Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 02:12 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,269,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
a copy of the White House plan, with a tweak here and there?

I dont call copying "original."
Completely different than the White House plan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2009, 02:14 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,441,800 times
Here is what I found:

Search Results - THOMAS (Library of Congress)
Quote:
ALL ACTIONS: 1/18/2007:Sponsor introductory remarks on measure. (CR S757-763) 1/18/2007:Read twice and referred to the Committee on Finance. 1/31/2007:Sponsor introductory remarks on measure. (CR S1363-1364) 3/22/2007:Sponsor introductory remarks on measure. (CR S3556) 5/8/2007:Sponsor introductory remarks on measure. (CR S5676-5677) 9/7/2007:Sponsor introductory remarks on measure. (CR S11264-11267)
I still am looking as to why the bill did not move forward.

Old 08-03-2009, 02:19 PM

Let's do this folks: To those who are arguing that the Democrats did not know about this legislation, and it's Senate Counterpart S 1099, here is a copy of a Washington Times article from JUNE 8, 2009, where both pieces of legislation are talked about.

Almost 2 months ago..

RYAN/NUNES: Let the debate begin - Washington Times

Now, either the Democrats in the Congress have very, VERY bad staff who do not keep their bosses informed or, the Democrats continue to lie.

I go for the later

Old 08-03-2009, 02:19 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
For all those that continue to say no legislation has been introduced, try this:

http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-...2520ih.txt.pdf

Ahhh!! There it is! On page 96! The government wants to tell you when and how you should die!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-03-2009, 02:21 PM

I'm also noting how many of you posters on the LEFT immediately jumped all over me and the thread as being untruthful -

Yet now when you are finding out that it is THE TRUTH you are suddenly slinking into your holes!

Old 08-03-2009, 02:23 PM

Well apparently we have Mr. Kennedy to thank. Here is what I found as to why the bill did not move forward.

Healthy Americans Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
In November 2008, The Hill pointed out that the Act, despite its two-year head start and its cosponsors from both parties, was in competition with the (then-)undrafted proposals in the works from Senator Max Baucus (D-Montana), chairman of the Senate Committee on Finance, and Ted Kennedy (D-Massachusetts), chairman of the Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions.[5]
In June 2009, just after the CBO announced that the then-current draft of the bill from Senator Baucus's Finance Committee would increase the federal budget deficit by $1.6 trillion during its first decade and would leave millions of people uninsured, the Wall Street Journal characterized the "less-radical" HAA as "Wyden's Third Way" and pointed out some key differences between the majority's proposal and HAA:[3]

Old 08-03-2009, 02:26 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,539,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
I apologized because I thought he was talking about a different plan. The one I posted WAS introduced to the Senate. The plan I posted was done in 2007 and was reviewed by the CBO and found to be neutral for cost and projected that it would actually make the government money in the second or third year. I am still researching the bill but that is what I have found so far.

I found the bill and did a quick skim through. There is a lot of mentioning of credits...Transparency of employers insurance, and based on gross income. Yes its a plan, similar to the Democrats plan, with too many vague proposals. Still does not speak of how much this will cost, what type of credit and who will be taxed. The interesting part is the wording of a time frame for each section.

Example: Veterans

"
SEC. 901. HEALTH CARE CHOICE FOR VETERANS.

• Beginning not later than 2 years after the date of the enactment of this Act, the Secretary of Veterans Affairs may--
    • (1) permit veterans, and survivors and dependents of veterans, who are eligible for health care and services under the laws administered by the Secretary to receive such care and services through such non-Department of Veterans Affairs providers and facilities as the Secretary may approve for purposes of this section; and
    • (2) pursuant to such procedures as the Secretary of Veteran Affairs shall prescribe for purposes of this section, make payments to such providers and facilities for the provision of such care and services to veterans, and such survivors and dependents, at such rates as the Secretary may specify in such procedures and in such manner so that the Secretary ensures that the aggregate payments made by the Secretary to such providers and facilities do not exceed the aggregate amounts which the Secretary would have paid for such care and services if this section had not been enacted." the red portion sounds like the Managed Care that the Republicans have been screaming about.

Old 08-03-2009, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
When?
June, 2009

Old 08-03-2009, 02:28 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,539,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I'm also noting how many of you posters on the LEFT immediately jumped all over me and the thread as being untruthful -

Yet now when you are finding out that it is THE TRUTH you are suddenly slinking into your holes!

Not sinking at all. This is still an outline of a bill no matter how you try to spin it. There are no numbers. But i will definately read through this more in detail tonight. AGain...NOT A BILL> Just like their budget and housing plans.

Old 08-03-2009, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
I found the bill and did a quick skim through. There is a lot of mentioning of credits...Transparency of employers insurance, and based on gross income. Yes its a plan, similar to the Democrats plan, with too many vague proposals. Still does not speak of how much this will cost, what type of credit and who will be taxed. The interesting part is the wording of a time frame for each section.

Example: Veterans

"
SEC. 901. HEALTH CARE CHOICE FOR VETERANS.

• Beginning not later than 2 years after the date of the enactment of this Act, the Secretary of Veterans Affairs may--
    • (1) permit veterans, and survivors and dependents of veterans, who are eligible for health care and services under the laws administered by the Secretary to receive such care and services through such non-Department of Veterans Affairs providers and facilities as the Secretary may approve for purposes of this section; and
    • (2) pursuant to such procedures as the Secretary of Veteran Affairs shall prescribe for purposes of this section, make payments to such providers and facilities for the provision of such care and services to veterans, and such survivors and dependents, at such rates as the Secretary may specify in such procedures and in such manner so that the Secretary ensures that the aggregate payments made by the Secretary to such providers and facilities do not exceed the aggregate amounts which the Secretary would have paid for such care and services if this section had not been enacted." the red portion sounds like the Managed Care that the Republicans have been screaming about.

Have you read Obama's every other sentence it was "cost to be determined by the "Secretary" whoever that is. I have not had a chance to read the whole thing but so far it seems like a good plan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies