Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 02:06 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,943,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkInVegas View Post
Pot is the whiteboy's drug of choice, and if it keeps them away from all the other bad s*it it should get the seal of approval. Sell in it the produce section at Whole Foods.
Or, you know they could just be responsibile and avoid all illegal drugs.

Shocking! Being responsible
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2009, 03:36 PM

1,747 posts, read 1,954,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3vault View Post
Nice try. But the "pro pot legalization" group is Democratic, which is the party that is big government taking away state's rights, guns, mansions through their taxes.....

The Republican party that wants cannabis to remain illegal is the party that supports the 2nd Amendmen

Besides, the right to bare arms is guaranteed by the Consitution...

Where in the Constitution does it guarantee the "right" to consume drugs?

I must not be your average pothead then.

I believe marijuana should be LEGAL......or completely decriminalized for those 18+ since I KNOW it's not nearly as dangerous or addictive as LEGAL......alcohol is.

I'm NO Democrat, I like Sarah Palin and what Glenn Beck always has to say.
I'm ALL for the Constitution...AS IT WAS once......and I'm pro-gun rights, NRA, Second Amendment, First Amendment and all others in the Const.
I ALSO....am NO Republican.

THAT party got freakin whacked and spent us into debt too.......on pointless, indefinite "war" in the Mid-East......that continues under the Dems to THIS day and without END!

NO......there is NO place actually stating one's "right" to consume drugs....in the Constitution.....but in the BoR and all that can encompass the various meanings of your RIGHT to "Life, Liberty...AND the Pursuit of Happiness"......
WELL.........the latter in this CAN easily be construed as your inalienable RIGHT to YOUR OWN BODY.....as well as FREEWILL!

So....being that mankind has consumed mind-altering substances since the very beginning.....for the "enjoyment of altered states of consciousness" through plant or chemical.......I BELIEVE this can qualify as a right......to many Americans who cherish the ability to make their OWN CHOICES in life.......FREELY.....albeit less so, with each day.

This just might explain WHY there were NO drug laws in the USA......for the first 130 YEARS of its government!

And.......the War on Drugs IS a BIG.....expensive JOKE that also continues without end...and it focuses far too much money, time and resources on marijuana users exclusively.....when everyone knows its the meth, crack and heroin......along with prescrip. junkies and drunks.......that ARE THE PROBLEM more than the pothead sittin on his butt playin video games, ordering out some Chinese or a pizza......chillaxxin.......and finally, sleeping like a baby!
Beats a blackout and a bad hangover.....ANYDAY, IMO!

Old 11-24-2009, 03:40 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,953,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneyear View Post
I left something out, my oldest son is with her, they are together, my son will look out for her. But, they are going to go and smoke cannabis in the coffee shops. Is that bad?

Old 11-24-2009, 04:21 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,354,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3vault View Post
Nice try. But the "pro pot legalization" group is Democratic, which is the party that is big government taking away state's rights, guns, mansions through their taxes.....

The Republican party that wants cannabis to remain illegal is the party that supports the 2nd Amendmen

Besides, the right to bare arms is guaranteed by the Consitution...

Where in the Constitution does it guarantee the "right" to consume drugs?
The only reason it is not supported by the republicans is because they would lose money. The job industry would boom in every field. The millions of dollars they have poured into certain industries would be worth ziltch. The stocks that they have would be worth zilch and people would start making money. This is not good for them, the republicans want to keep us on a short leash, as do the dems. They both have their agendas and reasons for wanting in illegal or not. It all involves money.

Legalize it, end this recesion we are in and get this country rolling again(pun intended). If it were legal there would be a boom in all fields. Why dont you do some actual research that does not end involve wiki or end in .gov.

Oh, and the constitution...its written on hemp and with hemp ink...I think that sums up what out founding fathers thought of the plant. Also, the only reason the constitution garentees the right to bare arms is so that the American people could over throw its government and protect itself from the king and corrupt governments. Back then they did have classifications for drugs. There was tobacco, alcohol, and cannabis.

Again, I ask where have you gotten your info? The politicians? Church? Experience? Or word of mouth?

I have researched every aspect of info I have seen and guess what...most of the info out there is wrong.

It is not harmful unless you smoke it, and even then its nowhere near as bad for you as tobacco.

Old 11-24-2009, 05:18 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,396,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
The only reason it is not supported by the republicans is because they would lose money. The job industry would boom in every field. The millions of dollars they have poured into certain industries would be worth ziltch. The stocks that they have would be worth zilch and people would start making money. This is not good for them, the republicans want to keep us on a short leash, as do the dems. They both have their agendas and reasons for wanting in illegal or not. It all involves money.

Legalize it, end this recesion we are in and get this country rolling again(pun intended). If it were legal there would be a boom in all fields. Why dont you do some actual research that does not end involve wiki or end in .gov.

Oh, and the constitution...its written on hemp and with hemp ink...I think that sums up what out founding fathers thought of the plant. Also, the only reason the constitution garentees the right to bare arms is so that the American people could over throw its government and protect itself from the king and corrupt governments. Back then they did have classifications for drugs. There was tobacco, alcohol, and cannabis.

Again, I ask where have you gotten your info? The politicians? Church? Experience? Or word of mouth?

I have researched every aspect of info I have seen and guess what...most of the info out there is wrong.

It is not harmful unless you smoke it, and even then its nowhere near as bad for you as tobacco.
Perfectly cogent!

Old 11-24-2009, 05:19 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,597,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneyear View Post
Seriously, my daughter is visiting the Netherlands and the cannibes festival, do you think this is ok? I'm not a prude but I wonder about her actions...thoughts?
Oh I envy her

Old 11-24-2009, 08:36 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,050,220 times
Smoking and Tobacco Use :: Fact Sheet :: Fast Facts :: Office on Smoking and Health (OSH) :: CDC

Alcohol and Public Health - General Information on Alcohol Use and Health

Medical cannabis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's all about the money and hypocrisy. The number one killers are legal and people pay sin taxes. Anyway, instead of just repeating what a million members have posted, here is just a bit of info to ponder.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:38 PM

173 posts, read 610,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Smoking and Tobacco Use :: Fact Sheet :: Fast Facts :: Office on Smoking and Health (OSH) :: CDC

Alcohol and Public Health - General Information on Alcohol Use and Health

Medical cannabis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's all about the money and hypocrisy. The number one killers are legal and people pay sin taxes. Anyway, instead of just repeating what a million members have posted, here is just a bit of info to ponder.
It didn't ever cross your mind that the reason it's the number one killer IS because it's legal?

Ofcourse alcohol will kill more people, as it's much easier to get hold of. Not to mention it's perfectly legal. And yes alcohol can be worse than weed, if it goes to alcoholism and drug addiction. But if you're talking about just using it once a week, or even once each two weeks. The difference is not as big as you would belive.

Old 11-24-2009, 09:18 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,050,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Amuse Myself View Post
It didn't ever cross your mind that the reason it's the number one killer IS because it's legal?

Ofcourse alcohol will kill more people, as it's much easier to get hold of. Not to mention it's perfectly legal. And yes alcohol can be worse than weed, if it goes to alcoholism and drug addiction. But if you're talking about just using it once a week, or even once each two weeks. The difference is not as big as you would belive.
That actually was part of the point I was making - I just didn't go into what so may others had already said. The data shows the adverse effects of the 'legal' substances, both short term usage and long term, and it also shows the benefits being found from the one that is illegal. Only point I was making.

Old 11-24-2009, 09:26 PM

1,747 posts, read 1,954,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Amuse Myself View Post

The problem with alcohol in comparison with using marijuana.....is that with alcohol, it REALLY doesn't matter if you drink once in a while or everyday........BAD judgment can so EASILY SNEAK up on you, depending on so many variables (drink, food on your belly or not, weight, rate of consump, etc, etc. AND without even realizing it.....you are saying the stupidest stuff, acting like an idiot or a jerk......or far, far worse!
AND....it only takes ONE too many and it can happen.....and does, to many a social drinker as well as your daily drunk.

MARIJUANA.......is very easy to regulate regarding intake and frequency. Potency is determined....immediately....except with "creeper weed" that can catch you by surprise. Generally, 1 or 2 tokes....you KNOW! Either it's a bit weak....so you toke a few more times....or your good to go......feelin alright for while.

Ending up drunk......ain't NEARLY so fun in comparison!

Either way.....the loss of judgment that may or may not come with ones use of pot.....only depends on experience with it and is minimal more often than not. NOT EVEN close to the detrimental effects from a bit too much alcohol!!
Stoned people just don't lose there poop like those who have "a few too many" and end up creating a miserable time for anyone around them.....in sooo many ways!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies