Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2022, 01:15 PM

24,421 posts, read 23,080,421 times

Advertisements

Disney is an evil company so stop tolerating their abuses. They need to be reined in.

Old 04-23-2022, 01:25 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,102,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
It isn't my job to do your research. If you're in a thread debating a topic, you're expected to be aware of the history of that topic.

Anyone with any knowledge of the history of Disney should be able to figure it out. Reedy Creek was a way to conglomerate all the land that Disney had clandestinely bought in '64-'65 and make it developable. The plan was for Magic Kingdom and Epcot City to be built on the land.

Have you never watched the promotional video that Walt Disney did about 2 months before his death in order to encourage people to contact their legislators and push for them to sign off on it? If not, you probably should. After you watch it, ask yourself if Disney is anything like what Walt envisioned for it.
Then its my job to call your bluff because you stated "The entire purpose of the Reedy Creek district was so that Disney could build a futuristic housing community on the land." I thought you might have a unique link.

I already looked it up and as you probally know the purpose of the district is to provide "Services like land use regulation and planning, building codes, surface water control, drainage, waste treatment, utilities, roads, bridges, fire protection, emergency medical services, and environmental services were overseen by the district.[5] The only areas where the district had to submit to the county and state would be property taxes and elevator inspections."https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reedy_Creek_Improvement_District

Were 50 years into this Special District and there has been no accusations of mismanagement, abuse, or not paying taxes. As I posted on one of these threads let the state announce a re-evaluation to ensure compliance with current state law that's the adult thing to do.

Old 04-23-2022, 02:31 PM

10,485 posts, read 4,048,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachGecko View Post
There will be a record tax hike - on Disney, when their property is re-zoned appropriately. The tax hike could be as high as 600 million a year.

Disney can leave then we will bulldoze the property back to farmland.
Or Elon Musk can buy it up and turn it into a giant park for science, technology and other advancements for all human kind.

Old 04-23-2022, 02:33 PM

21,952 posts, read 9,517,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo View Post
The longer DeSantis is in power the more chance of a storm brewing. Once it does the corrupt DeSantis will be going down.
lol. Corrupt? You have zero credibility talking about this when the Biden Crime Family is in the WH.

Old 04-23-2022, 02:47 PM

18,467 posts, read 8,292,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Then its my job to call your bluff because you stated "The entire purpose of the Reedy Creek district was so that Disney could build a futuristic housing community on the land." I thought you might have a unique link.

I already looked it up and as you probally know the purpose of the district is to provide "Services like land use regulation and planning, building codes, surface water control, drainage, waste treatment, utilities, roads, bridges, fire protection, emergency medical services, and environmental services were overseen by the district.[5] The only areas where the district had to submit to the county and state would be property taxes and elevator inspections."https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reedy_Creek_Improvement_District

Were 50 years into this Special District and there has been no accusations of mismanagement, abuse, or not paying taxes. As I posted on one of these threads let the state announce a re-evaluation to ensure compliance with current state law that's the adult thing to do.
not exactly...Disney pulled a smoke and mirrors.....Disney negotiated to have full control to build a city of the future....EPCOT.....Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow

Disney never developed it into a city.....it became just another theme park

"The creation of the Reedy Creek Improvement District, and the control it gave Disney over 27,000 acres (11,000 hectares) in Florida, was a crucial element in the company’s plans to build near Orlando in the 1960s. Company officials said they needed autonomy to plan a futuristic city along with the theme park. The city never materialized, however; instead, it morphed into the Epcot theme park."

https://www.inquirer.com/business/di...-20220421.html

so......it's Disney that reneged

Old 04-23-2022, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Disney is an evil company so stop tolerating their abuses. They need to be reined in.
Yep.

Also,someone messaged me pretty much claiming that if you are against child abuse and pedophilia then you are lumped with the Qanons. Like that it's an insult or something.

I stand by my statement. If you against DeSantis right now, then it means you are for the pedophiles. End of story.

Old 04-23-2022, 02:56 PM

17,537 posts, read 39,154,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Yep.

Also,someone messaged me pretty much claiming that if you are against child abuse and pedophilia then you are lumped with the Qanons. Like that it's an insult or something.

I stand by my statement. If you against DeSantis right now, then it means you are for the pedophiles. End of story.
Sadly, it is obvious on these threads that many are for the pedophiles. All I can say is God bless DeSantis, and I for one would be happy to see Disney fold. I grew up in Tampa and remember when this was about to be built. I even typed up a doctoral thesis for one of my professors on the effects of this project. I went ONCE in the 70s and have never been back, never saw the appeal. Long lines, lots of artificial fake sh*t, and high prices.

Pretty sure they won't fold but maybe there can be a change. Like someone above mentioned, maybe Elon Musk can buy it and turn it into something fantastic. In addition to the "woke crap" their prices are shameful.

Old 04-23-2022, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Sadly, it is obvious on these threads that many are for the pedophiles. All I can say is God bless DeSantis, and I for one would be happy to see Disney fold. I grew up in Tampa and remember when this was about to be built. I even typed up a doctoral thesis for one of my professors on the effects of this project. I went ONCE in the 70s and have never been back, never saw the appeal. Long lines, lots of artificial fake sh*t, and high prices.

Pretty sure they won't fold but maybe there can be a change. Like someone above mentioned, maybe Elon Musk can buy it and turn it into something fantastic. In addition to the "woke crap" their prices are shameful.
I agree with you on Disney. I hate what they have done to both Star Wars and Marvel. A Force Awakens was such garbage, I never bothered with the the rest. Granted, I did watch Rogue One eventually and admit it was a decent movie, but it's also because they didn't bastardize Darth Vader.

Old 04-23-2022, 03:20 PM

19,724 posts, read 10,135,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post

We could never afford it. I could buy a car with what it would cost to stay there a few days. A friend of my daughter spent $10,000 there in a week.

Old 04-23-2022, 03:31 PM

142 posts, read 156,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachGecko View Post
There will be a record tax hike - on Disney, when their property is re-zoned appropriately. The tax hike could be as high as 600 million a year.

Disney can leave then we will bulldoze the property back to farmland.
Back to farmland? It was swampland.

You liberals sure do want to hike taxes on everyone and everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies