Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2010, 01:20 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,493,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
I live in Florida, and grew up down here watching Rednecks drive around with that flag. They were all idiots and bigots who said ****** all the time.
Well, I live in Memphis and I have never heard anybody say ****** other then black people among each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 01:24 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,343,835 times
Pull down that treasonous rag forever!

Old 01-19-2010, 01:26 PM

3,378 posts, read 5,011,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
Nope, not treason. May it forever fly.

Old 01-19-2010, 01:27 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,393,592 times
Quote:
It will come down soon and be placed where it belongs in a horror museum

Old 01-19-2010, 01:27 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,343,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert kid View Post
Nope, not treason. May it forever fly.
It sure is treasonous!

Old 01-19-2010, 01:32 PM

3,378 posts, read 5,011,051 times
Quote:
It sure is treasonous!
Oh no it sure isn't.

If you bring these leaders to trial, it will condemn the North, for by the Constitution, secession is not rebellion...His (Jeff Davis') capture was a mistake. His trial will be a greater one...we cannot convict him of treason." -Cheif Justice Salmon P. Chase

Old 01-19-2010, 01:45 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,694,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
I don't have to shut anything up pal. This is America, and if I want to profess my dislike of that ugly flag, then I'll do just that. If you don't like freedom of speech, then maybe you get out.
What makes you think YOUR freedom of speech is any different than who flies the flag? They are exercising their freedoms just as you just did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
I disagree because some people in the South still are racists & the Confederate flag is not American anyway. It would be like a bunch of German people coming here & wanting to wave the Nazi flag. It may be legal but it isn't very smart. Maybe that's the issue. Pro-confederates aren't very smart and certainly aren't very American either.
I was not aware that the southern STATES were of a different country than the UNITED STATES.

Ask residents (legal) in the states of Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, N.Carolina, S.Carolina, Kentucky, Georgia, Florida (if I missed any, I apologize) if they are Americans. Last I knew, they are and always have been.

That German stuff is funny. Makes no sense at all.

Quote:
I agree that individual people should have the freedom to wave whatever flag they want. But any public land should be forbidden to allow non-American flags. Who would want the flag of China or Saudi Arabia flying over American public land or buildings?
Of course you mean that the confederate flag isn't objectionable because it clearly originated on American soil, representing a large section of AMERICA.

I do agree, however that MEXICAN flags have no place on AMERICAN land and should NEVER be displayed on any public land. Mexican flags are flown by NON-Americans and have no place here.
Quote:
Big problem is that confederates killed Americans. Nothing to be proud of unless a person is an enemy of America.
The confederates WERE Americans. THEY LEGALLY RESIDED IN THE UNITED STATES.
Quote:
Treason? They were attempting to over-throw the government?

Old 01-19-2010, 01:47 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,021,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
Mississippi had a public vote over the state flag. It continues to fly.
Voted overwhelmingly to keep it. But to be fair - the new flag they designed no one liked, and had nothing to do with MS
history. Should go back to the Magnolia Flag IMO.

Old 01-19-2010, 02:51 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,269,913 times
Quote:
It sure is treasonous!
No, it is not treasonous.

I have the Stars and Bars at my home. If you were to ever visit me, I would suggest, STRONGLY, you not make or take, any "hostile" movements or actions against that Flag

Old 04-26-2010, 06:36 PM

295 posts, read 320,585 times
Default Just what/cause what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcause View Post
Rip the flag up and burn it.

You have a nerve, what do you believe in? You'd probably be pissed off if someone burned or ripped up the CUBAN NATIONAL FLAG, right?

I have an outdoor fire pit and my fire starting fuel is, posters of LENIN, MARX, CHE, CASTRO, and my favorite flags to burn are COMMUNIST and that RAINBOW FLAG!!!!!
KEEP THE CONFEDERATE FLAG FLYING, it represents WAR VETERANS and they are AMERICAN VETERANS, even our first Black President has acknowledged that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies