Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2009, 05:11 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times

Advertisements

[quote=Greatday;10092042]Where did I say it was inexpensive? Answer, contrary to your representation, I did not.

And regardless of my insurance company - insurance is sold state to state. That would be different if the GOP's plan were to pass.

And, my last cancer bout was 6 years ago - and my insurance has not gone up because of the cancer - it has increased but, less than 10%.

And, it is BCBS - Brokered

And, I do not have, nor can ever get Medicare. I guess that bothers you since you seem to have been making an issue of it.

Again though - when / where did I say, as you say I did, that my insurance was "inexpensive"? Or, would you like to retract your assertion?[/QUOTE]

Oh yes! I retract my assertion! Your insurance is expensive just as everyone else's!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2009, 05:12 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,273,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Oh yes! I retract my assertion! Your insurance is expensive just as everyone else's!
Thank you.

For the record, while its not inexpensive, I don't consider $1,000 a month that bad either.

However, I have no idea how much others I paying - I don't generally get that nosey

Old 08-03-2009, 05:16 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Nope, this link is biased. It is written by By Julia A. Seymour
Business & Media Institute. She offers no citations or links to back up her assertions.

I want to see the stats from a US Census site.

Old 08-03-2009, 05:17 PM

5,224 posts, read 5,014,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Thank you.

For the record, while its not inexpensive, I don't consider $1,000 a month that bad either.

However, I have no idea how much others I paying - I don't generally get that nosey

And therein lies the problem. $1,000 is not a lot to you? THAT is a mortgage/rent payment for some in some parts of the country GD.. $1,000 IS a lot of money a month!

Old 08-03-2009, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
And therein lies the problem. $1,000 is not a lot to you? THAT is a mortgage/rent payment for some in some parts of the country GD.. $1,000 IS a lot of money a month!
It won't be any cheaper under Obamacare TM. You are only fooling yourself if you think it will be. Also, keep in mind that my policy has far more bells and whistles, of which you have previously criticized me for, that many would want.

So, your premium would, more than likely, be much less

Old 08-03-2009, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Where did I say it was inexpensive? Answer, contrary to your representation, I did not.

And regardless of my insurance company - insurance is sold state to state. That would be different if the GOP's plan were to pass.

And, my last cancer bout was 6 years ago - and my insurance has not gone up because of the cancer - it has increased but, less than 10%.

And, it is BCBS - Brokered

And, I do not have, nor can ever get Medicare. I guess that bothers you since you seem to have been making an issue of it.

Again though - when / where did I say, as you say I did, that my insurance was "inexpensive"? Or, would you like to retract your assertion?
You may not have on this thread..but in many you tout how your plan is on the cheap or is inexpensive..

Just pointing that out.

Old 08-03-2009, 05:23 PM

Quote:
It won't be any cheaper under Obamacare TM. You are only fooling yourself if you think it will be.
Says you..

Since 1,000 a month comes out to 12K a year which is already known as the average cost for a family of four.. and we already know that that is 22% of the average household income.. the objective of ANY healthcare reform should be and IS to reduce the burden to those families.

Hey.. if you knock out 25% of the overhead BS that goes into PRIVATE insurance companies.. and that can be eliminated with a government option (because they don't have to pay one exec a 14M a year salary and pay out profits and dividends etc.. ) you're already reducing the premiums..

So .. YOu are fooling YOURSELF if you think Obama's plan wouldn't reduce costs.

AND. y ou've also said that insurance should be sold across state lines in order to encourage competition and .. REDUCE premiums. Since the exchange would do just that then right there.. reducing cost.

Old 08-03-2009, 05:27 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,168,101 times
Quote:
I'm also noting how many of you posters on the LEFT immediately jumped all over me and the thread as being untruthful -

Yet now when you are finding out that it is THE TRUTH you are suddenly slinking into your holes!
Hey, if this post was talking about me, I just now came back to this website and am looking at this thread. This plan was complete and the Dems knew about it in June, and the Rs just were shy about putting it out in public? Link, please?

I dont see anything about this new R plan in the news online btw.

Old 08-03-2009, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
Says you..

AND. y ou've also said that insurance should be sold across state lines in order to encourage competition and .. REDUCE premiums. Since the exchange would do just that then right there.. reducing cost.
Obama's plan does not allow insurance to be sold across state lines TM - I thought you knew that?

BTW - how do you feel about, under the Obamacare plan - that t5here is a MANDATE to have insurance - and if you don't, you will be fined 2% (or more) of your income? How do you feel about this - being forced to buy something?

Old 08-03-2009, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Hey, if you're talking about me, I just came back to this website and am looking at this thread. This plan was complete and the Dems knew about it in June, and the Rs just were shy about putting it out in public? Link, please?

I dont see anything about this new R plan in the news online btw.
The GOP has not been shy.

The Media just did not want to cover it.

And, there are News Articles out there - I have already provided some earlier.

The Dems have known about these two bills - new about the GOP news conferences announcing them (I provided links) - the DEMS are dening there is such a bill - the Dems are lying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies