Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 04:27 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,204,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrandom View Post
Anyway, what's wrong with contentious politics? I think its good ideas have to be changed and adjusted and compromised to be accepted. It beats the non-democratic alternative.
At a certain level politics becomes so contentious that it's impossible to get anything significant accomplished.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2009, 05:07 PM

395 posts, read 511,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tindo80 View Post
It wouldnt matter, it would only be a matter of time before one declared war on the other for resources and debt.

I would probably live on the democrat side, but not because I have any faith in that big bunch of frauds and losers, but more because the Republican party is becoming something...scary. Identity politics, overt extremism, 'race to the bottom' style politics, such a nation would not be a pleasant place to live.

You hit the nail right on the head there. I think the thing that some Republicans don't realize that they sound just like the terrorists they are so against.

Old 11-15-2009, 05:10 PM

395 posts, read 511,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityPerson09 View Post
I would live in the Democratic one so I could have a choice of America's largest and best cities to live in

New York City, Atlanta, Philadelphia, San Antonio, Boston, Chicago, El Paso, Los Angeles, Miami, Houston, Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Minneapolis, Pittsburgh, Dallas, Portland, Baltimore and of course D.C. would all be options for the Democrat to live in I'm certain I am missing some of the choices...

Great places if you want to get stabbed and robbed.

Anyhow, I do think that the Republicans couldn't live that way and they would cause a war and bully the Democrats and eventually take over their country.

Old 11-15-2009, 08:17 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,345,633 times
I would live on the side ruled by Democrats because commerce and world relations would be much better. We would have much better schools than "that other nation". Every citizen would have health insurance and our infrastructure would be much better than the Republican nation. Our senior citizens would have housing and they wouldn't have to ration their prescriptions by cutting the little pills in half. Our standard of living would be high because we would invest in our country and not whine about it. I picture a shangri la like Denmark or Sverige(with lower taxes)

The Republican side would have terrible public schools and rampant poverty. Dirt roads and gunfights in the streets. They would dump all of their money into the military. The world would shun them

Do we want to do this North/South...East/West? Just let me know.

Old 11-15-2009, 08:21 PM

1,313 posts, read 1,551,995 times
It would look like this:

Old 11-15-2009, 08:22 PM

1,313 posts, read 1,551,995 times
Looks like the Republicans have more land mass

Old 11-15-2009, 08:27 PM

1,162 posts, read 2,108,455 times
ahh, it would be like 1950's America...clean cut, well dressed, nicely behaved people...no heathans...sounds like heaven. i would never venture to the dark side.

Old 11-15-2009, 08:33 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,235,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicket View Post
The Democratic side would have MUCH better music.

Can you just picture all the radio stations in the United Burgs of Republicanland?

1)Rush Limbaugh Hate Radio 24/7
2)Country Classics (not that there's anything wrong with that)
4)Classic Rock (with a little metal thrown in for the Skinheads)
3)Jesus Radio (not that there's anything wrong with that, either)

and that's it!
There's always XM/Sirius with Howard Stern and Bluesville. Just no Rockapalooza concerts but that's what visas are for. I mean, heck, we have to go to Colorado for skiing may as well go for concerts, too. Don't have to listen to mainstream LA top 40 for good music. Just pay for what you want.

I'm in Texas. I'll just stay here. I can see doing away with the two party system, no party registration, and a libertarian application of a constitutional republic as has always been intended by the revolutionaries.

Old 11-15-2009, 08:49 PM

5,193 posts, read 5,767,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua0 View Post

If what you say comes true, then the Dem Nation would be very clean, have fresh air, active people, less noise and air pollution, and organic food with competitive prices.

The Republic Nation would be polluted, with no curbs in development, filled with sedentary people driving SUVs and trucks, country music all the rage, and National Park-turned-hunting grounds with wildlife dwindling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
I would live on the side ruled by Democrats because commerce and world relations would be much better. We would have much better schools than "that other nation". Every citizen would have health insurance and our infrastructure would be much better than the Republican nation. Our senior citizens would have housing and they wouldn't have to ration their prescriptions by cutting the little pills in half. Our standard of living would be high because we would invest in our country and not whine about it. I picture a shangri la like Denmark or Sverige(with lower taxes).

The Republican side would have terrible public schools and rampant poverty. Dirt roads and gunfights in the streets. They would dump all of their money into the military. The world would shun them.
As a result, they would have no allies and would be invaded by war monging countries that were waiting for their opportunity.

Old 11-15-2009, 09:00 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,767,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
The "Democratic" nation would look like Zimbawe in 20 years. The less productive, less capable would be concentrated in one geographic area with disasterous consequences. They would not use thier natural resources for fear of polluting the environment and would totally dependent on foriegn nations. Emphasis on social spending would produce hyper inflation like Zimbawe and cripple thier economy. After all this, the "Conservative" US would move in with thier superior military force and technology and deport the liberals to Mexico. It would take a few decades to clean the mess they left, but it would be worth it.

Let's get started!
In this theory the rupublican nation would have zero jobs because they would all be outsourced or the standard of living would be dirt because our labor rates would drop to 89 cents an hour to compete with china. Then everyone would kill each other with their assault rifles while claiming to be christian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies