Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 10:34 AM

138 posts, read 196,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
The point is that the people have been trying to wipe out the Jews from the begining of time.
Why is that?

Old 12-08-2008, 10:40 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,730,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagKm View Post
Why is that?
What do mean??? It's about religion muslim vs jew vs whoever else you want to pick. Everyone wants this to be a racial thing. It's about God. sad but there it is. People have been killing each other for ever over it.......

Old 12-09-2008, 06:24 AM

2,600 posts, read 2,325,119 times
You said it, (if) and that's a big word to a palestinian. if only they would choose peace, over killing.
frankly, I don't care how many palestinians are killed by jews, there is never total peace without total victory, meaning, the palestinians need to be whipped totally.
you realize this is a religious (culture) war right?
there were concessions made when carter was president, the plo would have received land back to the 1967 level, but declined peace because, they want israel wiped off the map.
see, the palestinians don't want peace, this is why they teach their children to hate and kill jews. can't believe someone is sympathetic to this point of view. danced in the streets on 9/11, they hate americans too. why show any compasion for death mongers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpgordon1 View Post
Israel kills Palestinians at a rate ten times the reverse.

I'm also quite sure that if Palestine had F-16s, US cluster bombs, night-vision scopes, and pilotless drones, etc. they wouldn't resort to suicide missions.

Old 12-09-2008, 08:43 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,196,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesertmutz View Post
You said it, (if) and that's a big word to a palestinian. if only they would choose peace, over killing.
frankly, I don't care how many palestinians are killed by jews, there is never total peace without total victory, meaning, the palestinians need to be whipped totally.
there were concessions made when carter was president, the plo would have received land back to the 1967 level, but declined peace because, they want israel wiped off the map.
see, the palestinians don't want peace, this is why they teach their children to hate and kill jews. can't believe someone is sympathetic to this point of view. danced in the streets on 9/11, they hate americans too. why show any compasion for death mongers?

You mean like this little adorable Israeli girl signing an American made bomb to be dropped by an American made plane that says, "With love" on those brown skinned hate teaching animals?
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/4...580x435ms5.jpg

I care, not because they are Palestinian or Israeli, or Jew or Muslim or even Christian, but because they are human beings. I care because in this case it is American bombs being dropped from American planes to which someone will have to dig out a piece of metal from a broken body that says, "Made in the USA" on it. Have we all forgotten what it felt like, the anger and the hatred most experienced when radical fundamentalist nutjobs flew planes into our buildings? Are we so stupid and ignorant to think that this same feeling of hatred and anger won't be experienced by the other guy when they pull that piece of American made steel out of a child?

Its bad enough that man is little more than a primitive, savage and barbaric hairless monkey with more testosterone than brains, but add religious ideologies and more than a few generations of being taught to hate and dehumanize anyone who is not like you, and you get what you get.

Old 12-09-2008, 09:14 AM

896 posts, read 1,865,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
No doubt and lets not forget the use of human shields too!
A picture is worth a thousand words?

(click on the thumbnail to view the larger picture)
Attached Thumbnails
Is Gaza the world's largest concentration camp?-palestinian-kid.jpg  

Old 12-09-2008, 09:16 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,224,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesertmutz View Post
Unfortunately it appears that you are correct.

I always get a kick out of those folks who gloss over all of the bombs tossed over from Gaza, and how the Gaza Palestinians fail to ever focus on building a constructive society or processes for education (except rock and bomb tossing).

Fortunately, US foreign policy decisionmakers understand this problem accurately, and have kept it in mind when making decisions concerning the Middle East. Looking at the Brookings paper, it appears that the Obama foreign policy group may be following a pragmatic approach to the area that acknowledges this reality in a more proactive constructive approach.

It will be interesting to see the details of their proposals, after all the paper was much more extensive (and appropriately so) than just the Palestinian and Israeli issue. Perhaps his group will find a way to make some long term progress in the entire region, I certainly hope so!

Old 12-09-2008, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Unfortunately it appears that you are correct.

I always get a kick out of those folks who gloss over all of the bombs tossed over from Gaza, and how the Gaza Palestinians fail to ever focus on building a constructive society or processes for education (except rock and bomb tossing).

Fortunately, US foreign policy decisionmakers understand this problem accurately, and have kept it in mind when making decisions concerning the Middle East.
Yes, we get it, Palestinian=bad, Israeli=good. This is American foreign policy towards this conflict... period.

Makes me all warm and fuzzy to know my government supports the collective punishment of an entire group of people because they happen to be born in a given location. Some might call this genocide or ethnic cleansing while others will call this reason to celebrate, since it is those brown skinned, uncivilized evil doers, we will write our protest on the back of the next welfare check we send to Israel.

Old 12-09-2008, 10:07 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,224,933 times
Quote:
Yes, we get it, Palestinian=bad, Israeli=good. This is American foreign policy towards this conflict... period.

Makes me all warm and fuzzy to know my government supports the collective punishment of an entire group of people because they happen to be born in a given location. Some might call this genocide or ethnic cleansing while others will call this reason to celebrate, since it is those brown skinned, uncivilized evil doers, we will write our protest on the back of the next welfare check we send to Israel.
The Bush administration is leaving in another month, you can quit beating your drum about current directions. Constructive engagement will likely be the new direction, though I am certain that you will continue to be unhappy with the ongoing support of Israel, though the financial arrangements may ultimately be altered.

The Obama team will likely be backing a process proposed by Brookings, as I had stated in another thread. It hardly has the predisposition stated in your posting:

http://www.brookings.edu/projects/sa..._summaries.pdf

Old 12-09-2008, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
The Bush administration is leaving in another month, you can quit beating your drum about current directions. Constructive engagement will likely be the new direction, though I am certain that you will continue to be unhappy with the ongoing support of Israel, though the financial arrangements may ultimately be altered.

The Obama team will likely be backing a process proposed by Brookings, as I had stated in another thread. It hardly has the predisposition stated in your posting:

http://www.brookings.edu/projects/sa..._summaries.pdf
This entire white paper proposal hinges on one notable thing, whether Israel will end up with a two state solution or a single state solution as proposed. Considering Israel's own charter that states, "Israel is to be a Jewish only" state, there will be some difficulties with this. Additionally, as a single state solution, Palestinian birth rates far exceed those of the Israeli's and in time, they will hold a majority in Israel. Israel will never let this happen.

The two state solution would involve the return of at least a large portion of the occupied territories that are currently settled by Israeli's illegally. To which I'm sure the United States tax payer will once again pay for the relocation cost if they actually give up the land. This of course will also entail the United States tax payer paying the bill for moving or removing the "wall", yet again.

So the question then becomes, will the Obama administration actually hold both the Palestinians AND the Israeli's feet to the fire with some semblance of equality that will satisfy two peoples who refuse to be satisfied by anything but the complete annihilation of the other? Secretary of State elect Clinton has already made her feelings known as to where her feet fall.

I hope I'm wrong, totally wrong, but I just don't see Obama having the stones to make this happen.

One thing I did take note of in this paper is that it never once mentioned Israel's nuclear arsenal. Any nation in possession of nuclear weapons that does not sign the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty is disqualified from receiving US foreign aid. As long as the US continues to deny the existence of what the whole world knows is there, this issue will continue to be a problem.

One very positive thing I did see however was the suggestion of placing third party forces such as NATO or the UN in place to mediate tensions. This was something I have suggested numerous times in the past and would most certainly cut down on the countless, "suspected, alleged, and possible" attacks by terrorist and settlers alike.

Old 12-09-2008, 01:16 PM

2,600 posts, read 2,325,119 times
where would you suggest israel purchase weapons to defend themselves from? russia? iran? china?
Quote:
You mean like this little adorable Israeli girl signing an American made bomb to be dropped by an American made plane that says, "With love" on those brown skinned hate teaching animals?
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/4...580x435ms5.jpg

I care, not because they are Palestinian or Israeli, or Jew or Muslim or even Christian, but because they are human beings. I care because in this case it is American bombs being dropped from American planes to which someone will have to dig out a piece of metal from a broken body that says, "Made in the USA" on it. Have we all forgotten what it felt like, the anger and the hatred most experienced when radical fundamentalist nutjobs flew planes into our buildings? Are we so stupid and ignorant to think that this same feeling of hatred and anger won't be experienced by the other guy when they pull that piece of American made steel out of a child?

Its bad enough that man is little more than a primitive, savage and barbaric hairless monkey with more testosterone than brains, but add religious ideologies and more than a few generations of being taught to hate and dehumanize anyone who is not like you, and you get what you get.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies