-2022 at 11:41 PM..

Old 04-16-2022, 12:01 AM

32,153 posts, read 15,160,461 times
Quote:

Already gave you a reason. I’m not a dullard that doesn’t take responsibility as I know how babies are made.

Take precautions and pregnancy and childbirth won’t have to occur. It’s really that simple…and let’s not forget tubal ligation is less traumatic than a vasectomy…
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/8968663/.. but as always, I recommend both men and women take responsibility.
Men are such drama queens if they are traumatized by a vasectomy

Old 04-16-2022, 12:06 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,300,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Obviously less of a drama queen than those insisting men should get vasectomies while women shouldn’t be responsible for using birth control, and then complaining about men when women end up pregnant.

If both took responsibility, versus the 52% that don’t use birth control, there’d be so many unwanted pregnancies…and obviously less sexually transmitted diseases.

Old 04-16-2022, 12:20 AM

2,770 posts, read 2,612,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Women are such drama queens when they can't kill their own babies.

Old 04-16-2022, 07:31 AM

21,380 posts, read 7,991,011 times
Quote:
If the men are young, nobody is stopping them from sending a sample to a sperm bank ( for possible future use ) before they have a vasectomy.
Remind me:

Do men get pregnant?

Old 04-16-2022, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Remind me:

Do men get pregnant?
Don't get your question.

If a large or somewhat large percentage of men got vasectomies, don't you think that would substantially cut down the number of unintended pregnancies?

Old 04-16-2022, 08:58 AM

26,661 posts, read 13,809,748 times
Quote:
Don't get your question.

If a large or somewhat large percentage of men got vasectomies, don't you think that would substantially cut down the number of unintended pregnancies?
Men who never want to have children can get vasectomies. Women who never want to have kids can get their tubes tied. Or, people could actually use the many available birth control methods to avoid unwanted pregnancies.

Old 04-16-2022, 09:06 AM

Quote:

Take precautions and pregnancy and childbirth won’t have to occur. It’s really that simple…and let’s not forget tubal ligation is less traumatic than a vasectomy… https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/8968663/.. but as always, I recommend both men and women take responsibility.
You are the one who said men, as well as women, should take responsibility for avoiding unintended pregnancies.

Yet when vasectomy is mentioned, you go out of your way to find an excuse why that procedure is too hard for a man to endure. The link you provided was about the need for psychological counseling before vasectomy for men or tubal ligation for women... in China. Nothing to do with what level of trauma to the body is caused by each procedure.

In case you didn't know, a tubal ligation is invasive abdominal surgery. A vasectomy ties off or snips two little tubes close to the surface. Hurts for a day or 3.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies