Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2022, 01:08 PM

15,722 posts, read 9,560,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
There’s a basis. The guy who tried to kill Kavanaugh was fairly young. I see a lot of young people at these pro-abortion marches.
Fair point. With that case, however, the suspect was near Kavanaugh's house with a gun and was an immediate threat to him. Not sure how that compares to a mass shooting on a parade where nothing is known about the suspect except a description.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2022, 01:09 PM

16,912 posts, read 10,625,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I am flipping between MSNBC and Fox. Mike Tobin on Fox is doing a good job of reporting from the scene. Not as attractive as Hallie Jackson though. Tobin reports a rifle was found at the scene, but that police still consider him armed and dangerous. He also says police are looking for video surveillance.
That’s good. If it was a legal purchase they’ll be able to identify him.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 07-04-2022, 01:11 PM

78,675 posts, read 60,878,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
When I saw the news alert on my phone saying shooting at 4th of July parade is said “Chicago”. Wasn’t far off the mark. Beetlejuice is really running the region down into a 3rd world country level.
Highland park is an upscale northern suburb of Chicago.

It's not run by Lightfoot.

It has a low crime rate, this is domestic terrorism not gang bangers.

Old 07-04-2022, 01:13 PM

10,176 posts, read 7,837,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
And that's why we know it was almost certainly a white guy, since, well, you know.

Mental health folks are quick to point out that the mentally ill are no more prone to violence than the general population. If we locked up every nut case, P&OC on C-D would be a ghost town
What are you talking about? What the heck does race have to do with mental illness? Why do the left always try to make things about race?

Old 07-04-2022, 01:14 PM

78,675 posts, read 60,878,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Chicago white male 20. Guarantee he was pissed about Roe. I would be my life savings on it.
Could be almost any motivation. It's ridiculous watching people foolishly try to pin this on left or right with zero facts.

Old 07-04-2022, 01:15 PM

8,805 posts, read 5,111,341 times
Nothing to fear Kakkles is on her way! She will probably bring bail money, and a social worker.

Old 07-04-2022, 01:16 PM

12,980 posts, read 9,699,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo View Post
Apparently there's a substantial Jewish population in Highland Park. I wonder if the shooter is a anti sematic wannabe killer who decided to go random.
It is, as well as the neighboring suburbs around Highland Park. I used to know people there, hopefully they are alright.

Old 07-04-2022, 01:22 PM

10,176 posts, read 7,837,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
Nothing to fear Kakkles is on her way! She will probably bring bail money, and a social worker.
Naw, the guy is white. She only goes into action for people of color.

Old 07-04-2022, 01:24 PM

2,189 posts, read 1,413,555 times
Late to respond and here is a quote from a local politician:

Rep. Brad Schneider, D-Ill., said he was at the start of the parade when the gunfire rang out.

"My team and I are safe and secure," he tweeted.

He added that he’s committed "to do everything I can to make our children, our towns, our nation safer. Enough is enough!"

But he won't. If he would, he would be building Prison Farms and not only Lock people up, but put them in Hard Labor. He would also implement Capital Punishment. He would also put God back in society, especially schools. He would put the 10 Commandments back into City Halls and Court Houses. And, he would be Anti-Abortion. Abortion cheapens life and the government needs to stop giving a green light to killing developing humans. It is not only wrong, but sends the wrong message to preserving precious human life.

Old 07-04-2022, 01:28 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,349,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Could be almost any motivation. It's ridiculous watching people foolishly try to pin this on left or right with zero facts.
It has to be an angry liberal that wanted to kill Trump supporters on July 4th.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies