Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 12:01 AM

646 posts, read 1,639,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
I love pissin off the gays

you guys are a hoot

Acutally we are not all gay. Not that their is anything wrong with it. I just feel that all people need to stand up against ignorant, radical, christian fundamentalists like yourself. We need to protect America from people like you. You are dangerous to freedom and democracy. You are exactly what is wrong with this country and why we've had such problems these past 8 years. People like yourself who don't know right from left have been running things and its time we put a stop to it. Hatred, bigotry, racism, sexism, all these things are tools from the past which is where you seem to live. God forgive him, for he knows not what he do.

Old 07-30-2008, 12:04 AM

90 posts, read 179,604 times
Quote:

you guys are a hoot
Nah, I'm not pissed off. You're entitled to your views like anyone else.

I just don't personally think you make sense.

But hey, to each their own ... arguing with people who are against equal rights for all, is like trying to have an intelligent conversation with someone who is drunk.

I bet that if someone decided to make it a law where you couldn't collect a certain benefit from your significant other, whether you were married or having a domestic partnership for years, you'd be singing a different tune and you'd feel rightfully discriminated against.

It's unfortunate that it's people like yourself that are the epitome of what is wrong with our country. Selective discrimination is hypocrisy at it's finest.

Congratulations - you performed that one well.

Old 07-30-2008, 12:08 AM

2,260 posts, read 3,882,143 times
Notice the last two posts by punky and winky attacking the messenger. I'd like to point out the projection in their rants as they ascribe to me characteristics that are their own.

You are the intolerants full of hate and hypocracy

g'nite

Old 07-30-2008, 12:16 AM

90 posts, read 179,604 times
Quote:
Notice the last two posts by punky and winky attacking the messenger. I'd like to point out the projection in their rants as they ascribe to me characteristics that are their own.

You are the intolerants full of hate and hypocracy

g'nite
Saying that you basically perform selective discrimination is not about hate or hypocrisy.

I'm sorry you feel that I hate you or that I attacked you. Hate is not in my vocabulary. I also subscribe to the belief that "hate is not a family value."

I asked you questions because I was trying to understand your train of thought .. which clearly had me concluding, based on your responses, that discrimination towards certain people is part of YOUR vocabulary. If I have misunderstood, all you had to do was correct me. Instead, you continued to reinforce your selective discrimination stance.

I wouldn't dream of supporting a law that would deny YOU anything you might be entitled to, based on who YOU love.

Different strokes ... and a happy g'night to you as well.

Old 07-30-2008, 12:18 AM

6,025 posts, read 15,349,447 times
Quote:

you guys are a hoot
I'm not gay, but I ain't pissed off. being pissed off at people like you is like being pissed off at a dog that pees on the couch: you get upset, but you can't be too made at the poor ignorant dumb creature who just wasn't taught any better! (I keed! I keed! sort of...)

I would think the kids living in gov't supported foster homes and orphanages, the single moms on welfare and Medicare, and the illegal immigrants multiplying like rabbits here in the US would be a bigger drain on the system then a loving couple looking for equal rights. anyways, at least in the short term, MA is going to experience a small financial windfall from all the wedding business. something similar is already happening in CA. a lot of married gays adopt, a lot of them are DINKS that contribute to the community w/o taking much away from it. don't see where the big financial drain is coming from up until last year, I lived in Boston and didn't notice in my paychecks any part of my wage going to "gay coupling costs" or anything foolish like that. didn't affect me one bit (OK, well, actually it did, I worked at a place, right in Boston's major gay neighborhood, and made got a huge bonus when a gay couple got married and bought their flowers and cakes through us! so they made me some extra $$$!)

Old 07-30-2008, 12:49 AM

2,743 posts, read 14,297,796 times
Quote:
Sure there is. homos that marry will claim rights and benefits that will be paid for by the rest of us. I dont care what you do with your partners anis behind closed doors.

butt

If its going to cost me one dime I will be voting such issues and politicians that support these issues down
Gosh, bryan, a bit of a FANNY focus there or something? And by the way, it's anus.

Old 07-30-2008, 12:53 AM

Quote:
These benefits were put in place so mothers who raised families would be protected in the event of the death of the bread winner.

So would it be okay in your book if lesbians married gay guys yet never lived with them or anything else, and continued life with their same sex partners, just so there was the ability to collect SS later on and those benefits didn't 'go to waste'?

Old 07-30-2008, 12:56 AM

Quote:
LOL, dont try the red herring of an old immigration law that has nothing to do with the discussion at hand
Immigration??

Old 07-30-2008, 04:31 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,290,027 times
Quote:
Sure there is. homos that marry will claim rights and benefits that will be paid for by the rest of us. I dont care what you do with your partners anis behind closed doors.

butt

If its going to cost me one dime I will be voting such issues and politicians that support these issues down
Are you a 12 year old?
I guess gays should all be able to stop paying taxes then.
So should I!
I’m not married & have no kids.
Oh yeah, and I'm straight.

Old 07-30-2008, 06:38 AM

3,326 posts, read 5,342,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwflconch View Post
not good

If your objective and take relegion out of it .
Who cares if gays get married its as important as if your neighbors eat peas or carrots.

In other words wont affect anyone's life in the SLIGHTEST and either we have seperation of Church and state or we dont.

You cant say one group cant get married because they are "different" what business is it of anyone's else .

Gay marriage is a civil rights issue and they should be allowed to get married . Gay marriage will not hurt a soul and wont cost a penny .

Lets not go overseas to fight the Taliban only to turn around here and impose relegion on others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies