Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 02:13 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,957,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
Gay marriage is not destroying the sanctity of marriage. If so, then the sanctity of marriage was being destroyed for thousands of years now, what with other cultures practicing gay marriage.
Not that I contest, but could you show me what cultures practiced gay marriage? You know this to be a fact don't you? Surely you could provide a few examples where gay marriage as a state institution was openly accepted and condoned?

Old 07-30-2008, 02:14 PM

2,260 posts, read 3,882,428 times
I guess I shouldnt be surprised

you are dense

One more time

Gays should not be allowed to marry because it entitles them to benefits intended for children and families. There are many social programs, SS, medicaire, medicaide Insurance, pensions, etc... where benefits are decided based on marriage. Gays already particpate in these benefits and allowing them to legally marry will give them more access than the rest of us

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrocker27ka View Post
You're lying! You have never expalined any reason why to deny gay people their rights. None at all. I've read all your posts so don't lie anymore. Please tells us the reason behind our hatred and bigotry, Im sure its a doozie!

Old 07-30-2008, 02:15 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,571,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
No comparison

They are not being denied any rights. What they want is more rights than the rest of us
So wanting to get married is a right that heterosexuals don't have? You're not even making sense.

Old 07-30-2008, 02:15 PM

I didnt say that. I say marriage is between a man and woman

**** if you cant make a resonable argument

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrocker27ka View Post
So straight couples who dont have any possibility of having kids because they are infertile should not be allowed to marry. Is that right Bryan? Man you are really pathetic.

Old 07-30-2008, 02:16 PM

646 posts, read 1,639,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Not that I contest, but could you show me what cultures practiced gay marriage? You know this to be a fact don't you? Surely you could provide a few examples where gay marriage as a state institution was openly accepted and condoned?

Have you ever heard of Ancient Greece? Everybody was gay!

Old 07-30-2008, 02:17 PM

Im willing to debate what a gay partner might be entitled to. I am not willing to just throw the door open without evaluating the financial consequences of such an action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuharai View Post
There are certain privileges that are bestowed upon married couples (tax breaks, insurance for spouse, death benefits, etc). I think homosexuals as well as heterosexuals should get the same benefits.

And... who said that marriage was between a man and a woman? Who dictated this.. and what did it get based off of?

Old 07-30-2008, 02:18 PM

646 posts, read 1,639,966 times
Quote:

you are dense

One more time

Gays should not be allowed to marry because it entitles them to benefits intended for children and families. There are many social programs, SS, medicaire, medicaide Insurance, pensions, etc... where benefits are decided based on marriage. Gays already particpate in these benefits and allowing them to legally marry will give them more access than the rest of us

So why are married couples who dont' have kids or families guaranteed all those rights which are "intended for children and families" The same reason you are denying gays these rights?

Edit: Yeah I didn't think you could B.S. your way out of that. one. Ha

Old 07-30-2008, 02:21 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,571,018 times
Quote:

you are dense

One more time

Again, weak weak weak. Explain to us how this gives them more access than everyone else?

Old 07-30-2008, 02:21 PM

I dont believe marrying is a right. I believe access to to resources is a right. I dont think gays are denied rights by not being allowed to marry. I believe allowing them a legal union will give them access to resources to which they are not entitled

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
So wanting to get married is a right that heterosexuals don't have? You're not even making sense.

Old 07-30-2008, 02:23 PM

Explain it to you for what, the 4th or 5th time

duh

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Again, weak weak weak. Explain to us how this gives them more access than everyone else?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies