Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 10:44 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,949,395 times

Advertisements

This man tells Blind Willie McTell life in song wonderfully

YouTube - Bob Dylan - Blind Willie Mc Tell
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2009, 10:46 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,155,087 times
I agree that racism exists on all sides. I ( a white woman) experiance it from other whites all the time,much more so now since the election. I also have experienced it directed towards whites from Mexican women I have worked w/, & also from black women.

I have a special needs toddler,& I take him to Children's Mercy Hospital in Kansas City,MO often. I have had several black women be VERY rude to me,and during the election, I stopped at the KC Obama headquarters on the way back from the hospital, to see if I could get a sign for my yard.There was a sign in the liquor store parking lot across the way, that said "liquor store parking ONLY", and this black woman parked there. The store employee came out & politely pointed out the sign & asked her to move. The woman went CRAZY, screaming all kinds of rude,obscene things,calling her racist,etc. And all this in front of her little boy,who looked about 3 or 4,& scared to death. I never DID go into the Obama headquarters,as this crazy woman scared me ,I was afraid to take my kids out of the car.

My teenage daughter was w/ me,& pointed out that she was the same woman in the doctors office who was being very loud & rude,rambling on about the receptionist ,calling her a "white b*tch". The young black gentleman w/ her at the doctor's office was very polite after she left the room,& his little boy came over to play w/ mine. I could tell he was embarrassed by her behavior.

She reminded me a LOT of the white racists I know. It's sad that there are still people out there like this,in this day & age. I only hope I can raise my own children to be kind & respectful to all people.

Old 07-11-2009, 10:49 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,182,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
seriously. people are always going to hate. hate has existed since the beginning of time, and it will always exist. people need to get over race issues, or else they are going to be in for a lifetime of disappointment. or perhaps the government will start trying to legislating thoughts. we know how much some people would like that.
Hate is beautiful! America needs more hate. Do your part! Get all exciting details from an evangelist!

Old 07-11-2009, 10:56 PM

Afro Americans have to earn white peoples respect to survive well in our society. White people don't need an afro americans respect to survive well. I would say that is where the animosity comes from. Some people are better at controlling their feelings than others. The women screaming racist was trying to use guilt as a pyschological weapon. When white people are accused of being racist they feel guilty. I had a afro american call me a racist. I explained to her that I was to educated to be a racist. I told her all men and women originally come from Africa if you believe in evolution. The fossil records prove it. Her response to me was educated racist are the worst. I chuckled at her, and went on my way.

Old 07-11-2009, 11:06 PM

715 posts, read 2,086,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcissus23 View Post
Afro Americans have to earn white peoples respect to survive well in our society. White people don't need an afro americans respect to survive well. I would say that is where the animosity comes from. Some people are better at controlling their feelings than others. The women screaming racist was trying to use guilt as a pyschological weapon. When white people are accused of being racist they feel guilty. I had a afro american call me a racist. I explained to her that I was to educated to be a racist. I told her all men and women originally come from Africa if you believe in evolution. The fossil records prove it. Her response to me was educated racist are the worst. I chuckled at her, and went on my way.
LMAO.... Afro Americans? i thought its Black Americans, whether your educated or not. Is that what they were refered to in the good ole days??

What respect are you on about? they were the white mans slave for crying out loud, just how low can a slave negro go to get some respect?

Old 07-11-2009, 11:19 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,928,915 times
As long as people throw the 'that's racist!' remark around, as long as people are so quick to play the victim, as long as people belong to groups focused on race; racism won't go away. It is here to stay. As long as the human species exists, so will racism.

Old 07-11-2009, 11:35 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,016,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieJJ View Post
Haha, Your whinning about your cage being rattled over how long Obama being president?? And just how long have the KKK or other white supremacy groups been around?? funny you've lived in comfort till NOW.

How long did slavery go on for??

Did bush goto both minorities and whites fundraising events equally??

I say its about time someone gave something back to the minorities, and again it took Blacks to give it back. Like i said in previous posts, if it werent for them (Blacks + Civil rights movement) kicking doors of injustice and oppression, WE the Minorities would still be living in the days of lynching cuz you guys on the other side of the fence would'nt have done it volantarily.

And you have the ordasity to tell me to get real?? lmao, ignorrance is bliss and alive isnt it??
So what do you see as the solution for racism?

Old 07-11-2009, 11:59 PM

Sierra Leone a country formed in Africa for the freed slaves was prospering under British Rule(white people). Then the British pulled out April 27, 1961. Under Black peoples rule the country has fallen apart. Most of Africa is in turmoil without white peoples government and ideologies. America is a great nation because of the culture that is European. The blacks in America that are prosperous are that way because they have adopted white culture. European western thought and ideologies have created the modern world for the most part that we live in. Oriental and Mediterranean/middle eastern culture also sparked knowledge before the renaissance happened in Europe. The only African culture that really ever developed was Egyptian, and what used to be Catharage. The dark skinned broad nosed Africans were viewed as uneducated, and only good for physical labor as were the native American Indians by the Europeans of the past, and the middle eastern cultures. Why blame our ancestors for your ancestors down falls. The Africans were tribal in culture, and had not progressed beyond that. The same went for the Indians in America. If the Africans would of been more advanced slavery would of never happened to them in the first place. The world has grown past the need for slavery, but Africa is still in turmoil, and the whites are still being blamed for all their problems. I say shame on the blacks for not changing their ways, and always blaming others for their problems. There are way more blacks in Americans prisons than whites, but way fewer blacks in the country as a whole. There are many highly educated blacks in America, but the majority of blacks are still under educated. This is a free country, and education is only guaranteed until the age of 16 in the USA. Obama is more white than black in my opinion. Only his skin color is dark(which is very light), but everything else about him is white. The way he speaks, his facial features and physique. Do you think if he acted like a rapper he would of ever become President of this country. Although afro Americas act like he is more of a black man than a white man. Most afro Americans don't want to think of him as a white man. Hate to tell you, but Obama is white as they come!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-12-2009, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
So what do you see as the solution for racism?
If you have time for a read, then care to read this. Perhaps that would better educate your understanding. Which would also answer a portion to your oversimplified question.

White Privilege: Unpacking the Invisible Knapsack by Peggy McIntosh
Originally posted by Davey123

Old 07-12-2009, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcissus23 View Post
Sierra Leone a country formed in Africa for the freed slaves was prospering under British Rule(white people). Then the British pulled out April 27, 1961. Under Black peoples rule the country has fallen apart. Most of Africa is in turmoil without white peoples government and ideologies. America is a great nation because of the culture that is European. The blacks in America that are prosperous are that way because they have adopted white culture. European western thought and ideologies have created the modern world for the most part that we live in. Oriental and Mediterranean/middle eastern culture also sparked knowledge before the renaissance happened in Europe. The only African culture that really ever developed was Egyptian, and what used to be Catharage. The dark skinned broad nosed Africans were viewed as uneducated, and only good for physical labor as were the native American Indians by the Europeans of the past, and the middle eastern cultures. Why blame our ancestors for your ancestors down falls. The Africans were tribal in culture, and had not progressed beyond that. The same went for the Indians in America. If the Africans would of been more advanced slavery would of never happened to them in the first place. The world has grown past the need for slavery, but Africa is still in turmoil, and the whites are still being blamed for all their problems. I say shame on the blacks for not changing their ways, and always blaming others for their problems. There are way more blacks in Americans prisons than whites, but way fewer blacks in the country as a whole. There are many highly educated blacks in America, but the majority of blacks are still under educated. This is a free country, and education is only guaranteed until the age of 16 in the USA. Obama is more white than black in my opinion. Only his skin color is dark(which is very light), but everything else about him is white. The way he speaks, his facial features and physique. Do you think if he acted like a rapper he would of ever become President of this country. Although afro Americas act like he is more of a black man than a white man. Most afro Americans don't want to think of him as a white man. Hate to tell you, but Obama is white as they come!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, a bonafied bigot, and since you say you're educated. Would you say you speak solely for your group??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies