Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 10:13 AM

2,842 posts, read 2,329,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Surely you jest! In addition to offering badly-needed coverage to near-seniors who are dying in droves now because they are more vulnerable to diseases and cannot even afford insurance, much less even qualify for it---have you thought of the huge impact this move would have on bringing down the unemployment rate? If all these 55-64 YO's retired that would free up millions of positions that could then be filled with younger people who make up the bulk of the unemployed.
Exactly! I personally know at least 3 people who would retire tomorrow if they could have access to Medicare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2009, 10:20 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,932,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Oh god this is rich! Dude, where do you think the insurance companies get the money to cover your outrageously expensive medical bills? It doesn't just grow on trees, you know. The "insurance companies" didn't pay your family's medical bills, WE DID, with OUR PREMIUMS that we didn't use all of because we had fewer medical issues than your family did.

And your side is b&*%^ing about having to pay for other people's health care, as if we don't ALL already do that as it is, and calling other people leeches who want to take more than they put in???? You people are really a piece of work.
Well I can't speak for you but I have been paying insurance premiums for 36 years. I also understand how insurance works and since I have not filed a claim for a home or car I guess I have paid for all the people that have. That is the beauty of insurance. Do you know how insurance works and why some pay for other's claims? Too simple for you?

I would rather pay for this out of my pocket than through additional taxes too. When ever the government is involved money disappears. If I have a problem with politicians I can vote at the ballot box but the outcome is determined by everyone that casts a vote. It I have a problem with insurance company executives and their salaries I can vote with my feet, I don't have to worry about anyone else's vote.

BTW, what is my side? I don't think I have ever criticized or called anyone a leech that wanted the public option or government run health care. I just happen to disagree with them for reason only. That reason is that the government is too corrupt, too inefficient, and too lame to run any large scale program and they have the track record to prove it.

blowoutcongress.com

Old 12-15-2009, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Sorry, don't believe it.

Most people who are opposed to the healthcare reform bill are totally clueless that they are supporting big insurance because they think groups like Americans For Prosperity, etc., are "real" grassroots organizations and so they don't do the research to find out exactly WHO is funding and WHO is behind such "groups." They simply take crap put out there by these types of "organizations" and "every-day folks" at FACE VALUE without taking the time to find out the truth. Big insurance is behind ALL EFFORTS TO STOP THIS BILL, and they have spent a ton of money working toward that goal. And guess what? Because "most Americans" are so stupid and so afraid to face the fact that this country is actually run by corporations, they just follow along the path created by those who ultimately profit the most, big insurance!

You certainly seem to be supporting big insurance, even if you don't realize it.
Not supporting big insurance just happy they paid my bills. So are my wife and 4 children. I can guarantee you that if it was a government plan the out come would have not been as good as it was. You can keep your head in the sand all you want but it does not change the reality, government run insurance would be a disaster.

BTW I do believe there is a need for insurance reform, not just health insurance, but all insurance, health, home, auto, life, disability, etc.. The only difference is I don't think it is the government's job but rather the consumer. United consumers would be much more successful that government with all its' corruption and lobbying interests.

blowoutcongress.com

Old 12-15-2009, 10:27 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,021,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtAJC View Post
Wow...a politician actually voting his conscience!!! A breath of fresh air!!!!
Joe Lieberman is a political Hack.

Old 12-15-2009, 10:29 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,216,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
Well I can't speak for you but I have been paying insurance premiums for 36 years. I also understand how insurance works and since I have not filed a claim for a home or car I guess I have paid for all the people that have. That is the beauty of insurance. Do you know how insurance works and why some pay for other's claims? Too simple for you?

I would rather pay for this out of my pocket than through additional taxes too. When ever the government is involved money disappears. If I have a problem with politicians I can vote at the ballot box but the outcome is determined by everyone that casts a vote. It I have a problem with insurance company executives and their salaries I can vote with my feet, I don't have to worry about anyone else's vote.

BTW, what is my side? I don't think I have ever criticized or called anyone a leech that wanted the public option or government run health care. I just happen to disagree with them for reason only. That reason is that the government is too corrupt, too inefficient, and too lame to run any large scale program and they have the track record to prove it.

blowoutcongress.com
Amazingly general statements you made there......."When ever [sic] the government is involved money disappears"........"government is too corrupt, too inefficient, and too lame to run any large scale program".......

Great reasoning regarding the issue of healthcare reform, bud.

How about the military? Is that a large scale "program"?

Old 12-15-2009, 10:30 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,928,456 times
Quote:
Do you know how insurance works?
I do. When you pay your premiums the CEO takes that money and buys himself a vacation mansion in the Caribbean. When you get sick and submit a claim, the CEO stamps it, "DENIED" takes that money he would have paid for your treatment and buys himself a yacht in Monte Carlo. Easy as 1,2,3--watch me go on a spending spree!"

Old 12-15-2009, 10:30 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,216,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Joe Lieberman is a political Hack.
Joe Lieberman is BEYOND a political HACK!! He has gone far beyond just being a political Hack, IMO.

Old 12-15-2009, 10:33 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,113,256 times
Lieberman is just having his personal petty revenge on the democrats who didn't support his re-election. He is putting his personal sulks above the good of the country. Everyone who dies due to lack of medical care now will put blood on Lieberman's hands.

Old 12-15-2009, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Amazingly general statements you made there......."When ever [sic] the government is involved money disappears"........"government is too corrupt, too inefficient, and too lame to run any large scale program".......

Great reasoning regarding the issue of healthcare reform, bud.

How about the military? Is that a large scale "program"?
Yes the military would be much better off privately run with some government oversight.

Then maybe the wonderful members of the military would have better benefits, better pay, etc..

I guess you think the government is honest, efficient, and competent? Did you feel that way when Bush was President, or Nixon, or Ford? I thought so.

Great hypocritical stand you have taken bud.

Old 12-15-2009, 10:35 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,021,863 times
Quote:
Joe Lieberman is BEYOND a political HACK!! He has gone far beyond just being a political Hack, IMO.
Your right. I was being too kind but it is the first thing that pops into my head when I hear his name, right after which I also get extremely nauseated.

a political hack: a politician who belongs to a small clique that controls a political party for private rather than public ends
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies