Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2022, 02:31 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
My stepson manages the night shift of a local truck stop. They are having delays in getting diesel fuel.
YEs as indicated in the article-- once the talk of shortages people started hoarding So it will make the situation worse.

But the article I linked suggeest that we won't run out...there will be a shortage and that is made worse with our tendency to horde
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2022, 02:53 PM

4,661 posts, read 1,954,435 times
i like Tucker i think he is the best of the opinion commentators but he is an opinion guy not a true newsman. And when he ran his story he was talking nonsense. There are Diesel shortages and if we have a very bad winter there will be more shortages but we are not going to run out of Diesel in a few weeks. Those 20 day or so numbers were based on if we suddenly stopped producing/getting any more diesel thats how long we can go. Well we are still producing it. Now I am stocking up to be prudent because as i said if we have a cold winter shortages could occur which means higher prices on everything and likely shortages on products besides diesel due to supply chain issues. So buying now if you can is just smart.

Old 11-08-2022, 06:47 PM

8,505 posts, read 4,750,085 times
Well, another thing to consider is that different fuels have different length carbon chains. Refining merely separates these certain lengths of carbon chains, and while it can “perfect” some of them, there’s only so much kerosene, diesel, gasoline, bunker C, etc you’ll get out of a barrel of oil. You can’t refine an entire barrel of oil into just anything you want. IIRC you get something like 50ish% gasoline out of a barrel of oil and something like 30% of it is diesel. So, as long as the refineries are supplied and running, there’s a finite amount of diesel which will be supplied.

And remember, an 18 wheeler can use as much as 100gal/day, so…while I don’t know what reserve of diesel we have had historically, I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s tighter than we would be comfortable with even in the best of conditions.

Old 11-08-2022, 07:16 PM

4,167 posts, read 4,883,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
This thread was started 16 days ago. Do posters really believe there are only 9 days of diesel fuel left?
My brother-in-law is a trucker and said there was no diesel fuel in Florence Kentucky last night, so truck stops are running out whether people want to believe it or not.

Old 11-08-2022, 07:37 PM

10,872 posts, read 4,546,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
My brother-in-law is a trucker and said there was no diesel fuel in Florence Kentucky last night, so truck stops are running out whether people want to believe it or not.

my brother came off the road and is now the compliance/safety officer for a mid size company based outta texas - drivers are getting delayed or stuck, since all the drivers are national pool, not local, #2 fuel is not making it to the rural interstates

the problem is, with the reduced oil (I jiust saw a report not an hour ago that the us is down 2.3Mbbl/day in crude due to the bans) they are not letting distillate out but rather re-feeding it to increase the gas supply. there will be a loser.

Old 12-25-2022, 09:30 PM

13,606 posts, read 4,937,539 times
According to this thread started 2 months ago, the US was about to run out of diesel fuel. What happened? I haven’t heard anything lately about diesel shortages. Prices are lower than anytime since March. Does TheGateway Pundit ever have to answer for the lies it spreads?

Old 12-25-2022, 09:40 PM

17,804 posts, read 13,708,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
According to this thread started 2 months ago, the US was about to run out of diesel fuel. What happened? I haven’t heard anything lately about diesel shortages. Prices are lower than anytime since March. Does TheGateway Pundit ever have to answer for the lies it spreads?
I guess they've moved beyond that now that they have a 1.7 trillion omnibus bill to fret about.

Old 12-26-2022, 01:33 AM

37,229 posts, read 19,225,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
We ran out, essentials stopped moving, stores were unable to restock, and everyone in the country either starved or froze to death. I’m surprised you didn’t see the story. It was all over the news. Gateway Pundit devoted an entire issue to it.

Old 12-26-2022, 06:54 AM

22,662 posts, read 24,614,838 times
The problem is making it worthwhile to produce energy in this country....oil, diesel, natural gas, etc.

Just Wyoming alone has thousands upon thousands of tons of proven coal-reserves......oh yeah, forget it, the Greenies hate that stuff.

Old 12-26-2022, 06:57 AM

19,724 posts, read 10,135,138 times
The shortage of diesel fuel never materialized.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies