Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2011, 09:03 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,285,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
When they give me a door ding every time they climb out of their car, thats when.
So does that entitle me to hate all of the pickup cowboys out here who've dinged and scuffed my car because they don't know how to maneuver the things in a parking lot? Seems to be a big waste of energy to hate them, though they have certainly cost me some money and aggravation.

Old 08-20-2011, 09:15 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
When Did it Become Okay to Start Hating the Obese?

When it became politically correct to hate smokers.

Smoker's hurt themselves by smoking, fat people hurt themselves by overeating.

Smoker's have higher healthcare costs, fat people have higher healthcare costs.

The anti-smokinging crowd has used these arguments to encourage the masses to hate smokers......make them socially unacceptable..... for their own good.....so they will "see the light" and change their ways. Hate is a good thing.....if done for the right reason.

So, you see, the masses are hating on fat people too.....ya know....for their own good. Gotta spread the "love".

Old 08-20-2011, 10:16 PM

1,019 posts, read 590,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
When Did it Become Okay to Start Hating the Obese?

When it became politically correct to hate smokers.

Smoker's hurt themselves by smoking, fat people hurt themselves by overeating.

Smoker's have higher healthcare costs, fat people have higher healthcare costs.

The anti-smokinging crowd has used these arguments to encourage the masses to hate smokers......make them socially unacceptable..... for their own good.....so they will "see the light" and change their ways. Hate is a good thing.....if done for the right reason.

So, you see, the masses are hating on fat people too.....ya know....for their own good. Gotta spread the "love".
You are completely in the dark about smokers, or as I call them, "skanks".

We don't give a damn if they are addicted to their nicotine (which they cabsolutely are), or if they kill themselves smoking - matter nought to us. Our only concern is that they spew their filth into the public spaces with complete and wanton disregard for the health and comfort of others.

Old 08-20-2011, 10:23 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times
Hey fatties, welcome to the world the smokers have been living in for the past ten years.

Old 08-20-2011, 10:27 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaTrang View Post

We don't give a damn if they are addicted to their nicotine (which they cabsolutely are), or if they kill themselves smoking - matter nought to us. Our only concern is that they spew their filth into the public spaces with complete and wanton disregard for the health and comfort of others.
If you don't like it, don't stand by someone smoking a cigarette. Do you have such unhinged hatred for people who run their filthy cars so they can get to work? I walk to work - why are the filthy pigs who drive allowed to belch their pollution into the air, forcing me to breathe it everytime I walk past a street?

If you want to take your life into your own hands by driving a motor vehicle, it's fine with me if you want to kill yourself. But don't subject the rest of us to your filthy, dirty, and anti-environment habit.

Old 08-21-2011, 12:25 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,649,010 times
I can't speak for everybody, but my personal vendetta against the obese began when fatties kept eating all of the oreos. Oreos are good. Leave some for the rest of us.

Old 08-21-2011, 12:43 AM

1,081 posts, read 916,241 times
Quote:

Somebody would have to be a real mess to have hate like this. I call them "losers".

Old 08-21-2011, 01:35 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,337,514 times
I am trying to find it in my heart to forgive all the posters in this thread who are, intentionally or not, expressing such unmitigated loathing for the late Victor Buono, the late John Candy, the late Jackie Gleason, and the apparently immortal Kris Kringle, aka Jolly Old Saint Nick, aka Santa Claus.

What is wrong with you people?

On the other hand, feel free to diss that repulsive avatar of avoirdupois, Roseanne Barr. Unlike most obese people, she has a fat head to go with her badoinkadoink.

Old 08-21-2011, 06:05 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:

I love second hand cigar and pipe smoke.... wonderful, and it's free, and it's totally harmless. I don't have to be a smoker to enjoy the benefits.

So thank you smokers! And just ignore the anti smoking skanks whose panties are in a tight wad.

Old 08-21-2011, 06:11 AM

1,346 posts, read 3,076,548 times
To answer the OP's question, it became ok to start hating the obese right around the time people got bored with hating the smokers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies