Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2022, 02:37 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,531,203 times

Advertisements

Said at the presser that the shooter accessed the roof of the building (which was a business) via an attached ladder. 4:35 EST, watching MSNBC. I did not catch his name. Deceased victims on scene were adults.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2022, 02:38 PM

20,872 posts, read 9,550,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv95 View Post
The latter was done by a 15 y/o who didn't let politics affect him. I know you hate the right(and I do too) but can you try to come up with facts, evidence and context to back up your claims?
Records: Oxford school shooting suspect hoped massacre would get Biden impeached
Quote:
"Hopefully my shooting will cause Biden to get impeached," 15-year-old Ethan Crumbley allegedly wrote in a journal entry that was disclosed in a new court filing late Wednesday.

15,713 posts, read 9,531,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
Probably closer to actual Obama country. Name the district let’s see how blue it is.
I am relatively sure it is mostly Democrat. You can search it for yourself to find out for sure. What woukd this prove to your mind though?

10,770 posts, read 5,683,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Chalk up another one for the defund the police/soft on crime team
Tell us how a fully funded police force and a "hard" on crime team would have prevented this.

Old 07-04-2022, 02:40 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,546,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Not true. Chicago is a very important city to the U.S. economy; its economy is the 3rd largest in the U.S. and GDP is larger than the economic output of Switzerland. It's home to 36 Fortune 500 companies, financial trading, transportation, publishing and insurance are just a few important major industries in the city.

I like visiting, but the winters there........

Old 07-04-2022, 02:40 PM

6,812 posts, read 9,363,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Do you expect people to take you seriously when you say ridiculous things like this?
Lefties in my city are having a flag burning ceremony tonight at 7PM because “a county built on genocide and slavery is NOT worth celebrating” - according to their signs that are advertising the event.

So no, diddlydudette is not off base when stating the obvious about how most lefties hate this country.

BTW, obviously this situation in Highland Park is horrific, but I’d love to know why the new gun laws that Democrats (and some Republicans) just passed didn’t stop this event, in addition to all of the gun restrictions in Illinois?

Old 07-04-2022, 02:41 PM

20,872 posts, read 9,550,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Chalk up another one for the defund the police/soft on crime team
In Highland Park, Illinois?

If that's all you can come up with, goes to show you have nothing to come up with.

6,738 posts, read 4,423,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Same as it ever was. I'm not surprised to hear about more shootings.

Oh, there will be more, and more. Society is breeding them. Social media, video games. Games like this, shooting people from a roof top. With some one unstable, this wont seem out of the norm. Guns are easy to get.

30,075 posts, read 18,678,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Are things like this even newsworthy anymore? It's Illinois. They love crime and criminals so this should only be expected. It's really not news. Just assume that increased crime is the norm now. Just don't visit if you value your life.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2022/7/...parade-gunfire

The Highland Park Fourth of July parade ended in panic when shots were fired about 10 minutes after the parade kicked off at 10 a.m. Monday, striking an unknown number of parade-goers and sending hundreds of people running for safety.

Multiple people were shot. A Chicago Sun-Times reporter saw blankets covering three bloodied bodies and five other people wounded and bloodied near the parade’s reviewing stand.

Several witnesses said they heard multiple shots fired. One witness said he counted more than 20 shots.
Miles Zaremski, a Highland Park resident, told the Sun-Times: “I heard 20 to 25 shots, which were in rapid succession. So it couldn’t have been just a handgun or a shotgun.”

Zaremski said that after the shots at Central Avenue around Second Avenue in downtown Highland Park, he saw “people in that area that got shot,” including “a woman covered with blood . . . She did not survive.”
Highland Park?

That's a nice area and certainly not what people think of when they hear "Chicago".

Old 07-04-2022, 02:46 PM

21,952 posts, read 9,517,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
That’s good. If it was a legal purchase they’ll be able to identify him.
It is ILLEGAL to have a gun in HP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies