Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 03:18 AM

1,780 posts, read 2,354,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by th3vault View Post
Keep it illegal. Punishment for posession of any amount, no exceptions. Enforce the drug laws.

No recreational or medicinal usage. Totally illegal.
Can I ask why you think this? You have to have some reason. if its just you buy into everything the government tells you about it, then we can move on and just ignore your ignorance. That is usually the case. The other times it is someone who says It ruined their life. This is actually a lie they have come to believe after telling others. Drugs and alcohol, however powerful, do not ruin lives. The people who choose to do so ruined their own life. There are millions of people out there that live functional lives, work, pay taxes, go to church, and other normal life activities and they both drink and do other recteational drugs. If you are one of those that say it isnt healthy for your body, this as well is a lie. Cannabis is not harmful to your health, it is the smoking that is harmful. Digesting it however has no harmful effects.

more people die from aspirin every year they any one has ever died of marijuana. Guess how many people have died from marijuana? ziltch, nadda, zip, none, zero. Thats right, not one person in recorded history has died from the use of marijuana. I am not saying people havent died from it idirectly but that is only because it is put in the criminal element. make it legal and any and all crime connected to it will stop. Sure, you may have someone smoke a joint and get behind the wheele but these people are the same people who drink and drive. You cant stop them, you can only pray they dont kill anyone.

Then there are the religious people who believe everything their little book tells them. They buy into every word their profit, president, pope, prient, bishop and other reliegious figures tell them. If they were told that breathing air was evil they would suffocate to please their god(s). Sorry, but these people have no credibility when it comes to stuff like this. Actually they have little credibility at all.

So which one are you? My vote is one the general uniformed person who believes everything the government tells them. I however chose to find out the truth. I dare you to try it if you havent. It will change your life, for the better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2009, 03:24 AM

1,780 posts, read 2,354,218 times
Quote:
There are many "right to work" states were you could. Not every state is California.

If someone comes in smelling like pot, an employer could fire them for violation of dress code...just like employers can fire men who come in with way too much cologne or women with too much perfume.

If someone comes in with bloodshot eyes and is stoned then they can be fired for that. Just like coming in with a hangover can get you fired.

By the way, there are employers in this country that do not allow you to smoke tobacco and if you do they fire you. Perfectly legal.
Ah, yes that whole thing. I can guarantee you that no one who smokes marijuana would ever work for such a place. Plus, if it was legal, so many jobs would open up we wouldnt have to worry about losing a job.

Wanna know how many products can be made from Cannabis? 5000+ this includes, medicine, oil, paper, clothes, building material, electronics, food, and many other product types. So, you want to keep a plant that has no ill effect illegal and keep our job market and economy the same? Wow, you must have stock in fossil fuels or something else that would be hurt by it being legal. Oh, thats another thing...we wouldnt need to cut down trees anymore, drill for oil and many other jobs would be lost as well. But compared to how many would be generated...the loss is worth it.

Old 11-24-2009, 05:00 AM

3,283 posts, read 5,209,662 times
Quote:
Keep it illegal. Punishment for posession of any amount, no exceptions. Enforce the drug laws.

No recreational or medicinal usage. Totally illegal.

another cheerleader for Big Government! Keep cheering, they'll be coming for your guns next! ......oh, and your SUV's, mcmansions, healthcare, the 'right to work states', your right to free speech, hunting, eating meat, fast food, .....

it saddens me deeply to think that we live in a country where a good portion of the population has such a distorted view of freedom!

aahhh, the Nanny State, how wonderful!

Old 11-24-2009, 07:02 AM

173 posts, read 610,128 times
It's not as simple as "Illegal or not" .

Take a country like Finland, where it's looked down upon by the youth and it's very rare to see someone that does it. We don't have many drug addicts here, why? Because it's not legal and it's hard to get hold of. Making it legal would make it possible for people to import it from other countries, or bring it back home which would sky rocket the amount of drug users they have there.

In the Netherlands they already have a high amount of people using drugs, and by making it legal but it's only sold in 'Coffee shops' The government there make sure that whatever is sold is the 'Clean' stuff. And they are the ones that sell it, so it's in their hands.

It's also legal to have a plant, but there is a certain amount you may have. But yes you can grow a plant at home, as long as you don't grow too much.

Just because they made it legal doesn't mean that they like it. It was just the better of two choises. So what might work in one country, might not work in the other.

And for the guy that said The Netherlands had one of the lowest crime rates in europe. I find this shocking and would like to see where you got that from. They might have low compared to America, or to some of the more dangerouse countries in europe. But in no way are they one of the lowest.

Old 11-24-2009, 07:12 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
The only reason pot is illegal in the first place, is because the paper pulp industry many years ago, lobbied congress, because they saw it as a threat to their industry.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:13 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,074,064 times
It is absurd and unfair for Cannabis to be illegal while Booze is legal. This is even more surprising, Salvia is still legal in most states and look what it does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JPfnJVEr8E

Old 11-24-2009, 08:23 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,728,990 times
I think it and all other drugs like methamphetamine, pcp should be legalized if and only if all drug users are tossed off welfare handouts of all kinds. No more freebies for any of them and then make it as legal as you want. No more babies born to crack heads either because no drug user should get anything free, so all that should ever be offered to any drug user would be a one time cash handout in exchange for surgical sterilization and if they waste the cash on drugs which they probably would, fine.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:30 AM

68 posts, read 65,239 times
Pot is the whiteboy's drug of choice, and if it keeps them away from all the other bad s*it it should get the seal of approval. Sell in it the produce section at Whole Foods.

Old 11-24-2009, 09:01 AM

1,747 posts, read 1,954,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
It is absurd and unfair for Cannabis to be illegal while Booze is legal. This is even more surprising, Salvia is still legal in most states and look what it does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JPfnJVEr8E
Salvia SUCKS!

It's far too weird and even a bit terrifying for a few minutes after taking a couple big tokes of it.

NO....I don't think it should be illegal, but it probably would be if a LOT more people were into it, like marijuana.

The effects from Salvia Divornum mimicks a very bad acid trip....that fortunately, only lasts for a few minutes. Or, at least....that's what I recall.

Salvia is NOT worth it to me.....the effects are just too freaky.

This guy sure seemed to enjoy writing his scribble to Congress but.....look at him.
Oh well, at least HE seems to enjoy himself on it.
I sure didn't!

I'll stick with my beloved marijuana instead, thank you.

Old 11-24-2009, 10:30 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,074,064 times
I spent a bit of time looking at You-Tube Videos of people getting high on Salvia, freaking scary and I wouldn't go near it. I laughed for a while and then it just became sad watching those guys so freaking out of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies