Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2023, 03:24 AM

37,195 posts, read 19,225,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
And that 0.5% seemingly run the country and Western world currently, nothing can take precedence over their wishes and feelings; the 99,5% count for nothing.
No, it just seems that way to you because republicans try to keep them on top of the news cycle with constant attacks. To the rest of us, we wonder what the republicans are trying to distract us from with their hatred, or whether or not it’s just that they are unsure about themselves.

Old 05-24-2023, 03:53 AM

30,181 posts, read 11,815,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Trans people are still estimated to be 0.5% of the population. It is WAY more likely you would never hear about it or meet a trans person unless you live in a high-population city which by percentages raises your probability of running into a trans person.

Creating a fear or concern over Trans people and bathrooms when most Americans will never meet one or run into one in a restroom is stupid and just fearmongering. Not to mention if the Trans person has completed cosmetic surgery to the face and is on hormone therapy you would likely not even know it was a trans person in the restroom at all.

It is mind-boggling that economic issues, concerns with the cost of living, cost of food, cost of housing, and lack of wage increases for decades are all talked about less than Trans and bathrooms currently.
Exactly its just TDS. Trans Derangement Syndrome. I say live and let live on issues that don't affect you at all. Clearly if someone is starting threads here asking why are there no trans men blah blah blah its because they don't know any trans people to ask directly. Yet this keeps them up at night.

If this is part of the GOP party platform and other silly social issues that are mostly fabricated and of course so called stolen elections its going to go poorly for MAGA in 2024. Because independent voters like myself would rather stay home than support a horrible out of touch dem party or a GOP party that is way off the mark as to what is important to average people. The GOP is right on economics but way off on the social stuff. The Dems are wrong on social issues also and don't get me started on the dems and the economy. This country really has no good options going forward.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 05-24-2023 at 04:15 AM..

Old 05-24-2023, 04:28 AM

72 posts, read 59,338 times
I was thinking about this the other day after seeing a person in public who was cross dressing for sure but didn't look like they
took HRT at all. I had the thought go through my mind just how easy it would be if I were a man who was a pervert to get into a female space. All you would need is a wig, some cheap makeup and some women's clothes and due to the laws there is now permission to enter those spaces easily. Very disturbing.

Old 05-24-2023, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marigodqew View Post
I was thinking about this the other day after seeing a person in public who was cross dressing for sure but didn't look like they
took HRT at all. I had the thought go through my mind just how easy it would be if I were a man who was a pervert to get into a female space. All you would need is a wig, some cheap makeup and some women's clothes and due to the laws there is now permission to enter those spaces easily. Very disturbing.
If that is the case, rest assured it has been going on ever since bathrooms were first segregated. If you haven't heard of any incidents reported, everything is still normal.

Old 05-24-2023, 05:17 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I got harassed in a women's restroom while going through chemo because I appeared masculine after losing most of my feminine features to treatment - buzz cut, lost my eyelashes and eyebrows, face swollen and weight gain from steroids concealed my curves. I suspect the older woman needed her glasses checked, but she claimed she could "always tell." It was mortifying and scary. This was in 2011.

There are probably more cases of women who don't look traditionally feminine having perverts who are overly concerned with what is in their pants cause issues in the restroom than there are men pretending to be a woman so they can try to peek through the cracks in the stalls.
My aunt had a similar experience. But the woman who said to her, "this is women's bathroom " immediately apologized to her after she saw her face. I guess the woman reacted too quickly after seeing my aunt bony back and hair. My brother told her to just go ahead get a Marine high and tight hair cut. My aunt went from
looking like a feminine beauty queen type of girly girl to a skinny boy after chemotherapy.

The woman who misgendered her was very apologetic and she even wanted to offer her some helpful tips of dealing with treatment. My aunt just wanted to cry and got the heck out of there.

This experience sucks for her, but it happened very rarely.

Why would transgenders want to be yelled at and be told you don't belong every time they use women bathroom? Do you really think allowing them to share women's bathroom especially locker room so they can be yelled at is good for their mental health?

In addition to that, what about little girls and girls who just started puberty trying to use women's bathroom and locker room? Do you think in a civilized society we should just let them sharing personal space with people with penises in their gender segregated women’s bathrooms and locker rooms?

A man exposed himself to me when I was 5 in a public park. I still remember how that man made me feel. No, he did not touch me, he stood maybe 2 feet away from me, but I felt violated, humiliated, scared. A 5 year old should never feel that away. I grew up with two big brothers, I never saw their private parts by accident, not even once. This is the way it is supposed to be.

A woman said in another thread that the man exposed him to me and a trangender trying to use a lady's room are not the same. Well, I never said they were the same. But the bottom line here is that when a penis showed up in a place when it should not have showed up, it would make women and girls very comfortable. It's human nature.

Rules should not be changed. Having gender segregated bathrooms and locker rooms is all about respecting each other's boundaries. I dont care if they want to be called she her and if calling them women make them happy, I can even go ahead call them that. But they need to learn to respect women's boundaries.

Respect is a two way street. Activists should build bridges between biowomen and transwomen. But now it looks like these activists and their equally loud and obnoxious supporters just want women and girls to shut up.

They just want to be left alone. This is what they tell us. What do they even mean they just want to be left alone?! If normalizing the bulge in women's private spaces and dominating women's sports = be left alone, then sorry to say, they will never be left alone.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 05-24-2023 at 05:50 AM..

Old 05-24-2023, 05:39 AM

10,237 posts, read 6,326,286 times
What restroom does Chas Bono use? After all these years he certainly looks like a man today, beard and all.

Old 05-24-2023, 06:04 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
Are we including cross dressers here, or is it just those that have had the cut and tuck?
I read an article online says only 10 percent of them had bottom surgery, so overwhelming majority of them still have penises.

Old 05-24-2023, 06:08 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,757,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
If that is the case, rest assured it has been going on ever since bathrooms were first segregated. If you haven't heard of any incidents reported, everything is still normal.
Now it’s legal though, in most places. If you see a pervert in the women’s room, there is nothing you can do unless he’s doing something extremely blatant like actually raping someone.

Old 05-24-2023, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Now it’s legal though, in most places. If you see a pervert in the women’s room, there is nothing you can do unless he’s doing something extremely blatant like actually raping someone.
God forbid she only goes in there to pee without fear of sexual harassment in the men’s room.

Old 05-24-2023, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I read an article online says only 10 percent of them had bottom surgery, so overwhelming majority of them still have penises.
That’s because with the reconstructive surgery, it’s a two month process that costs better than $100,000 in the U.S. one of my friends had it done in Thailand three years ago, and even there it was over $30,000, but she did get a nice vacation while recuperating. She recommends the food in Bangkok if you like traveling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies