Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 02:04 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,164,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
Two married couples will not be treated differently because in this country only a man and woman can be married
Wrong. ((Do a google search on same-sex marriage in california))

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61
There is not a religious component to my position
Then please explain why two people of the same gender should have their love treated differently than my husband and myself?? So instead of just saing how you don't like it, explain your reasoning.

Or I should reckon the city of trolls is missing another of their population.

Old 07-30-2008, 02:04 PM

90 posts, read 179,486 times
We can all debate this until the cows come home, but obviously Bryan is set in his ways and prefers to view life through a very narrow lens. That is his right and his choice.

I will agree with many of the other posters here that Bryan has yet to make a legitimate or reasonable argument for why he is against gay marriage.

Bryan, I challenge you to read the following article in its entirety and then return here and actually give a reasonable, logical, and intelligent point by point response that defends your position. This article is 10 years old but I believe it has stood the test of time.

Gay Marriage: The Argument and the Motives

As time has passed by, more and more people polled on this issue, have come to accept that this is a civil rights issue and not a religious one. More and more people have contact with gay people and have realized they are really no different than anyone else aspiring to the same goals and dreams in life.

Step up Bryan ... please shower us with your reason, your logic, and your brilliance on why certain classifications of people should be legally excluded from the same rights and privileges you take for granted.

Thank you.

Old 07-30-2008, 02:05 PM

2,260 posts, read 3,880,345 times
I dont dislike anyone (although you are testing my patience). Marriage is between a man and a woman, gays are not denied any rights by not being allowed to marry

Especially fundemental rights

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrocker27ka View Post
you have failed to provide any explanation for denying them their rights?????? What is the reason to do so????? Just because you don"t like them? Is that really the only reason you have??? You are a joke.

9,249 posts, read 26,685,553 times
Gays have the same rights as everyone else. They can go to the grocery store, own a house, drive a car, have pets, go clubbing, eat out, brush their hair and teeth, have lawyers, be lawyers....I don't know, a myriad of things. The only difference between a gay person and a straight person is what they do in private and who they do it with. Why do they need everything seperate and segregated and "gay" like gay laundomats, gay buses, gay hotels. The ONLY thing that I can possibly agree with is some sort of law in place where their partners can inherit property or for insurance reasons. Having a lesbian cousin with a longtime partner, I would rather her partner be able to inherit any of her things than have all her stuff sold at an auction or something, or for them to be able to take basic care of each other.

646 posts, read 1,639,158 times
Quote:
I explained this to you ad nauseum in another thread last night. Are you really that dense.

You're lying! You have never expalined any reason why to deny gay people their rights. None at all. I've read all your posts so don't lie anymore. Please tells us the reason behind our hatred and bigotry, Im sure its a doozie!

Old 07-30-2008, 02:06 PM

2,260 posts, read 3,880,345 times
Because there is no possiblility of you and your gay partner biologically having a family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuharai View Post
Wrong. ((Do a google search on same-sex marriage in california))

Then please explain why two people of the same gender should have their love treated differently than my husband and myself?? So instead of just saing how you don't like it, explain your reasoning.

Or I should reckon the city of trolls is missing another of their population.

Old 07-30-2008, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
Gays have the same rights as everyone else. They can go to the grocery store, own a house, drive a car, have pets, go clubbing, eat out, brush their hair and teeth, have lawyers, be lawyers....I don't know, a myriad of things. The only difference between a gay person and a straight person is what they do in private and who they do it with. Why do they need everything seperate and segregated and "gay" like gay laundomats, gay buses, gay hotels. The ONLY thing that I can possibly agree with is some sort of law in place where their partners can inherit property or for insurance reasons. Having a lesbian cousin with a longtime partner, I would rather her partner be able to inherit any of her things than have all her stuff sold at an auction or something, or for them to be able to take basic care of each other.

You would stick together too with similar people because you have strength in numbers and when you are fighting for rights it is important.

Old 07-30-2008, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Because there is no possiblility of you and your gay partner biologically having a family

So straight couples who dont have any possibility of having kids because they are infertile should not be allowed to marry. Is that right Bryan? Man you are really pathetic.

Old 07-30-2008, 02:10 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,164,623 times
Quote:
I dont dislike anyone (although you are testing my patience). Marriage is between a man and a woman, gays are not denied any rights by not being allowed to marry

Especially fundemental rights
There are certain privileges that are bestowed upon married couples (tax breaks, insurance for spouse, death benefits, etc). I think homosexuals as well as heterosexuals should get the same benefits.

And... who said that marriage was between a man and a woman? Who dictated this.. and what did it get based off of?

Old 07-30-2008, 02:10 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times
Quote:
Gays are not discriminated against, what you want are special interests. Blacks aren"t only discriminated against they were subjugated and enslaved.

quitcherbitchin
So now marriage is a special interest that is denied? Has your special interest been denied?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies