Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2009, 10:00 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,875,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
of the 300 million, how many have their own private insurance?
Well 37 million Americans have no health insurance....so you do the math
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2009, 10:03 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,539,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Well 37 million Americans have no health insurance....so you do the math
Actually I let fact check do the research for me. 119 million americans have their own private health care, so according to both you and final day, there are 180 million currently on government subsidized insurance. hmmm

FactCheck.org: More Health Care Scare

Old 08-03-2009, 10:05 PM

Could you post where it states that only 119 million Americans have private healthcare?

Old 08-03-2009, 10:06 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,269,913 times
Quote:
Actually I let fact check do the research for me. 119 million americans have their own private health care, so according to both you and final day, there are 180 million currently on government subsidized insurance. hmmm
No, the others have insurance through their employers. Their employers provide health insurance and either pay part of the premium with the employee paying the other part or, the employer pays it all

Also, it appears you misunderstood the Fastcheck: It was referencing how many would convert to the Government subsidized health insurance if it became law. NOT how many are on it today

Old 08-03-2009, 10:08 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,539,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I'm not a Republican. Thought you should know.

And yes, in my personal opinion, the American people should pay more towards their own healthcare. If it means foregoing the 80 inch HDTV for a while, then, so be it.

Personally, the 20/80 polices work well: you pay 20% of the bill - the insurance picks up the other 80%.

80 inch TV? You definately have the Republican mindset. Not everyone can afford a TV larger than a 20 inch if that at all. No the 20/80 does not work well because NOT EVERY insurance company pays that for one, and two if they do not agree with the treatment or cost, they WILL NOT PAY. When are you going to get that. Like the politicians in Washington, you seem to ONLY focus on the Rich. I guess thats why your pushing this Proposal by the Republicans.

Old 08-03-2009, 10:09 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,269,913 times
Quote:
80 inch TV? You definately have the Republican mindset. Not everyone can afford a TV larger than a 20 inch if that at all. No the 20/80 does not work well because NOT EVERY insurance company pays that for one, and two if they do not agree with the treatment or cost, they WILL NOT PAY. When are you going to get that. Like the politicians in Washington, you seem to ONLY focus on the Rich. I guess thats why your pushing this Proposal by the Republicans.
How much are you willing to pay for your health insurance?

How much are you willing to pay for a doctors visit?

How much are you willing to pay for a hospital stay?

Old 08-03-2009, 10:09 PM

The Census Bureau had the number of uninsured people(NOT Americans) in the USA at 47 million.

10 million are not American.

Over 16 million make $50,000 or more.

Old 08-03-2009, 11:45 PM

3,689 posts, read 10,419,495 times
Quote:
I am pretty sure my insurance company does not "agree" with my treatment, IE they are loosing money on me. My premiums are around 700.00 per month out of pocket for me. My MS treatment costs a total of 2400.00 per month, yet I have never had a problem getting in to see my Neuro when I need to, never had a hard time getting approval for the MRI's I have to have every 6 mo. Never had a problem getting my Steroid IV treatments when I have an attack, never had problems getting the Therapy I need after an attack subsides. I have never been denied ONCE for getting the treatment I require for my disease. NEVER once. In the years of being diagnosed with MS, I have cost the insurance company plenty, but instead of denying me my treatment, they approve every request with no complaints on their part. Yet a good friend of mine on Medicare, cannot seem to get the stuff she requires. She has been denied Tysabri, she has been denied several drugs to alleviate the pain that can be associated with MS, she has been given hell for the required MRI's, and to top it off she has to pay 30% of the drugs total cost, which is around 2600-3000 / month. My private insurance company only has me pay the little 75.00/ month copay.

Old 08-04-2009, 01:55 AM

4,906 posts, read 6,849,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
And, it has been introduced into the Congress - of course the leftist media has not told you very much about it.

See for yourself:

http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/GO...in;contentBody

http://www.house.gov/ryan/PCA/PCAsummary15p.pdf
LMAO they ignore all the issues in this country until they are backed into a corner by someone else that proposes a solution and then they release some pseudo plan and pretend like they are attempting to address an issue.

Old 08-04-2009, 01:56 AM

4,906 posts, read 6,849,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Could you post where it states that only 119 million Americans have private healthcare?
could you post where it states otherwise?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies