Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2009, 03:56 PM

491 posts, read 886,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Rick Perry is simply pandering to the dumbest of the stupids in Texas.
Exactly. Unfortunately most people here will ignore this fact because they are frothing at the mouth to bash Texas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2009, 04:04 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,466,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
I refused to participate in the childish hate language of my state is holier than thou, but you did not refrain in your contempt. Please see above post.
As to the first paragraph of your post, I never said TX was better than any other state. I merely presented a fact...Texas is the second most populous state and 8% of Americans ARE in fact Texans. The opinions of 8% should matter more than the opinions of 1%. Furthermore, as other posters have already mentioned, MANY, MANY states are fed up with what's going on in Washington.

Old 04-17-2009, 04:05 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,466,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewzerr68 View Post
"Idaho isn't coming out with outlandish claims of separating from the union"

Don't make me laugh!!! Maybe not at this exact moment in time, but I remember a time not too long ago when Idaho was supposed to be the new holy land for the White race. Maybe you forgot that?

Look, just because a few wealthy conservative fanatics with access to the media in a state of 23 million people are trying to stir up hate, that doesn't mean that they speak for ALL Texans. THAT... is what I'm saying.

If you want to hate Texas, fine. If you want to assume ALL Texans are like Perry and Bush, then I feel sorry for you that you are that ignorant and buy into stereotypes so easily. Perhaps I should assume that ALL Pacific Northwesterners are White-supremacist gun-toting lumberjacks? Sorry... I don't pass that kind of judgement on a region until I've actually been there and absorbed some local culture.
I'm pro-Perry but not pro-Bush. You can't lump Perry and Bush into the same category.

Old 04-17-2009, 04:14 PM

1 posts, read 1,082 times
Default Texas

Bye Bye Texas? Then why is it that every other person I meet seems to come from California.

Old 04-17-2009, 04:27 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,787,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
As to the first paragraph of your post, I never said TX was better than any other state. I merely presented a fact...Texas is the second most populous state and 8% of Americans ARE in fact Texans. The opinions of 8% should matter more than the opinions of 1%. Furthermore, as other posters have already mentioned, MANY, MANY states are fed up with what's going on in Washington.
Dear I've been fed up with what's been going on in washington for 30yrs. Just when 30yrs of fiscal stupidity comes to roost is not the time to claim you're a new hapless victim.

See that link lilypad posted about TX agriculture? Who has been buying all that produce? You can't tell me y'all were getting top dollar from south of the border. America is able to pay that top dollar when the rest of the states are healthy. Alaska's bridge to nowhere, like hawaii's highway to nowhere... each state clamoring over taxes might look a little closer to home before complaining. As our system stands, politicians are ruled by popularity contests and backroom deals that amount to legal graft. This needs to end. Comes a day when we've all got to realize america can't live on twinkies and we need to eat our veggies.

Ask any citizen of any state right now if they'd be a fan of finance industry reform, including reform of FED when they see the collusive nature clearly. I'll bet you'd get unanimity there. The problem with these other groups is they've been commandeered by nasty political forces who are hell bent on bankrupting social security. Give me candidates who will make it solvent, and make the unpopular decisions based on real math, not phony math.
What Ron Paul lacked in last presidential election, and what he lacks right now, is a feasible plan.

Old 04-17-2009, 04:30 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,585,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
AUSTIN, Texas -- Texas Gov. Rick Perry fired up an anti-tax "tea party" with his stance against the federal government and for states' rights. Perry told the Austin crowd Wednesday that officials in Washington have abandoned the country's founding principals. During his speech to hundreds in a U.S. flag-waving crowd, there were several shouts of "Secede!"

Perry suggested Texans might at some point get so fed up they would want to secede from the union.

Governor Says Texans May Want to Secede From Union But Probably Won't - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com

So, pretty-boy Perry has taken the nutso bus to looneyland?

Very interesting...

http://blogs.chron.com/texaspolitics/archives/rick%20perry%20treason.jpg (broken link)

Old 04-17-2009, 04:32 PM

573 posts, read 801,808 times
Texas could be savior of Redneckistan, a place where prairie states meet the good-ole-boy South.

Old 04-17-2009, 04:40 PM

18,131 posts, read 25,296,596 times
Looks like Governor Perry doesn't support the troops
secession would involve going to war against the US (remember the civil war)
and that would involve attacking US soldiers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
So, pretty-boy Perry has taken the nutso bus to looneyland?

Very interesting...

Old 04-17-2009, 04:53 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,787,059 times
Redneckistan!!! OMG! I think Idaho would prefer the company of pacifica, NC prefers the company of new american, and minnesota could go either way, maybe even canadian. As ever, WV could be it's own odd nation nation state ameri-switzerland (without secret bank accounts). You forgot half of texas, arizona & california are being claimed by mexicans. Call that cheech and chong land.

Old 04-17-2009, 04:57 PM

749 posts, read 947,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Thank you very, very much for this post. All the other non-Texans just love to pick on us....you actually see that our views are valid as well and that we have just as much of a right to consideration as everyone else. You may or may not agree with our views, but you see that we are equal.

To everyone who hates Texas, you need to realize that about 8% of Americans are Texans. That's not a small percentage...it's far larger in fact than the percent who are citizens of most of your states.
People don't hate Texas, they are just jealous of it. Texas is just one of a FEW STATES THAT WOULD BENEFIT FROM SECESSION
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies