Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 05:03 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,097,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberta View Post
Sick-Sick-Sick-is what it is. Nothing riles me as much as trying to convince pro-abortionists that life is a great gift, and we shouldn't tamper with it. If you don't want it--give it away. Just give it a chance.
Yeah, add that poor child into the CSB system with the other 400,000 unwanteds. Have you adopted children before? Just curious. If you haven't, I'm going to ask you to refrain from passing along these poisonous ideas.

Bad enough you have a world overpopulated with an extra 4-5 billion people (depending on which anthropologists you talk to), but you want another unwanted child added to the heap.

Kill it! Kill it! No, seriously, take an intro to biological anthropology course before you even consider having an opinion that this 'thing' is a child.

Work to be smarter, my friend.

Old 06-09-2008, 05:09 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,644,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddy4LyF View Post
Yeah, add that poor child into the CSB system with the other 400,000 unwanteds. Have you adopted children before? Just curious. If you haven't, I'm going to ask you to refrain from passing along these poisonous ideas.

Bad enough you have a world overpopulated with an extra 4-5 billion people (depending on which anthropologists you talk to), but you want another unwanted child added to the heap.

Kill it! Kill it! No, seriously, take an intro to biological anthropology course before you even consider having an opinion that this 'thing' is a child.

Work to be smarter, my friend.
School out? I remember being in high school and then college thinking I was oh so clever....ah, those were the days

Oh, and you do realize that the context of this discussion is really second and third trimester abortions, and that thing is most assuredly a child. I had my child cremated after spending a day with her remains at the hospital. Eyelashes, fingernails, toenails, head, torso, brain, heart yep....she was a child not a thing. But hey --- I haven't taken a bio anthro class lately so what do I know?

Old 06-09-2008, 05:55 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,358,545 times
Some people just have very little respect for life, we treat animals better than we do an unborn child.

Old 06-09-2008, 06:28 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,097,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
School out? I remember being in high school and then college thinking I was oh so clever....ah, those were the days

Oh, and you do realize that the context of this discussion is really second and third trimester abortions, and that thing is most assuredly a child. I had my child cremated after spending a day with her remains at the hospital. Eyelashes, fingernails, toenails, head, torso, brain, heart yep....she was a child not a thing. But hey --- I haven't taken a bio anthro class lately so what do I know?

My comment wasn't a response to the actual OP, but to another poster which was in regards to abortion, in general.

I think that was pretty clear though, Camping.

In regards to your experience, there is no doubt that THAT would be a painful experience, however, that also wasn't what I was referring to (and you knew that), but I'm sure we can ALWAYS use more emotion in this debate! (rolls eyes)

Old 06-09-2008, 06:37 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,644,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddy4LyF View Post
My comment wasn't a response to the actual OP, but to another poster which was in regards to abortion, in general.

I think that was pretty clear though, Camping.

In regards to your experience, there is no doubt that THAT would be a painful experience, however, that also wasn't what I was referring to (and you knew that), but I'm sure we can ALWAYS use more emotion in this debate! (rolls eyes)
Yes because your original post was so clearly analytical and not emotional?

Most people who are prolife will recognize that there will always be abortion legal or not. Most people who are prolife while still believing it to be ending a life will admit that if it is going to be done, the earlier the better.

Most people who are pro choice will recognize that there is a certain level of moral ambiguity to abortion. Most people who are prochoice while still believing it to be a womans right will admit that if it is going to be done, the earlier the better.

So what does that say? That people are not platitudes. That people who have actually lived a few decades will learn a thing or two about life and their views shouldn't be shrugged off because they don't agree with you or your womans studies professor (or alternately your youth pastor).

I think everyone agrees abortion is a thing best done early and rarely. I would be more interested in a discussion that would bring the two halves of the debate together to figure out possible resolutions to the problem.

Old 06-09-2008, 07:05 PM

1,385 posts, read 3,007,526 times
Reproductive choices are not easy for a woman to make. I have no idea why these extremist anti-choicers think that when a woman has an abortion it's as easy to her as getting her nails clipped, it's not like that at all, it is a very difficult decision that will affect the rest of her life, so let her make it on her own.

Old 06-09-2008, 07:09 PM

2,935 posts, read 5,001,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roberta View Post
Aren't you glad that your Mother decided not to swat that parasite!
And that she decided to have sex, and not use a condom or contraceptive, etc. We could outlaw the practice of men having sex fewer than five times a day with fewer than four different people or of women being non-pregnant for more than three months at a time, just think of all the potential humans you could be depriving of a chance at life right now while you're sitting on your computer... they're crying out in bitter anger and probably turning to guns, god, and gays as a result, which could potentially shift the outcome of the upcoming election if these potential types were allowed to vote, probably should call up Justice Scalia and ask him to get busy on that.

Last edited by fishmonger; 06-09-2008 at 07:23 PM..

Old 06-09-2008, 07:23 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,412,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arod0331 View Post
Reproductive choices are not easy for a woman to make. I have no idea why these extremist anti-choicers think that when a woman has an abortion it's as easy to her as getting her nails clipped, it's not like that at all, it is a very difficult decision that will affect the rest of her life, so let her make it on her own.
I'd like to believe that. But the statistic used by "your side" on an earlier post indicates that many women have abortion after abortion after abortion.

Clearly it's not traumatic enough to prevent a repetition of the behavior.

Old 06-09-2008, 07:35 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,116,027 times
Semantics...pro-life or anti-life...pro-choice or anti-choice...

Clearly half of women that have an abortion have had one before...perhaps they should learn to keep their legs shut. I have been around many women who had abortions. They DID talk about it as if they were clipping their finger nails and went about on their merry way.

Back to the original post

There are clearly some people in this country who have no problem snuffing out the life of a baby that survived a second or third trimester abortion. Unfortunately, one of them is running for President. How callous.

Old 06-09-2008, 07:43 PM

335 posts, read 1,029,188 times
I have not read past the first initial post.
IMHO? These are flukes and the woman is at fault. Being in the medical field I can state with confidence that this is the a reason that follow up visits are made! In order to determine that that termination was successful since in the paperwork given it states that the patient needs to follow up with her respective doctor in order to ensure that the procedure was done correctly in order to stop these types of issues (in bold print it states serious birth defects can occur)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies