Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 02:55 PM

2,600 posts, read 2,325,503 times

Advertisements

here are the facts, and this isn't wikipedia junk either.
https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat...k/geos/is.html

Old 12-09-2008, 03:05 PM

2,600 posts, read 2,325,503 times
what's disturbing is that the palestinians even agreed to the 1948 UN Partition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
That's right blame the jews. The Muslims are nothing but victims in all this.
For over a thousand years jews were ghetto-ized in Europe then they were victims of a genocide in which 6 million of their friends and family were exterminated.
They finally get a tiny country of their own and what do people like you do? You side with the morons who classify them as swine and have dedicated themselves to "Wiping the stain of Jewry from the planet".

The Palestinians were given the same offer as the Zionists. They were offered their own nation which would have coexisted right alongside Israel.
On the advice of all the other Arab nations, they refused.
Where are all those Arab nations now?

Old 12-09-2008, 03:10 PM

138 posts, read 196,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Yeah, and the Holocaust was our fault too, right? Obviously we were asking for it, and deserved the mass genocide and expulsions/pogroms.

Sorry, but no matter how you justify it, NOBODY deserves or "asks for" the oppression we have experienced... we're no more responsible for our hardships than African-Americans were responsible for their enslavement. Or maybe you think they deserved that too? I don't know why the Jews have been hated for centuries, but we have - and you are only adding to it.
Nobody said you asked for it.

But kindly stop scapegoating others, over and over, century after century, continent after continent, for what seems to be a recurring problem that no other people has (except for maybe the Gypsies).

How am I adding to anything? By discussing history in a rational manner?

Old 12-09-2008, 03:17 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,958,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagKm View Post
Nobody said you asked for it.

But kindly stop scapegoating others, over and over, century after century, continent after continent, for what seems to be a recurring problem that no other people has (except for maybe the Gypsies).
Doesn't matter how many times it happened, that still doesn't make us responsible... please elaborate, and tell me why you think we caused it? My ancestors escaped Russia because of the pogroms, and I'm SURE they would have preferred to live peacefully in their home country. Nobody is "scapegoating," we just aren't going to admit fault - because we shouldn't.

Quote:
How am I adding to anything? By discussing history in a rational manner?
I won't go into it, for fear of being dinged by my fellow moderators... but I am basing that on your overall views, which I have seen on other threads as well as this one. Rational words or not, the sentiment is what really matters.

Old 12-09-2008, 03:28 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,610,917 times
Quote:
But kindly stop scapegoating others, over and over, century after century, continent after continent, for what seems to be a recurring problem that no other people has.
...A statement that can be referred to as "typical." When they haven't got anything else to back up their bigoted arguments, they resort to this.

As to the "recurring problem," I am fascinated to know what other group of people has been on the receiving end of a similar treatment for the last 2,000 years--and you can't go anywhere near that far back with the gypsies.

Old 12-09-2008, 03:42 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,342,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
I dont worry about being blown up by a suicidal Jew.

Putting aside who is right or wrong . Dont fall into the lie that a country who has the luxury of flying a jet and dropping bombs or launching missles is better , has the higher ground to poor country or men who fight any way they can.

Thats the in vogue lie the media uses.
By those standards George Washington who led a non recognized military who fought guerilla war was a terrorist as were American Indians .

Though this does not apply to any particular country be it Israel ,etc as just to make a point keep in mind-

If I have a strong military in a recognized gvmt and drop bombs on your village, launch missles on your schools and you fight back by sending a truck bomb into my camp . It is you who are considered the terrorist .

Old 12-09-2008, 03:53 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,730,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesertmutz View Post
where would you suggest israel purchase weapons to defend themselves from? russia? iran? china?
Oh man Isreal has and will buy weapoms from whoever they can, if they can't make thier own. In '48 and the early 50's they were buying x German army k98's and Mg34 and 42 as fast as they could get them. They've flown everything from US Mustangs to French Mirage and used armor from 3 or 4 different countrys.

Old 12-09-2008, 04:23 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,529,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesertmutz View Post
what's disturbing is that the palestinians even agreed to the 1948 UN Partition.

They didnt have any choice. They were bit players, and while the British waffled on when and how to implement the governance of this new European and American creation, the Israeli's resorted to terrorism. The King David would only be the beginning, and the cloak of aggression would be permitted as they were "victims" once themselves. Over 50 years later, the Palestinians have only seen their lands shrink, the walls and barb wire grow longer and taller, and their rights as humans be lessened, their civil liberties restricted, and access to land ownership, the free use of roadways (and access), free use of travel (access) be as restricted as their chance for economic independence.

While their pain has deepened and their lives grown increasingly miserable by the heavy hand of Israel (closing borders, dehumanizing Palestinans, imprisoning and torturing Palestinians, etc...) they have known only pain, joblessness and hopelessness, all while the rightwing and so-called "Christian" conservatives in this nation, and ESPECIALLY in the media, have worked tirelessly to demonize the victims of Israeli brutality while showering praise on all things Israel. .

And our unreserved support for Israel is what the CIA/NSA have determined was the chief motivation for Sept. 11th, 2001.

Terrorism begets terrorism

Old 12-09-2008, 04:39 PM

138 posts, read 196,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
As to the "recurring problem," I am fascinated to know what other group of people has been on the receiving end of a similar treatment for the last 2,000 years--and you can't go anywhere near that far back with the gypsies.
Fine, then you admit it's a uniquely Jewish problem. That's what I'm saying, the Jews cannot scapegoat others every single time this happens, when it's happened HUNDREDS of times, on different continents, across different centuries and epochs, with different races and religions, etc. etc. etc.

Get real.

I know that many Jews are brought up and taught that they are never in the wrong, that their people were persecuted because of some "irrationality" etc., their innocence is never to be questioned etc. but that doesn't stand up under scrutiny, and it's statistically impossible for it to always be the non-Jews fault. Go reread some of the edicts that explain EXACTLY WHY the expulsions were being enacted.

If something bad happens to you or your family A HUNDRED TIMES OVER, you'd best look inward for a change, and stop scapegoating others, otherwise you won't correct the problem and it will likely reoccur.

Old 12-09-2008, 06:04 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,610,917 times
Quote:
Get real.

I know that many Jews are brought up and taught that they are never in the wrong, that their people were persecuted because of some "irrationality" etc., their innocence is never to be questioned etc. but that doesn't stand up under scrutiny, and it's statistically impossible for it to always be the non-Jews fault.
Oh, you know this for a fact, do you? There is one of us here who does need to get real. But, as it happens, it's not me.

Just another one of these posters who uses "knowledge" as a coverup for bigotry. And guess what--I'm not scapegoating when I say this!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies