Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2022, 07:38 AM

6,044 posts, read 2,856,281 times

Advertisements

https://www.breitbart.com/economy/20...hru-labor-day/

Can you imagine the outages if just a quarter of Californians drove electric vehicles? States that intend to go "green" with their energy grids need to sort through their problems before they mandate that everyone purchase something for which their is not enough electricity to power...

From the article:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breitbart News
California will suffer an energy shortage and “Flex Alerts” through Labor Day due to high temperatures, and residents will be asked to conserve electricity during afternoons and evenings, which means refraining from charging electric vehicles, among other uses.

The Sacramento Bee reported Tuesday (emphasis added):

Hoping to avoid blackouts, the California Independent System Operator, which manages the state’s power grid, warned Tuesday that it probably will issue a series of Flex Alerts over the next several days. Flex Alerts are voluntary calls for conservation during the afternoon and evening hours, when energy use tends to soar. Residents will be asked to turn up their thermostats to 78 degrees or higher, avoid using dishwashers or other large appliances, and hold off on charging their electric vehicles, all during the 4-9 p.m. time frame.

Already, the grid manager has issues a “restricted maintenance operations” notice starting Wednesday — a directive telling power generators and transmission line operators to delay routine maintenance that would take generating or transmission equipment offline.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2022, 07:43 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,255,259 times
The Democrats are professionals at putting the cart before the horse and then passing the blame...

They can't handle the drain on the grid now never mind in 10 years when they start forcing everyone to go electric.

How bad will it get before the realize that going all out green was a stupid idea?

What is wrong with these Bozos that fail to use common sense and act accordingly?

Old 08-31-2022, 07:50 AM

11,270 posts, read 11,037,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
What is wrong with these Bozos that fail to use common sense and act accordingly?
Both are prerequisites for being a democrat. Why bother when the solution for every problem is to just point the finger at others and then have the media cover for you.

Old 08-31-2022, 07:52 AM

9,895 posts, read 4,659,887 times
I guess virtue signaling isn't so fun right now.

Old 08-31-2022, 07:58 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,035,206 times
So for years we have been advised, asked to not use power during peak times. Run your dishwasher late at night, or do laundry middle of the day, etc.

Now you guys get offended?

Other states (Texas) are also asking its residents to use power more efficiently.

It takes a bit of planning, especially with cars, but it isn't such a bad thing.

Old 08-31-2022, 08:07 AM

5,044 posts, read 2,403,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
The Democrats are professionals at putting the cart before the horse and then passing the blame...

They can't handle the drain on the grid now never mind in 10 years when they start forcing everyone to go electric.

How bad will it get before the realize that going all out green was a stupid idea?

But won't it be great when they force you into an EV and control the only source of power to it? Emergency no drive mandates. They flick a switch and you are limited how many miles you can drive or when you can charge if they allow you to charge and if you can even drive at all. The UK is facing something like 80% price hikes.

When they control the distribution they can throttle you down so everything will be fine. Lol Didn't manage to pay your power bill? Guess who doesn't drive? I like EVs but control wise they could be a liberal totalitarians wet dream. Covid flair up? Hit the kill switch we (you) are staying in place.

They don't even want you to have a gas stove. It's scary to think of one entity being able to control the price and distribution for 100% of your energy needs. Yet people fall for the thesis that an EV is going to save you money. They love to boast about how they get free electricity. That's just the crack dealer getting them hooked.

What do you do when electricity goes up 10 fold and everything in your life requires it?

Old 08-31-2022, 08:09 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,035,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
But won't it be great when they force you into an EV and control the only source of power to it? Emergency no drive mandates. They flick a switch and you are limited how many miles you can drive or when you can charge if they allow you to charge and if you can even drive at all. The UK is facing something like 80% price hikes.

When they control the distribution they can throttle you down so everything will be fine. Lol Didn't manage to pay your power bill? Guess who doesn't drive? I like EVs but control wise they could be a liberal totalitarians wet dream. Covid flair up? Hit the kill switch we (you) are staying in place.

They don't even want you to have a gas stove. It's scary to think of one entity being able to control the price and distribution for 100% of your energy needs. Yet people fall for the thesis that an EV is going to save you money. They love to boast about how they get free electricity. That's just the crack dealer getting them hooked.

What do you do when electricity goes up 10 fold and everything in your life requires it?
I've lived in the southeast for 25 years -- red states and in both states I have been in a situation where there was a run on gas.

Is that any different?

Old 08-31-2022, 08:13 AM

3,113 posts, read 940,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I've lived in the southeast for 25 years -- red states and in both states I have been in a situation where there was a run on gas.

Is that any different?
never happened to me.

5,044 posts, read 2,403,374 times
Quote:

Is that any different?
I am talking about when they mandate only EV. As far as I know you could fill gas if it is available or you can find any. The thing with the EV is they could put you on a blacklist using your car ID and you can't get gas anywhere no matter what. They will be able to completely dictate to you when you can drive and if you can drive.

Late on your taxes? No juice to your home charger and blacklisted at public ones. I am talking about it be8ng available but being able to control 100% who it flows to.

8,419 posts, read 4,581,400 times
Quote:
So for years we have been advised, asked to not use power during peak times. Run your dishwasher late at night, or do laundry middle of the day, etc.

Now you guys get offended?

Other states (Texas) are also asking its residents to use power more efficiently.

It takes a bit of planning, especially with cars, but it isn't such a bad thing.

It doesn't matter where the call to use less energy comes from, the fact is there isn't enough. The irony is that California is urging (for now) everyone get on board with a technology their grid can't support. Texas is not.

Your whataboutism doesn't always work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies