Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2022, 06:27 PM

3,270 posts, read 3,226,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
Who raised the tempo to a life or death struggle?
The guy who went behind the counter. You’re placing a lot of blame on the bodega worker. The guy who went behind the counter to corner him escalated the situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2022, 06:28 PM

7,165 posts, read 4,760,910 times
The victim, who was charged and jailed, did follow NY legal protocol in trying to deescalate the situation. He stood up and moved toward the exit. At that time, the perp escalated his attack, which caused the victim of the attack to use self-defense with a box cutter he had from his shop. The girlfriend also had a knife.
A clear viewing is available to anyone. It’s clearly self-defense.
The victim who was charged was wounded. His wounds were not attended to after he was thrown behind bars.
The outrage continued after his go fund me was removed.
These people are evil. Victims are put through hell; criminals are released and praised.

Old 07-11-2022, 06:29 PM

6,738 posts, read 3,018,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizrap View Post
How could he run away? The video that I saw was that he was sitting in his chair, behind the counter, and was backed into a corner by the guy he killed.

And oh, by the way, the guy that was killed came around the counter and confronted the bodega worker. He was clearly the aggressor, and if he wanted to settle the matter peacefully would have stayed behind the counter where customers stand, and not clearly threaten the old man.
This sounds like the same crowd who were defending the Rittenhouse attackers.

That old Dominican man should have just let the thug own him.

Like the Rittenhouse prosecutor said,

"everybody takes a beating sometimes"- James Kraus,

Old 07-11-2022, 06:32 PM

78,629 posts, read 60,809,315 times
Quote:
Who raised the tempo to a life or death struggle?
The guy that went into a store to attack the owner.

You seem to make every decision of right\wrong based upon who is black(er).

Are you a NOI member?

Old 07-11-2022, 06:34 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,660,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I suppose it's not shocking considering the city and its idiot D.A. The Bodega owner tried to reclaim the bag of chips the lady STOLE, and as a result was threatened with a knife. Her boyfriend then comes storming into the store to confront him, and it was clear he had zero intentions of resolving this peacefully. This is the very definition of a legitimate self-defense case, in a normal world.

This should put to rest any doubt that certain groups are afford more consideration and privileges than others. I have zero doubt that had the roles been reversed, and especially if the assailant was white, this D.A. would have brought the full fury of the legal system against the instigator.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art....html#comments
I'm going to read through the thread after I reply. I'm curious if any wackaloon moonbats are actually going to say this is right what the NYC DA is doing. The video is perfectly clear. It really frosts me how the girlfriend jumped in and stated stabbing the guy. Vicious pack varmints both of them. I guess this DA expects folks to just stand there and get killed by a vicious rabid rodent than defend themselves.

They threw this guy in Rikers for Pete's sake! The wounds the female rodent inflicted became infected there. I sincerely hope this guy sues the pants off the City of NY. Then I hope he runs for mayor and wins then governor and wins that too.

Old 07-11-2022, 06:39 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,770,560 times
They played audio today in which Alba is heard trying to de escalate the situation. If it goes to trial that will help him.

Old 07-11-2022, 06:43 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,415,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I'm going to read through the thread after I reply. I'm curious if any wackaloon moonbats are actually going to say this is right what the NYC DA is doing. The video is perfectly clear. It really frosts me how the girlfriend jumped in and stated stabbing the guy. Vicious pack varmints both of them. I guess this DA expects folks to just stand there and get killed by a vicious rabid rodent than defend themselves.

They threw this guy in Rikers for Pete's sake! The wounds the female rodent inflicted became infected there. I sincerely hope this guy sues the pants off the City of NY. Then I hope he runs for mayor and wins then governor and wins that too.
Theres right, and theres the law. And DA's are the first guardian in making sure that the law is balanced by what is right.

Legally? It might not be self defense. morally? From what im seeing I wouldn't object at all to charges never being filed. And believe it or not that is something your DA should be doing. They are in fact your first defense against things like this legally.

Old 07-11-2022, 07:07 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,660,723 times
Quote:
I don't know if that happened at all. The news reports did not state that. The owner was shown walking pretty good.
The owner was backed into a corner and was being violently assaulted by two people. The woman stabbed him and the man was obviously going to at the very least beat him to death. Watch the full video. It exonerates he owner 110%. He did retreat but was cornered. So he defended himself.

BTW, not everywhere has a "duty to retreat" clause in their rules for self defense. NV sure doesn't. If you're being threatened with physical violence and in legitimate fear for your safety you can turn it around and go on offense. Which is as it should be.

You said earlier that you have traveled around and given professional style lectures on the use of lethal force. Given that I find your take on this...odd. I've done maybe just a wee bit of lethal force instruction but not via lecture. In the classroom was part of my job but the real classroom was on the range. Delved plenty into shoot don't shoot the attitude and demeanor to adopt whilst going armed how to manage adrenaline etc.

I've instructed newbies in the initial CCW qualification course all the way up to advanced combat handgun for both citizens and LE. So one "professional" to another I have to wonder at what it is you're teaching folks. That you are questioning the viability of a self defense situation here leaves me a tad aghast.

As someone who has had to fire shots in anger in a situation not dissimilar to this one there is no question in my mind how a judge should treat it. Get the hell out of my court! Said very loudly to the DA. This was textbook self defense. The guy should never have been arrested. A good judge would advise him to get a civil action going against the DA. But I ain't holding my breath on that. Were this have happened to me here in NV I would have shot the criminal rodent dead as soon as he came behind the counter advancing on me and the girlfriend as well if she was stupid enough to come with him.

Unfortunately it was not me and it wasn't in NV. It was in left wing wokey tokey looney tune land. The owner was walking pretty good? And that has bearing how? Exactly? There is no defending the NYC DA on this one. He was attacked by a murderous thug and his equally thug girlfriend and he defended himself. That's really all there is to see here folks.

Old 07-11-2022, 07:31 PM

19,736 posts, read 10,166,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
The owner was backed into a corner and was being violently assaulted by two people. The woman stabbed him and the man was obviously going to at the very least beat him to death. Watch the full video. It exonerates he owner 110%. He did retreat but was cornered. So he defended himself.

BTW, not everywhere has a "duty to retreat" clause in their rules for self defense. NV sure doesn't. If you're being threatened with physical violence and in legitimate fear for your safety you can turn it around and go on offense. Which is as it should be.

You said earlier that you have traveled around and given professional style lectures on the use of lethal force. Given that I find your take on this...odd. I've done maybe just a wee bit of lethal force instruction but not via lecture. In the classroom was part of my job but the real classroom was on the range. Delved plenty into shoot don't shoot the attitude and demeanor to adopt whilst going armed how to manage adrenaline etc.

I've instructed newbies in the initial CCW qualification course all the way up to advanced combat handgun for both citizens and LE. So one "professional" to another I have to wonder at what it is you're teaching folks. That you are questioning the viability of a self defense situation here leaves me a tad aghast.

As someone who has had to fire shots in anger in a situation not dissimilar to this one there is no question in my mind how a judge should treat it. Get the hell out of my court! Said very loudly to the DA. This was textbook self defense. The guy should never have been arrested. A good judge would advise him to get a civil action going against the DA. But I ain't holding my breath on that. Were this have happened to me here in NV I would have shot the criminal rodent dead as soon as he came behind the counter advancing on me and the girlfriend as well if she was stupid enough to come with him.

Unfortunately it was not me and it wasn't in NV. It was in left wing wokey tokey looney tune land. The owner was walking pretty good? And that has bearing how? Exactly? There is no defending the NYC DA on this one. He was attacked by a murderous thug and his equally thug girlfriend and he defended himself. That's really all there is to see here folks.
He could not lecture here in Missouri either. You do not have to retreat. The law states "you may use deadly force if YOU deem it necessary".

Old 07-11-2022, 07:42 PM

20,838 posts, read 17,144,467 times
The DA is a racist...against humans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies