Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2022, 02:50 PM

7,030 posts, read 4,908,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Why do you want all men fixed? Do you hate that there are humans?
I didn't say that, did I? All I said was that it would solve the problem. YOUR problem of no more abortions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post

Except you have to start somewhere. Drastically reducing pregnancies means less kids on the list to begin with.

Yep, and if folks were more responsible there wouldn’t be a risk. Funny how you continue to make excuses versus promoting being responsible.
Your first part makes sense. But saying that if people were responsible there wouldn't be a risk? Of what? Pregnancy?

Excuse me for a minute. I just spit my water out laughing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ;63275053
Lol. Again more assumptions, but please do post where I said I have the right to control your life?
"Drastically fewer pregnancies leads to drastically fewer abortions, and there’s also the option for adoption."

Right there's where you said it. Because with your fixation with adoption, you obviously want to force women through a pregnancy and a childbirth.

If that isn't wanting to control anyone's life, I don't know what is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
I'd be all for it, theoretically

Be interesting to see women BEGGING for men to reverse them.

Be careful what you wish for. The 'punishment' you so gleefully want to dole out may very well be your own.
Just like men would be begging women for sex if women kept their legs closed as often as men tell them to. To be, you know, responsible.

Quote:

Take precautions and pregnancy and childbirth won’t have to occur.
You seriously believe that. Haven't you read anything on the failure rates of birth control? Anything at all? I've had my tubes tied and that can fail. And as for you being so responsible, your chances of becoming a father using condoms are - read it and weep. You haven't been responsible, you've been lucky.

"In general, the failure rate for perfect use (i.e., a condom used correctly at every act of intercourse) is approximately 3%, and for typical use (condoms not used for every act of intercourse) the failure rate is 12%."

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Men who never want to have children can get vasectomies. Women who never want to have kids can get their tubes tied. Or, people could actually use the many available birth control methods to avoid unwanted pregnancies.
They could but there. is. still. a failure. rate.

Quote:

Yep, and a vasectomy is more traumatic. From the article:

“The risk for depression was 2.34 times greater after tubal ligation and 3.97 times greater after vasectomy. Similarly, all 10 indicators of anxiety were significantly higher among sterilized subjects. The risk for anxiety was 2.88 times greater after tubal ligation and 4.79 times greater after vasectomy.
Oh, I get it now. If the risk is greater for YOU, you want to bow out and let women take the responsibility. But you don't care about risk when it comes to women. You'd rather a woman take a greater risk having a baby rather than take the lesser risk of abortion, because that risk isn't something you need to deal with. Am I right?

And anxiety and depression in a man is so much worse than a woman dying. *snort*

Quote:
You understand that WOMEN are the ones that get pregnant, right?
Why are you saying that? It's not like pregnant women have any say over their bodies, according to you. You're the one who wants to make it illegal for women to do what they want with their bodies.

You can't have it both ways. Either women are TOTALLY responsible for their bodies or they totally AREN'T.

Which do you want? Make up your mind.
Quote:

P-ss poor idiot logic. The 'vasectomy' argument highlights what victims women are. Poor poor women, need men to protect them because they are too dumb / incapable to do it for themselves.
Also what you're saying is women need to take responsibility for themselves because men are too dumb/incapable to do it for themselves.

I don't know about you but if I were a man, I'd be pretty insulted by some of your thought processes.

Quote:
Bingo…how dare those meanie men not do what they insist
You mean like...wear a condom when women ask them to?

Quote:
…and what’s even funnier is that a doctor isn’t going to line up a bunch of teenagers and give them vasectomies, while both young men and women are choosing to have unprotected sex.
Hey, guess what? Doctors don't even line up to sterilize adult men and women.

So, you lament the fact that people are having unprotected sex but in the same sentence, you complain about men getting vasectomies? You're too much.

Old 04-16-2022, 02:54 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,239,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
You seriously believe that. Haven't you read anything on the failure rates of birth control? Anything at all? I've has my tubes tied and that can fail. And as for you being so responsible, your chances of becoming a father using condoms is - read it and weep. You haven't been responsible, you've been lucky.

"In general, the failure rate for perfect use (i.e., a condom used correctly at every act of intercourse) is approximately 3%, and for typical use (condoms not used for every act of intercourse) the failure rate is 12%."

Oh, I get it now. If the risk is greater for YOU, you want to bow out and let women take the responsibility. But you don't care about risk when it comes to women. You'd rather a woman take a greater risk having a baby rather than take the lesser risk of abortion, because that risk isn't something you need to deal with. Am I right?

And anxiety and depression in a man is so much worse than a woman dying. *snort*

Why are you saying that? It's not like pregnant women have any say over their bodies, according to you. You're the one who wants to make it illegal for women to do what they want with their bodies.

You can't have it both ways. Either women are TOTALLY responsible for their bodies or they totally AREN'T.

Also what you're saying is women need to take responsibility for themselves because men are too dumb/incapable to do it for themselves.

I don't know about you but if I were a man, I'd be pretty insulted by some of your thought processes.

So, you lament the fact that people are having unprotected sex but in the same sentence, you complain about men getting vasectomies? You're too much.
Lol. I said both men and women need to take responsibility. What’s the stats of using a condom to keep from getting pregnant versus using nothing like 52% of those that have unprotected sex?

Nope, never opposed a vasectomy. I simply posted facts in response to another posters unfounded claims.

Nope, I’ve said both men and women should take responsibility.

Yep, doctors won’t, that’s why both men and women need to take responsibility.

Nope, never complained about a man getting a vasectomy, but please do post where I did?

Old 04-16-2022, 02:58 PM

7,030 posts, read 4,908,593 times
Quote:
Lol. What’s the stats of using a condom to keep from getting pregnant versus using nothing?

Nope, never opposed a vasectomy. I simply posted facts in response to another posters unfounded claims.

Nope, I’ve said both men and women should take responsibility.
But you've said at least twice now that if people used birth control, there would be no accidents. That's not playing with a full deck, dude.

Old 04-16-2022, 03:07 PM

23,745 posts, read 12,615,055 times
Quote:
I didn't say that, did I? All I said was that it would solve the problem. YOUR problem of no more abortions.
Yeah, you pretty much did when you said "that would certainly solve the whole problem" if all men were fixed, seems you're for it.

Old 04-16-2022, 03:09 PM

Quote:
But you've said at least twice now that if people used birth control, there would be no accidents. That's not playing with a full deck, dude.
Funny how you edited my post. Please post where I said if people used birth control there would be no accidents?

Lol. Such false accusations

Old 04-16-2022, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Yeah, you pretty much did when you said "that would certainly solve the whole problem" if all men were fixed, seems you're for it.
Bingo

Old 04-16-2022, 03:13 PM

23,745 posts, read 12,615,055 times
Quote:
Bingo
That one loves twisting what people post. Their next user name should be Chubby Checker

Old 04-16-2022, 03:17 PM

Quote:
That one loves twisting what people post. Their next user name should be Chubby Checker

Easier to twist words and blame men than just say no.

Old 04-16-2022, 03:31 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,769,084 times
Quote:

Your first part makes sense. But saying that if people were responsible there wouldn't be a risk? Of what? Pregnancy?

Excuse me for a minute. I just spit my water out laughing.

"Drastically fewer pregnancies leads to drastically fewer abortions, and there’s also the option for adoption."

Right there's where you said it. Because with your fixation with adoption, you obviously want to force women through a pregnancy and a childbirth.

If that isn't wanting to control anyone's life, I don't know what is.

Just like men would be begging women for sex if women kept their legs closed as often as men tell them to. To be, you know, responsible.

You seriously believe that. Haven't you read anything on the failure rates of birth control? Anything at all? I've had my tubes tied and that can fail. And as for you being so responsible, your chances of becoming a father using condoms are - read it and weep. You haven't been responsible, you've been lucky.

Both control failure rates are extremely low. If women only had abortions because they used birth control and it failed, there would be WAY LESS abortions. I’d be happy with that.

Old 04-16-2022, 11:19 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,468,399 times
Quote:
Be interesting to see women BEGGING for men to reverse them.
Begging to reverse? I highly doubt that a woman who doesn't want another child (or any baby of her own at all) would beg a man to reverse a vasectomy, which is a loving (and easy) procedure a man does for a woman he loves.

In the rare instance where one might want to reverse a vasectomy, reversal "works about 90% to 95% of the time" according to Dr. James Hotaling, a urologist and the director of the men's health program at University of Utah Health.

https://healthcare.utah.edu/the-scop...ows=1_qqu0rn5o
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies