Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2022, 08:33 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,322,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Seems the only argument from the Governors office is that Disney chose to speak against one of his policies. If that's all I missed then i'm good, thanks...

So you're OK with a multi-billion dollar corporation chiming in on a bill they knew nothing about, solely because the CEO was pressured by his woke staff? And you're also OK knowing Disney was pushing a false narrative about this bill, and basically said they get to tell parents how their kids are raised?

Wow.......

Old 04-25-2022, 08:33 AM

2,284 posts, read 638,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK736 View Post
What makes Florida ugly? The "evil Republicans?" You're a prime example of why some people can never work in marketing. Mississippi, seriously? You clearly don't understand how demographics work.
Some people like mountains, I get it. But most of Montana doesn't have those impressive mountain vistas a certain section of the state has.

Anyways, as to Montana, the suggestion Disney move there was one of the dumbest suggestions I've seen. No insult to Montana, but Disney cannot make profit setting up a park in the middle of nowhere, and has to close it 9 months out of the year due to weather.

Old 04-25-2022, 08:58 AM

1,277 posts, read 1,092,335 times
Yet Disney keeps hitting capacity at their parks in Florida and California. Next Florida issue please.

Old 04-25-2022, 08:59 AM

270 posts, read 92,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
No problem taking away preferential treatment for corporations if done for the right reason. This was a vindictive retaliation by the governor purely because of politics, nothing to do with taxing corporations.
As much as I like DeSantis this does seem like this was done at the wrong time for the wrong reason. Of course we never really know all of the facts.

Old 04-25-2022, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore1974 View Post
As much as I like DeSantis this does seem like this was done at the wrong time for the wrong reason. Of course we never really know all of the facts.
I don't get why you feel that way. If we don't fight back, we will lose. Allowing Woke companies do what they want to pressure lawmakers into pushing laws they want vs the voters, and we just sit on our hands and say "what can we do" then that's when you get boinked in the butt (CD PG filter).

We want to fight. We're sick of this crap.

Last edited by beachGecko; 04-25-2022 at 09:10 AM..

Old 04-25-2022, 10:04 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,227,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Umm, that's because these tax incentives aren't for Disney. They are for ANY corporation that meets the requirements.

I'm starting to think that you don't like DeSantis.

Here, your article explains it....
Bingo…and their hate of Florida and DeSantis clouds reality.

Old 04-25-2022, 10:06 AM

19,223 posts, read 17,105,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
You realize that you cites one small section of dozens of sections of the relevant statutes and that it is simply saying that this section is about entering into contracts with providers? Step out and look at Section 125.01
I have but just because its long winded doesn't mean everything is applicable to every situation...

Old 04-25-2022, 10:06 AM

57,321 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore1974 View Post
I agree, developers and certain corporations have done their best to destroy Florida and government has turned a blind eye. He hasn't claimed a valid reason so yes we do know the facts why he took this action. If he had done this for the right reasons there wouldn't be an issue.

Old 04-25-2022, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Bingo…and their hate of Florida and DeSantis clouds reality.
In the case of the meme that people of Orange county will be paying more taxes due to this, it was started by 1 Democratic politician as an off the cuff statement that was picked up by liberal media and circulated with out fact check and then some of our DemoDonkey zombie posters picked it up and parroted it uncritically.

It would be hilarious if not so sad. Something should tell these idiots that if Disney (a for profit company) stood to pay less taxes and have their debt abolished by eliminating their district, it would have been done decades ago.

But common sense and Democrats don't mix.

Old 04-25-2022, 10:09 AM

57,321 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK736 View Post
So you're OK with a multi-billion dollar corporation chiming in on a bill they knew nothing about, solely because the CEO was pressured by his woke staff? And you're also OK knowing Disney was pushing a false narrative about this bill, and basically said they get to tell parents how their kids are raised?

Wow.......
Plenty of corporations have weighed in on social issues and yes Disney was drawn into this by their employees. We all know what was in the bill, this was a solution looking for a problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies