Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2009, 07:57 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,273,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
That unfortunately is what it is like trying to deal with Republicans.
Ah! I'm not a republican!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2009, 07:57 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,468,585 times
Quote:
That unfortunately is what it is like trying to deal with Republicans. Child-like & impulsive individuals who need incredible amounts of patience & elementary step by step explanations. Most Democrats frankly get weary having to spoon-feed the simple minds that frequent this forum, I'm afraid. Oh, what we must do to help our nation!
Guess what? As a Republican, I feel the same about Democrats. Sort of.... Actually, no. I respect everyone's opinions and don't belittle anyone and needlessly make offensive remarks. They serve no purpose.

Old 04-16-2009, 07:59 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,273,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I respect everyone's opinions and don't belittle anyone and make such offensive remarks.

Old 04-16-2009, 08:02 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,613,866 times
Quote:
Guess what? As a Republican, I feel the same about Democrats. Sort of.... Actually, no. I respect everyone's opinions and don't belittle anyone and needlessly make offensive remarks. They serve no purpose.
One earns respect. It won't happen otherwise [ask your great president Bush!

Old 04-16-2009, 08:04 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,468,585 times
Quote:
One earns respect. It won't happen otherwise [ask your great president Bush!
Did I ever say I was pro-Bush? No.

Although I did vote for him twice (actually maybe once more if you want to count gubenatorial elections), by 2006 or 2007 the slim percentage of Americans who actually supported him DID NOT include me.

Old 04-16-2009, 08:06 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,507,138 times
Quote:
You guys are opening up an entirely different subject that is very distasteful to patriotic Americans. Shame on you.
Patriotic Americans criticize their government and its leaders when appropriate. Lincoln is most deserving of heavy criticism for what he was responsible for.

Old 04-16-2009, 08:10 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,613,866 times
Quote:
Did I ever say I was pro-Bush? No.

Although I did vote for him twice (actually maybe once more if you want to count gubenatorial elections), by 2006 or 2007 he wasn't getting approval votes from me.
Better late than never. But that's my point about Republicans. They finally understand after years of stubborn denial of reality [ie. global warming] and why America can not wait for Republicans to finally "get it" [like the kid who can't grasp algebra so the entire class has to to be held back until the "light goes on."

PYT

122 posts, read 290,515 times
Quote:
I love being an American, but being a Texan comes first!
This statement is so bizarre and foreign to me.

I've always considered my country first, even when I didn't agree with what they were doing. I have never even considered myself a part of anything else (state, race or otherwise).

It is horribly sad, reading these threads has made me realize how divided our country truly is (It's like we're the sunnis and shi'ites in Iraq).

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Patriotic Americans criticize their government and its leaders when appropriate. Lincoln is most deserving of heavy criticism for what he was responsible for.
They forget the government is suppose to work for us, not us for the government. One of the main reasons we have the 1st amendment is so we can criticize any local, state or Federal government that we see fit.

Old 04-16-2009, 08:11 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,507,138 times
Quote:
You don't even live in the South [and if I am not mistaken, you used to live in California]. So why are you into hating President Lincoln [our nation's most honored president]. Doesn't make sense!
Lincoln was a terrible president who trampled all over the Constitution. Jefferson was probably our best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies