Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever been forced to give up your privacy for a man (men) claiming to be trans?
I'm a woman and nothing like this has ever happened to me 51 61.45%
I'm a woman and I think I may have had to share with a trans guy 0 0%
I'm a woman and I had to share with a regular guy claiming to be trans 7 8.43%
I'm a woman and I don't even pay attention to this kind of stuff 9 10.84%
I'm a man and I could tell you some amazing stories (share them if you want) 16 19.28%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2022, 12:38 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times

Advertisements

I'm sure that there are some "trannies" that are respectful of others, and decent people. And as such they would choose to use single person/"family" changing/bathrooms and not make other people uncomfortable or put their safety at risk. This isn't about them

For the others-those that insist on using the personal spaces of the opposite sex, and those that are trans-activists, it seems like an excuse to be rude, entitled bullies, and while doing so being held up as some sort of virtue signaling. Instead of being treated as an a-hole for bullying others, they are considered the "underdog", and held up as some sort of little heroes, and the normal people made to feel like there is something wrong with them for being uncomfortable. Seems more like an excuse for pathetic little people to insult, degrade and slander others, even to the point of hurting them professionally and economically, all while the bullies are held up as the "injured party". BULLCHIT!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2022, 01:47 PM

13,423 posts, read 9,955,563 times
WRT Lia Thomas - the world swimming body (FINA) has voted to allow MTF transgenders only be allowed in competition if they have transitioned before age 12 and have effectively never experienced male puberty.

This effectively bans transgender women from competition in elite events, which IMHO opinion is fair enough. Are Lia Thomas and UPenn not subject to the same rules? Did she compete prior to the rule change? Asking because I don’t live in the US currently and am not across it.

She won’t be competing in the Olympics in women’s competition. She’s free to compete with men.

If the University of Pennsylvania follows the FINA guidelines, the problem will be moot.

I’m extremely supportive of trans and gender non conforming people. I’m sympathetic that they want to compete. However, in the case of women’s sports in any case where a male physique gives an advantage, then no. I agree women have worked hard for their sports to be taken seriously and no one should come in and ruin the years of sacrifice with an unfair advantage.

FINA is looking into setting up open competition categories.

Sometimes people have to make hard choices. We all do. Lia had to choose between transitioning or remaining an elite male athlete. I understand that’s a tough position to be in. But - you cannot start to transition a year prior and then complete with women. There are several sporting bodies addressing the criteria for competition.

I don’t think the women on the team are unsupportive of Lia generally, but are justifiably upset at the unfair advantage.

The locker room issue with Lia, I suspect, has more to do with her unfair advantage in the pool than getting changed in front of her. I’m a tad sceptical that athletes who swim in competition are that shy about their bodies, but ok fair enough, they should be heard and not dismissed.

Old 11-19-2022, 02:35 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Quote:
The locker room issue with Lia, I suspect, has more to do with her unfair advantage in the pool than getting changed in front of her. I’m a tad sceptical that athletes who swim in competition are that shy about their bodies, but ok fair enough, they should be heard and not dismissed.
I take the women at their word when they say they were uncomfortable changing and showering side by side with Lia. I don’t doubt their concerns one bit. As their teammate, Lia helped their team to win and were not competing against any of them. Their concerns of changing with Lia are real and valid. I’m sorry you’re skeptical about women’s legitimate concerns.

Old 11-19-2022, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I take the women at their word when they say they were uncomfortable changing and showering side by side with Lia. I don’t doubt their concerns one bit. As their teammate, Lia helped their team to win and were not competing against any of them. Their concerns of changing with Lia are real and valid. I’m sorry you’re skeptical about women’s legitimate concerns.
Lol.

You remove my whole post so you can have some snarky dig - a dig at an opinion, a quite valid opinion, mind you - which ended with the caveat “they should be heard and not dismissed”.

Did ya miss that bit?

Just argumentative for the sake of it?

Old 11-19-2022, 02:50 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Lol.

You remove my whole post so you can have some snarky dig - a dig at an opinion, a quite valid opinion, mind you - which ended with the caveat “they should be heard and not dismissed”.

Did ya miss that bit?

All of your posts are pro trans. All of them. At the expense of the women. Every time.

Just because you add a tagline on the end doesn't change the slant of every post. I'm sure I'm not the only poster who reads your posts and thinks that. YMMV.

LMK when you are comfortable saying: The girls have every RIGHT to be upset and uncomfortable and Lia should have known better than to deliberately make his teammates feel that way when all he had to do? Was go change in the bathroom away from the girls.

That is all he would have had to do. But he didn't. Despite the controversy, despite alienating and upsetting all his teammates. Why didn't he do that? Why as a teammates would anyone deliberately be the aggressor?

Because it does not matter how girls FEEL. Only how transgenders FEEL.

https://nypost.com/2022/01/27/teamma...er-lia-thomas/

“It’s definitely awkward because Lia still has male body parts and is still attracted to women,” the swimmer said. Thomas has reportedly told her teammates that she dates women. The swimmer told the outlet that other team members have spoken to the team’s coaches about possibly getting Thomas to change elsewhere from the rest of the team, but those discussions haven’t gone anywhere.

She added, “It’s really upsetting because Lia doesn’t seem to care how it makes anyone else feel. The 35 of us are just supposed to accept being uncomfortable in our own space and locker room for, like, the feelings of one. The school was so focused on making sure Lia was okay, and doing everything they possibly could do for her, that they didn’t even think about the rest of us,” the teammate told the Daily Mail.

Old 11-19-2022, 02:53 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Quote:
Lol.

Did ya miss that bit?

Yet you were dismissing their concerns with suspicion that they were not actually upset by what they said they were upset by and your skepticism of their claims that they were bothered. Swimming in a swim suit does not mean one is comfortable being naked with men. I find your words very dismissive.

Old 11-19-2022, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Yet you were dismissing their concerns with suspicion that they were not actually upset by what they said they were upset by and your skepticism of their claims that they were bothered. Swimming in a swim suit does not mean one is comfortable being naked with men. I find your words very dismissive.
As do I.

It feels like a dismissive pat on the head. Oh, those girls. Shucks, well I GUESS they COULD HAVE felt uncomfortable, maybe, a little. But probably not. but if they did it's unfortunate ... [because trans right are more important]

Old 11-19-2022, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
All of your posts are pro trans. All of them. At the expense of the women. Every time.

Just because you add a tagline on the end doesn't change the slant of every post. I'm sure I'm not the only poster who reads your posts and thinks that. YMMV.

LMK when you are comfortable saying: The girls have every RIGHT to be upset and uncomfortable and Lia should have known better than to deliberately make his teammates feel that way when all he had to do? Was go change in the bathroom away from the girls.

That is all he would have had to do. But he didn't. Despite the controversy, despite alienating and upsetting all his teammates. Why didn't he do that? Why as a teammates would anyone deliberately be the aggressor?

Because it does not matter how girls FEEL. Only how transgenders FEEL.

https://nypost.com/2022/01/27/teamma...er-lia-thomas/

“It’s definitely awkward because Lia still has male body parts and is still attracted to women,” the swimmer said. Thomas has reportedly told her teammates that she dates women. The swimmer told the outlet that other team members have spoken to the team’s coaches about possibly getting Thomas to change elsewhere from the rest of the team, but those discussions haven’t gone anywhere.

She added, “It’s really upsetting because Lia doesn’t seem to care how it makes anyone else feel. The 35 of us are just supposed to accept being uncomfortable in our own space and locker room for, like, the feelings of one. The school was so focused on making sure Lia was okay, and doing everything they possibly could do for her, that they didn’t even think about the rest of us,” the teammate told the Daily Mail.
Quote:
Quote:
As do I.

It feels like a dismissive pat on the head. Oh, those girls. Shucks, well I GUESS they COULD HAVE felt uncomfortable, maybe, a little. But probably not. but if they did it's unfortunate ... [because trans right are more important]
Again, “but ok fair enough, they should be heard and not dismissed”.

Soz I’m not in lockstep with the pair of ya. Well not really. I’m surprised neither of you bothered quoting the rest of my post. I wonder why that is?

Old 11-19-2022, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Again, “but ok fair enough, they should be heard and not dismissed”.

Soz I’m not in lockstep with the pair of ya. Well not really. I’m surprised neither of you bothered quoting the rest of my post. I wonder why that is?
You said you were skeptical that the girls were uncomfortable changing in a locker room with him.

Are you claiming you did not say that? Even though that is EXACTLY what you wrote?

What part of that am I misunderstanding?

Do you not believe girls when they say they are uncomfortable? Think they are lying?

Please clarify your "skepticism."

Old 11-19-2022, 03:20 PM

Quote:
You said you were skeptical that the girls were uncomfortable changing in a locker room with him.

Are you claiming you did not say that? Even though that is EXACTLY what you wrote?

What part of that am I misunderstanding?

Do you not believe girls when they say they are uncomfortable? Think they are lying?

Please clarify your "skepticism."
Go badger someone else. My post was quite clear, and doesn’t require clarification.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies