Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 03:30 PM

42,554 posts, read 87,003,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Stopped caring when he saw them dancing on Sept 11 2001
Americans danced in the streets when Shock and Awe started. What's the difference? Americans danced in the streets when a hundred or so planted Iranian Shi'ites were goaded by US troops into pulling down the statue of Saddam for the news cameras.

Old 12-05-2008, 03:37 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,952,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Americans danced in the streets when Shock and Awe started. What's the difference? Americans danced in the streets when a hundred or so planted Iranian Shi'ites were goaded by US troops into pulling down the statue of Saddam for the news cameras.
Odd. I saw no dancing in the streets.

Old 12-05-2008, 03:48 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peachytree View Post
Um, don't you have that backwards? How can Gaza be the launching pad? If you study the history of the region, you'd find that it has always been Israel that has been the aggressor and continually expanding itself at the expense of Palestine. Funny how Israel, nuclear power, all the US tech toys, has Gaza on blockade, etc. is considered the victim in this scenario.

Bush was whining about freedom, democracy, etc. and then Palestine has an open election, and then the Israel/US axis doesn't like the results.

Whatever. The USA will never solve the War on Terror until is divorces itself from the Israeli apartheid state that is a major source of our problems. That coupled with fighting back the liberals at home on our immigration laws, soon Muslims will vastly increase in number here, and we'll have the conflict the UK and France have.
elections are good. thugs are not. bush does not oppose palistine, the world community does. the palistine leaders have already said they have no power or control of the extremists that rove unapposed in palistine.
i know its clear to you who is the bad guy but the deal was land for peace. who is launching the missiles and from where.
that is the question. the US has no friends in the mideast but israel.
i think we need every friend we can get. lets talk about this, do you think blowing up nyc was a good idea i mean after 1/4 million dead in bagdad?
trying to pick americas friends for her is not a good idea. its lady's choice friend. when behavior in the mideast changes americas friends will change.

Old 12-05-2008, 04:01 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,224,933 times
Quote:
1) India has a Muslim population. Until very recently, and only thanks to liberal-minded utopians, and those hell-bent on changing the demographics of America/West, the United States never had a sizeable Muslim population. Now it does, it's increasing, will increase under an amnesty, birthright citizenship, etc. and we'll have more conflict, not less. Plus, like in the UK and France, Jews will feel more uneasy than even the Western Christian population. The USA never had a Muslim problem, and now we do, thanks to Israel, and liberals (on immigration).

2) Israel has been compared to South Africa by none other than Nobel Prize winner Archbishop Desmond Tutu. I suppose he has little understanding? I'll be very, very charitable in stopping with just that one example.

NewtoCa: Would you support Israel-style immigration policy for the USA and the European countries? or is Israel alone allowed to control its citizenship?

Sorry you find Israel's existence to be personally inconvenient, should they just disappear (rhetorical question for your sake)?

Israel is pretty small, and not comparable to the USA. I realize that giving back the preponderance of the West Bank and Gaza isn't sufficient for you, they need to give back Israel too. However, take a look at their size (area in sq km) in comparison to the "neighbors" and explain why they can't coexist:

Israel - 20,770
Jordan - 92,300
Egypt - 1,001,450
Syria - 185,180
Lebanon - 10,400

And just for giggles, 'cause I know how important being fair is to you, let's toss in a few nearby areas too:

Iraq - 437,072
Iran - 1,648,000
Saudi Arabia - 2,149,690

Now, add in the fact that Israel swapped land for peace with Egypt's Sadat, and it worked:

In the 1970s Sadat kept his eye on a single goal: the betterment of Egypt’s national interest. He displayed vision and courage. He confronted a superior military opponent in Israel, whose leaders mistrusted his every action. Despite immense physical and psychological constraints, he led by the force of his will. In doing so, he rearranged political constellations, created new realities, and overturned long-held political suppositions. Whenever the political process stagnated, Sadat rejuvenated it. He persevered over profound Arab opposition to any recognition of or negotiation with the Jewish state. He willingly turned Egypt away from Moscow, expelling Soviet advisers from Egypt in 1972. He gradually aligned Egypt with the United States, presenting Washington with one of its greatest successes in the cold war.

Recalibrations: Arafat Is No Sadat

Oh yeah, they also had a deal with Arafat, but the Palestinians just couldn't get their act together.

Mideast Accord; Arafat Wins Approval of Fatah For Peace Agreement With Israel - New York Times

And finally, Gaza elects Hamas as their representative party, a move certainly to "help increase cooperation and understanding" (BTW, the following is not copyright protected, so the long quote is OK):

Article Thirty-Two: The Attempts to Isolate the Palestinian People

World Zionism and Imperialist forces have been attempting, with smart moves and considered planning, to push the Arab countries, one after another, out of the circle of conflict with Zionism, in order, ultimately, to isolate the Palestinian People. Egypt has already been cast out of the conflict, to a very great extent through the treacherous Camp David Accords, and she has been trying to drag other countries into similar agreements in order to push them out of the circle of conflict. Hamas is calling upon the Arab and Islamic peoples to act seriously and tirelessly in order to frustrate that dreadful scheme and to make the masses aware of the danger of coping out of the circle of struggle with Zionism. Today it is Palestine and tomorrow it may be another country or other countries. For Zionist scheming has no end, and after Palestine they will covet expansion from the Nile to the Euphrates. Only when they have completed digesting the area on which they will have laid their hand, they will look forward to more expansion, etc. Their scheme has been laid out in the Protocols of the Elders of Zion, and their present [conduct] is the best proof of what is said there. Leaving the circle of conflict with Israel is a major act of treason and it will bring curse on its perpetrators. “Who so on that day turns his back to them, unless maneuvering for battle or intent to join a company, he truly has incurred wrath from Allah, and his habitation will be hell, a hapless journey’s end.” Sura 8 (al-Anfal—Spoils of War), verse 16 We have no escape from pooling together all the forces and energies to face this despicable Nazi-Tatar invasion. Otherwise we shall witness the loss of [our] countries, the uprooting of their inhabitants, the spreading of corruption on earth and the destruction of all religious values. Let everyone realize that he is accountable to Allah. “Whoever does a speck of good will bear [the consequences] and whoever does a speck of evil will see [the consequences].” Within the circle of the conflict with world Zionism, the Hamas regards itself the spearhead and the avant-garde. It joins its efforts to all those who are active on the Palestinian scene, but more steps need to be taken by the Arab and Islamic peoples and Islamic associations throughout the Arab and Islamic world in order to make possible the next round with the Jews, the merchants of war. “We have cast among them enmity and hatred till the day of Resurrection. As often as they light a fire for war, Allah extinguishes it. Their effort is for corruption in the land, and Allah loves not corrupters.” Sura V (Al-Ma’idah—the Table spread), verse 64.

Palestine Center - The Charter of the Hamas

Old 12-05-2008, 04:06 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,610,917 times
To the OP: it's a good thing Israel doesn't border on Zimbabwe, otherwise you'd probably be blaming the horrible situation in that country on her, too.

Old 12-05-2008, 04:28 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,559,850 times
Quote:
1) India has a Muslim population. Until very recently, and only thanks to liberal-minded utopians, and those hell-bent on changing the demographics of America/West, the United States never had a sizeable Muslim population. Now it does, it's increasing, will increase under an amnesty, birthright citizenship, etc. and we'll have more conflict, not less. Plus, like in the UK and France, Jews will feel more uneasy than even the Western Christian population. The USA never had a Muslim problem, and now we do, thanks to Israel, and liberals (on immigration).
I see....so if we DON'T HAVE ANY MUSLIMS, then we don't have any Muslim problem.....but once the liberals "bring 'em over HERE", then they ARE a problem. Good reasoning. No muslims. no Muslim problem. Wish you'd have been around before we imported the REST of our problems...we might have done things differently....no Mafia, no Catholics, none of that 'racist' stuff. No Indians, either, except for the 'native' kind....and we pretty well took care of THAT problem, too.

But neither you nor I can speak for Israel. For them, 'The Muslims' are ALREADY a problem...there's no "Bringin' 'em in", they're THERE, already. So perhaps Israel MAY not be able to "prevent their Muslim problem" the way you suggest we can prevent ours.

World's largest concentration camp? My vote would go to North Korea. They've got a "Commie Problem", and boy are they regretting letting THOSE guys in!

Old 12-05-2008, 06:53 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,641,953 times
Quote:
What bizzaro world do you live in? It certainly could not be in the US, as there were no dancing in the streets at the start of either war.

Well, I do take that back......I recall Americans of Kuwaiti background were celebrating the start of shock and awe. Maybe because their families back in Kuwait were being liberated. (you do recall that gulf war I was in response to our ally - Kuwait- being invaded by Iraq?). But I do not recall non Kuwaiti US citizens dancing in the streets.
As to the invasion of Iraq -- again, it was Americans of Iraqi descent who were happy about it, not the average American who was not of Iraqi descent.

Old 12-05-2008, 06:56 PM

488 posts, read 1,176,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Odd. I saw no dancing in the streets.
I saw no dancing in the streets either.

But, when the twin towers fell I saw a lot of dancing in the streets in some of the middle easten countries.

OK, OK, I know. That was President Bush manipulating the media.

Old 12-06-2008, 01:13 PM

1,949 posts, read 5,263,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Machts nichts to me....... I guess the Jews learned it's better to run the camp then be in it. They just need to come up with a final soluation
intersting that you bring this up. as it relates to the holocaust and the creation of Isreal:

Germany, a white, European country committed this horrible attrocity. and the Arab people paid for it with their land.

Old 12-06-2008, 01:15 PM

1,949 posts, read 5,263,571 times
Quote:
you go too far, friend. i dont think anybody was dancing in the streets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies