Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 05:06 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,330,973 times

Advertisements

With anything, there is USE, and there is ABUSE.

Americans generally abuse anything they get their hands on.

Doesn't mean marriage should be illegal, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2009, 05:07 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,814,620 times
Yes, anything that grows naturally from God should not be made illegal - the 'war on drugs' is a big farce, costing billions each year, and only serving to criminalze thousands at taxpayer cost.

Last edited by KRAMERCAT; 11-22-2009 at 05:20 PM..

Old 11-22-2009, 05:10 PM

2,203 posts, read 5,087,197 times
Yes, it should be legal...and cheap, like tomato plants.

Old 11-22-2009, 05:19 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,074,064 times
Moooooowhaaaaaa !

Old 11-22-2009, 05:20 PM

18,420 posts, read 19,036,217 times
I have a hard time understanding someone old enough to have two children who are old enough to go overseas to attend a pot festival, wonder if this is ok or not?. does she not have an opinion on this one way or the other? perhaps she is hoping her own thoughts on the subject will be validated. count me with the no big deal crowd. like going to burning man, or other festivals. if you trust your children that even if they might get high they will still be safe then why would you worry. kids will do drugs, drink beer do what ever, where ever. we also have kids who go to parties and don't drink or smoke, so to assume that they are going to smoke dope might not be the case. if you want to know what your children are really doing and what they are interested in the communications should have started long ago.

Old 11-22-2009, 05:27 PM

109 posts, read 172,686 times
Well Holy Moses! And here's the latest from "Jesus Camp"....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
A timely post from my perspective. At church today we hosted 15 young men who are being ministered to by Teen Challenge--a ministry to young people caught up in addictive behaviors like drugs, alcohol and sex. They usually end up in Teen Challenge after having hit rock bottom: living on the streets, in trouble with the law, filled with disease. Right now Cheech and Chong have re-united to agitate for the legalization of pot. These two in particular and Hollywood in general have done much to glamorize and trivialize pot. They are such liars and deceivers. Their influence has helped destroy so many young lives. They ought to be ashamed of themselves. But there is no such thing as shame anymore.

The religious radicals are just as much to blame for demonizing things they clearly have no understanding of. Amsterdam should be used as a prime example of the good that comes out of letting people make there own life choices without the govt and narrow-minded religious leaders telling them what's right and wrong. Look at Amsterdam's crime rate and health care...hmm. We American "sheeple" are getting wise to this and are just starting to understand the economic, environmental, health and social benefits of legalizing a very productive little plant

More power to your daughter OP, she'll be fine. And she'll have some of the best memories to reflect on for her entire life...

Old 11-22-2009, 06:26 PM

768 posts, read 943,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
A timely post from my perspective. At church today we hosted 15 young men who are being ministered to by Teen Challenge--a ministry to young people caught up in addictive behaviors like drugs, alcohol and sex. They usually end up in Teen Challenge after having hit rock bottom: living on the streets, in trouble with the law, filled with disease. Right now Cheech and Chong have re-united to agitate for the legalization of pot. These two in particular and Hollywood in general have done much to glamorize and trivialize pot. They are such liars and deceivers. Their influence has helped destroy so many young lives. They ought to be ashamed of themselves. But there is no such thing as shame anymore.
Where does one begin...

Stupidity knows no bounds...

A room full of half-literate know-nothings waxing poetic about an invisible jew zombie creating the world whilst casting shame towards those who smoke or eat the flowers of a plant.

Thankfully, your level of stupid is dying out-atheism and scientific literacy are on the rise, and cannabis will be legal in ten years.

Old 11-22-2009, 06:44 PM

1,313 posts, read 1,551,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkin about it View Post
Where does one begin...

Stupidity knows no bounds...

A room full of half-literate know-nothings waxing poetic about an invisible jew zombie creating the world whilst casting shame towards those who smoke or eat the flowers of a plant.

Thankfully, your level of stupid is dying out-atheism and scientific literacy are on the rise, and cannabis will be legal in ten years.
That was utterly uncalled for.
Someone is automatically stupid because they disagree with you?
Are you 12?

I see it as being no more detrimental to one's self as cigarettes, personally.
We're going to need the tax revenue from it......

(See? That's how you reply without being insulting)

Old 11-22-2009, 07:48 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,869,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
Scientists have recently begun treating brain cancer victims with pure THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), the part that makes yo high, and it has resulted in the victims brain tumors to shrink considerably. They have theorized that it may help prevent tumors and brain cancer.

Dang, if this is true, then, owing in large part to the 60's, 70's, and the first half of the 80's, then I may well have consumed enough to keep me free from brain tumors until the year 2365. On the other hand......I may well have drank and drugged away at least 70% of my brain cells-----the good news is that those were brain cells I wasn't using anyway.....and the third of a brain I got left is.........uh.........uh......... What was I sayin'?

Old 11-22-2009, 07:49 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,888,203 times
Whew!! I thought for a minute there the thread title said "cannibals."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies