Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 01:53 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,173,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
I guess where we differ is what is a fundemental right
Two married couples should not be treated differently. If they can both be married, then they can both be given all the Rites to Passage of being married.

We can't tell one that all is well because they are white, then tell the other to sit on it and rotate because they happen to be black.

Just as we cannot tell one that all is well because they are male and female, then tell the other to sit on it and rotate because they are both girls or both guys.

If they're married, then they're married.

No Ifs, Ands, or Butts.

Though, I wonder why homosexuality is such a horrible thing to begin with.

((For the record, marriage is overrated. I would not love my husband any less if our "marriage" was just called a Civil Union.. CIVIL UNIONS FOR ALL ADULTS! YEA!))

Old 07-30-2008, 01:54 PM

646 posts, read 1,639,859 times
Quote:
Gays are not discriminated against, what you want are special interests. Blacks aren"t only discriminated against they were subjugated and enslaved.

quitcherbitchin

Laws which give certain people rights and deny others those very same rights is the exact definition of discrimination. You need to look in the mirror and do some serious soul searching. You have never provided a reason to deny gays their rights other than " the bible told me so"

Old 07-30-2008, 01:55 PM

2,260 posts, read 3,882,143 times
No comparison

They are not being denied any rights. What they want is more rights than the rest of us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
Gays ARE discriminated against. By denying them the rights to marry their spouse, that is discrimination. They're not asking for any extra rights, just to be EQUAL.

Kinda like what blacks were doing back in the 60's. Which is what the comparision between the gay plight and the black plight is.

Old 07-30-2008, 01:56 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,173,018 times
Quote:
No comparison

They are not being denied any rights. What they want is more rights than the rest of us
I'm calling the BS card. All gays want are to be looked at without this type of condescending speech being thrown in their direction.

And there's nothing wrong with homosexuality in my bible. Who's bible is more valid?

Old 07-30-2008, 01:59 PM

Quote:
No comparison

You're not making any sense at all??? How could they want more rights?? They want the same rights that you have.

Straights have the rights to marry

Gays do not.

Gays want the right to marry.

EQUAL RIGHTS!!! How are they wanting more rights?????

Is your head hurting?

Old 07-30-2008, 02:00 PM

Yes we can, we do and will continue to do so. You may not like it but its the reality today.

Two married couples will not be treated differently because in this country only a man and woman can be married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuharai View Post
Two married couples should not be treated differently. If they can both be married, then they can both be given all the Rites to Passage of being married.

We can't tell one that all is well because they are white, then tell the other to sit on it and rotate because they happen to be black.

Just as we cannot tell one that all is well because they are male and female, then tell the other to sit on it and rotate because they are both girls or both guys.

If they're married, then they're married.

No Ifs, Ands, or Butts.

Though, I wonder why homosexuality is such a horrible thing to begin with.

((For the record, marriage is overrated. I would not love my husband any less if our "marriage" was just called a Civil Union.. CIVIL UNIONS FOR ALL ADULTS! YEA!))

Old 07-30-2008, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Yes we can, we do and will continue to do so. You may not like it but its the reality today.

Two married couples will not be treated differently because in this country only a man and woman can be married

Thanks for admitting you are a hateful and bigoted person. Congratulations. You are like the KKK for gay people.

Old 07-30-2008, 02:01 PM

Your a liar. There is not a religious component to my position

You are a liar

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrocker27ka View Post
Laws which give certain people rights and deny others those very same rights is the exact definition of discrimination. You need to look in the mirror and do some serious soul searching. You have never provided a reason to deny gays their rights other than " the bible told me so"

Old 07-30-2008, 02:02 PM

Quote:
your a liar. There is not a religious component to my position

you are a liar

you have failed to provide any explanation for denying them their rights?????? What is the reason to do so????? Just because you don"t like them? Is that really the only reason you have??? You are a joke.

Old 07-30-2008, 02:02 PM

I explained this to you ad nauseum in another thread last night. Are you really that dense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrocker27ka View Post
You're not making any sense at all??? How could they want more rights?? They want the same rights that you have.

Straights have the rights to marry

Gays do not.

Gays want the right to marry.

EQUAL RIGHTS!!! How are they wanting more rights?????

Is your head hurting?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies