Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 05:05 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,532,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert kid View Post
To me the flag stands for southern heritage, and relation to my southern ancestors. What other people do with the Confederate flag is their business. But the only reason why I responded to you is because you attacked it.
If you love that flag so much wear it to work or your place of business. Let the people around you know that you support everything the flag stands for. If you feel that you cant do that it should tell you something is wrong about your perception of things. I was in a restuarant with my family eating and right in front of me was a 400 pnd A%%hole with a rebel flag shirt on that said if this offends you,you need a history lesson. Do you know what I thought about him and how that shirt affected me and my family. The answer is no you dont and you never will so yeah I hate that flag. Jewish people dont have to go into restuarants and see reminders of the holocaust so why do blacks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2010, 05:10 PM

3,378 posts, read 5,010,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
If you love that flag so much wear it to work or your place of business. Let the people around you know that you support everything the flag stands for. If you feel that you cant do that it should tell you something is wrong about your perception of things. I was in a restuarant with my family eating and right in front of me was a 400 pnd A%%hole with a rebel flag shirt on that said if this offends you,you need a history lesson. Do you know what I thought about him and how that shirt affected me and my family. The answer is no you dont and you never will so yeah I hate that flag. Jewish people dont have to go into restuarants and see reminders of the holocaust so why do blacks
I would but they don't have a "Dixie Outfitters" out in here in the wild west. If you didn't like the guy's shirt, don't look at it, simple as that.

So yeah, you hate the flag, good for you, but your opinions don't make it God honest fact.

Old 05-23-2010, 05:18 PM

Quote:
I would but they don't have a "Dixie Outfitters" out in here in the wild west. If you didn't like the guy's shirt, don't look at it, simple as that.

So yeah, you hate the flag, good for you, but your opinions don't make it God honest fact.
Im sure some member of storm front would gladly send one of thiers to you. As for that guy he was red faced and angry looking the whole time at his wieght and being so mad that a black family could eat in the same place as him he'll be gone soon enough.

Old 05-23-2010, 05:41 PM

3,378 posts, read 5,010,330 times
Quote:
Im sure some member of storm front would gladly send one of thiers to you. As for that guy he was red faced and angry looking the whole time at his wieght and being so mad that a black family could eat in the same place as him he'll be gone soon enough.
I have nothing but pure resentment and contempt for stormfront, and why would you even care what some guy thinks?

Old 05-23-2010, 05:51 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,613,058 times
Quote:
I have nothing but pure resentment and contempt for stormfront, and why would you even care what some guy thinks?
Easy answer to that one, DK. That is the only response they can come up with. It is simply beyond comprehension to that ilk that anyone who disgrees with them on this subject could possibly be motivated by anything sans hate and racism (whatever the hell that means, anymore). Moral superiority, and all...

Old 05-23-2010, 06:10 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,613,058 times
Quote:
Let's...for the 10,000th time, get this treason thing settled. Chief Justice Salmon Chase told Sec. of War Edwin Stanton, the following:

"If you bring these leaders to trial, it will condemn the North, for by the Constitution, secession is not rebellion...His (Jeff Davis') capture was a mistake. His trial will be a greater one. We cannot convict him of treason."

Or what the judge (Franz Lieber) said. He was the one appointed to prosecute the case. He admitted, stated bluntly in fact, "After studying more than 270,000 Confederate documents, seeking evidence against (Jefferson) Davis, the court discouraged the War Department: 'Davis will be found not guilty,' Lieber reported 'and we shall stand there completely beaten'."

Maybe YOU think secession was treason, but those who actually lived the day (and would have loved nothing more than to hang the Southern leaders) knew it didn't hold water.

Old 05-23-2010, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
Let's...for the 10,000th time, get this treason thing settled. Chief Justice Salmon Chase told Sec. of War Edwin Stanton, the following:

"If you bring these leaders to trial, it will condemn the North, for by the Constitution, secession is not rebellion...His (Jeff Davis') capture was a mistake. His trial will be a greater one. We cannot convict him of treason."

Or what the judge (Franz Lieber) said. He was the one appointed to prosecute the case. He admitted, stated bluntly in fact, "After studying more than 270,000 Confederate documents, seeking evidence against (Jefferson) Davis, the court discouraged the War Department: 'Davis will be found not guilty,' Lieber reported 'and we shall stand there completely beaten'."

Maybe YOU think secession was treason, but those who actually lived the day (and would have loved nothing more than to hang the Southern leaders) knew it didn't hold water.
What ever makes you feel better. Im not ilk. Southern racist are the ilk of the world thats why God had them lose and die by the hundreds of thousands

Old 05-23-2010, 06:58 PM

Quote:
I have to give you credit I dont believe you are a storm fronter. I just get angry about the love for that flag. I see it almost everyday and I hate to see it. What if I drove around with a black fist on my car tag,besides being constantly stopped by cops Im sure whites on the road would be angry about it, well thats how I feel everyday. As that flag reminds me that Im not seen by all Americans as a true citizen of this country.

Old 05-23-2010, 08:00 PM

217 posts, read 125,871 times
Quote:
Yeah I said it. I live in sc let the good ole flag wavers try to start it again with sucession. I will be in the Northern army helping to stomp thier racist guts out. This time at the end no quarter all treason supporters killed on the spot. That stupid flag brings a raging hate out of me. Keep it up though,waving that flag calling us the N word killing little girls with bombs all that stuff is why we have and will continue to overcome.

Secession,Their. There now we can read your pathetic childish rant in English.

Old 05-23-2010, 08:02 PM

217 posts, read 125,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Call it what you want.

The South formed a gang and attacked America.
Someone needs to send the traitor back up north.

Nothing prettier than a north bound yankee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies