Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2022, 08:24 AM

1,642 posts, read 1,646,648 times

Advertisements

Contraceptives have been used since very remote times in Ancient Egypt, then in Greece and Rome and it was not necessary for the law to determine their use and practices, even in the complex Roman Law. But Pelosi is the American matron who intends to impose her law on who she owes and how abortion has to be in her brothel.
All those old liberals hags in Congress who advocate so much for abortion rights should be forced to lead by example and be publicly impregnated by Biden, Chuck Schumer, Adam Schiff and Mit McConnell and at 9 months pregnancy be forced to have an abortion without anesthesia and suffer from endometriosis for the rest of their lives.

Old 07-24-2022, 08:26 AM

89,049 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Someone just anonymously 'repped' me this... "I will clue you in. Before women were forced to have babies in that book, abortion was banned. Then contraceptives were banned. It’s the backstory of the book that the posters are referring to."

I will clue YOU in... Even after the Dobbs decision, abortion is NOT banned. There is NO state that bans abortion. Similarly, contraceptives are NOT banned. NO state bans contraceptives.

What happens in the book: Women are forced to have unprotected sex in order to breed. That's the exact opposite of what's actually currently happening... 95% of unintended pregnancies are due to women VOLUNTARILY participating in unprotected sex, by their own admission (Guttmacher, Planned Parenthood's research subsidiary). The problem is women and their sex partners aren't even bothering to get and USE birth control to prevent pregnancy.

No one is forcing them to have unprotected sex and get pregnant. They're doing that to themselves. That is the EXACT OPPOSITE of what happens in the book.

Old 07-24-2022, 08:30 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,960,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Take your own advice, PLEASE! The idiotic pro-death left has NOT comprehended what actually happens in the book.

The Handmaid's Tale is about women being forced to have unprotected sex to breed. That's the exact opposite of what's actually currently happening... 95% of unintended pregnancies are due to women VOLUNTARILY participating in unprotected sex, by their own admission (Guttmacher, Planned Parenthood's research subsidiary). The problem is women and their sex partners aren't even bothering to get and USE birth control to prevent pregnancy.

No one is forcing them to have unprotected sex and get pregnant. They're doing that to themselves.
I suspect YOU never read the book or watched the show either.

We also know you have a problem understanding analogies. So back off please.

Old 07-24-2022, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
There are 12 different forms of birth control.

If the left loves science so much, why don’t they understand the 12 forms of science that prevent babies?

Birth control is, and will always be, easily accessible. To say otherwise is an insult to the intellect of women everywhere.

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/pl...-birth-control
"To say otherwise is an insult to the intellect of women everywhere."

That is their MO: "Women are stupid." "Women are totally incapable and inept, we must save them from themselves." It's the most misogynistic and condescending thing I've ever seen. Hideously grotesque.

Old 07-24-2022, 08:36 AM

5,654 posts, read 6,220,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
Which is why this thread......people are understandably concerned by some of the more extreme politicians that have said they would restrict access to contraception. If that happens, the argument that birth control is easily accessible will no longer be valid. Your argument regarding abortion is hollow in a thread about keeping birth control accessible.
There are 12 different forms of birth control.

If the left loves science so much, why don’t they understand the 12 forms of science that prevent babies?

Birth control is, and will always be, easily accessible. To say otherwise is an insult to the intellect of women everywhere.

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/pl...-birth-control
Which would be why I referred to "extreme politicians," because I don't believe the viewpoint is widespread. But they are out there, e.g. Jacky Eubanks. https://www.newsweek.com/contracepti...ubanks-1708868

Old 07-24-2022, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
Which would be why I referred to "extreme politicians," because I don't believe the viewpoint is widespread. But they are out there, e.g. Jacky Eubanks. https://www.newsweek.com/contracepti...ubanks-1708868
She's running for office. She's not a politician. She has no vote other than the same as anyone else who is 18 or older and a US citizen.

Old 07-24-2022, 08:50 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,492,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post

and as a liberal I suspect YOU never will understand that the FEDERAL government should NOT be all powerful

in the case of your story/show...the powerful country government is the ones who can grant a right/ban anything

contraception has been around for thousands of years. it will not be banned, but that doesn't make it a constitutional right

Old 07-24-2022, 09:01 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,598,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Is that the most pressing thing for Congress to be addressing ….. Your right to birth control. ???
It must be a slow year --- does make a person wonder what is really going on that they don't want people to see.

Old 07-24-2022, 09:03 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,960,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
and as a liberal I suspect YOU never will understand that the FEDERAL government should NOT be all powerful

in the case of your story/show...the powerful country government is the ones who can grant a right/ban anything

contraception has been around for thousands of years. it will not be banned, but that doesn't make it a constitutional right
Why do you oppose a law that says contraceptives cannot be banned? We have laws about all sorts of drugs and medical devices... saying what is allowed or not allowed.

Abortion has been around for thousands of years too, and yet we have some extremists who are trying their best to ban it. Never say never.

Old 07-24-2022, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
I read the book and unlike the lefty death-cult, actually COMPREHEND what I read.

Quote:
No one understands FLAWED analogies because they're... well... FLAWED. And in THIS case, the analogy to THT is SEVERELY flawed for the reasons I already noted.

Don't want to get pregnant? USE BIRTH CONTROL. HOW is that HARD for anyone to understand?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies