Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2022, 11:39 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,938,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Gotcha.
And just like that its not murdering a baby its about punishment. Its only murder if the evil women voluntarily engaged in enjoyable sex.
So ... If she was faking it and bored during sex and then gets an abortion, it's not murder? That's your argument?

The above has to be one of the stupidest abortion posts I've seen on C-D. And that's saying A LOT.

And you wonder why people don't take pro abortionists seriously? Exhibit A.

Old 04-18-2022, 11:41 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,198,572 times
Quote:
I dont support forced sterilization but these men need to be aware in the unintended pregnancy statistic, incorrect or inconsistent use of BC includes no, broken or improperly worn condoms. If I remember correctly it is the man who is in control of and wears the condom. But then I will bet there are posters who feel its the womans responsibility to inspect the condom and make sure he put it on correctly.
How long ago are you remembering? Many women love to be in control and use birth control themselves. The idea that the man is the only one that should take responsibility with birth control is great stuff. Let’s not forget men can’t get pregnant and a woman can just say no. Both need to take responsibility, then it won’t just be about a condom being inspected and put on correctly.

Old 04-18-2022, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
So ... If she was faking it and bored during sex and then gets an abortion, it's not murder? That's your argument?

The above has to be one of the stupidest abortion posts I've seen on C-D. And that's saying A LOT.

And you wonder why people don't take pro abortionists seriously? Exhibit A.
Bingo…but it’s all those meanie mens fault.

Old 04-18-2022, 11:49 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,938,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
How long ago are you remembering? Many women love to be in control and use birth control themselves. The idea that the man is the only one that should use birth control is great stuff. Let’s not forget men can’t get pregnant and a woman can just say no.
I am still amazed at the fact that every pro abortion argument has one common factor: Women are victims.

Every argument is based off that statement. Beyond insulting. And the opposite of 'feminist.'

Women are too dumb, too poor, too uneducated, too lazy, too irresponsible, too little self esteem .... to use BC or have sex with a good man who will stay with her and raise a child.

And yet somehow it's always the man's fault. Always.

--signed,
a woman who is sick of the victim argument

Old 04-18-2022, 11:58 AM

88,983 posts, read 44,799,475 times
Quote:
The graphs and charts were pretty and all but normally I like to back track to the original published paper and article links and actually read it or most of it anyway, not just one sentence.
The purpose of these particular studies was to determine reasons and demographics on why unintended pregnancies that lead to abortion have not decrease more than they have and what can be done to remedy that. I believe the recommendation was more Medicaid and Title X funding to insure adequate facilities and services in low income areas.
How can there be more Title X funding? Lets recap...

4,000+ Title X taxpayer-funded Family Planning Clinics nationwide vs. 272 abortion clinics.

Old 04-18-2022, 12:00 PM

23,507 posts, read 12,509,523 times
Quote:
The graphs and charts were pretty and all but normally I like to back track to the original published paper and article links and actually read it or most of it anyway, not just one sentence.
The purpose of these particular studies was to determine reasons and demographics on why unintended pregnancies that lead to abortion have not decrease more than they have and what can be done to remedy that. I believe the recommendation was more Medicaid and Title X funding to insure adequate facilities and services in low income areas.
Are you for or against government involvement, creating anti-abortion laws and "Medicaid and Title X funding"?
That the government should stay out of people's personal lives and not make anti-abortion laws? But if the gov throws taxpayers money towards it then that's a good thing?
Do you want the government out of people's personal lives or not?

(btw, I'm good with tax dollars going to sex education, BC, etc...with the exception of abortion. No tax dollars should go for abortion, it should be fully paid for by the person who wants it)

Old 04-18-2022, 12:01 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,738,390 times
Quote:
Gotcha
And just like that its not murdering a baby its about punishment. Its only murder if the evil women voluntarily engaged in enjoyable sex.
It actually sounds like it’s about taking some measures to be responsible and avoid an unwanted pregnancy as much as possible rather than failing to use birth control and than getting an abortion. That poster was referring to abortion for medical reasons, like a mom’s life is in danger. Is that really so unreasonable of a position to even consider? Is it crazy to advocate for a reduction in abortions?

But instead of listening people love to play the “gotcha” game.

Old 04-18-2022, 12:02 PM

Quote:
I am still amazed at the fact that every pro abortion argument has one common factor: Women are victims.

Every argument is based off that statement. Beyond insulting. And the opposite of 'feminist.'

Women are too dumb, too poor, too uneducated, too lazy, too irresponsible, too little self esteem .... to use BC or have sex with a good man who will stay with her and raise a child.

And yet somehow it's always the man's fault. Always.

--signed,
a woman who is sick of the victim argument
Bingo…But muh equality….although looking at some of the posters making such statements it appears that demographic plays a part. Sounds like from the “Gunsmoke” era.

Old 04-18-2022, 12:03 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,738,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post

(btw, I'm good with tax dollars going to sex education, BC, etc...with the exception of abortion. No tax dollars should go for abortion, it should be fully paid for by the person who wants it)
Same here.

It also seems like people don’t realize that PP has very successful fundraising departments so even without tax dollars funding abortions, they do very much have the ability and means to raise private funds and help cover the cost of abortions for people who need financial assistance. Taking tax dollars away for abortions will not leave low income people without help, it’s just help from private donors vs taxpayers.

Old 04-18-2022, 12:22 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,951,667 times
Quote:
Remind me:

Does the man get pregnant?
Remind me. Does the woman get pregnant without the man? (Not talking about artificial insemination here)

Why are you so quick to let the men off the hook? They also need to be responsible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies