Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 06:39 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,203,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
This is an issue where I think a public vote should decide the outcome.

really?

then a public vote should also decide if reparations for ancestors of slaves should get as well.

the flag is a states rights issue, not a federal issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2010, 07:08 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,391,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stars&bars View Post
KEEP THE CONFEDERATE FLAG FLYING, it represents WAR VETERANS and they are AMERICAN VETERANS, even our first Black President has acknowledged that!
Are you going to go through and dredge up every Confederate flag thread on this site?

What part of SC do you live in?

Old 04-27-2010, 06:35 PM

295 posts, read 320,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
Are you going to go through and dredge up every Confederate flag thread on this site?

What part of SC do you live in?
YES, I am!

Does it bother you? What does SC stand for, SEGREGATED CAROLINAS?

Mississippi would be a better guess, but you decide, okay!

I make every thread my issue, isn't [domain blocked due to spam] a free site and give me a right to reply on all [domain blocked due to spam] or do I have to write opinions to "GRANMA"?

Old 04-27-2010, 06:37 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,240,714 times
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_OufNdUpd4A...0/HK_Lucas.jpg

Old 04-27-2010, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
really?

then a public vote should also decide if reparations for ancestors of slaves should get as well.

the flag is a states rights issue, not a federal issue.
What about the ancestors of NAZIS'?

Old 04-27-2010, 06:40 PM

Default A free america, god bless you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
BEAUTIFUL! I love it, you made my day!!!

Old 04-27-2010, 06:50 PM

383 posts, read 222,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
Georgia also had one.. They voted to remove the Confederate flag from their state flag and replace it with a version that was 75% of the Stars & Bars as opposed to 50% Battle Flag. The sad part is, most people in the state - and indeed the country - probably do not know the difference.
Um. No we didn't we had a traitor for governor who changed the flag and we booted him out of office and elected someone who said they would let us vote on the flag and then didn't let us vote on the original flag but some different version.

Old 04-27-2010, 06:58 PM

37,222 posts, read 19,219,451 times
If an individual in S.C, or for that matter any other state, chooses to fly a CBF to commemorate their tratorious great-grandfathers who staged a terrorist attack on the United States and got their butts stomped, I say Hey! America is a free country in spite of the South. Let them do what they want to remind everyone that there was no history before 1861 nor after 1865.

As for the State, it should strike the colors and relegate them to a museum along with the flags from all other wars. They do not represent the views of the citizenry any more.

Old 05-22-2010, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
If an individual in S.C, or for that matter any other state, chooses to fly a CBF to commemorate their tratorious great-grandfathers who staged a terrorist attack on the United States and got their butts stomped, I say Hey! America is a free country in spite of the South. Let them do what they want to remind everyone that there was no history before 1861 nor after 1865.

As for the State, it should strike the colors and relegate them to a museum along with the flags from all other wars. They do not represent the views of the citizenry any more.
The Confederate Battle flag represents thousands of AMERICAN SOLDIERS WHO DIED FOR A CAUSE, how can anyone put this flag in a museum and say, THE WAR BETWEEN THE STATES NEVER TOOK PLACE, WHO???

True, the Confederate States of America was shortlived but if it still brings attention in the YEAR 2010, GODDAMN, it sure as hell means something to THOUSANDS WHO WILL NEVER FORGET THEIR DUTY AND HONOR and never let history be re-placed with this so called JUDEO-CHRISTIAN LOVE AFFAIR!

Mississippi can still be proud that Governor Haley Barbour put the flag issue to a VOTE and by a 2-1 MARGIN, THE PEOPLE OF MISSISSIPPI VOTED TO RETAIN A GREAT PIECE OF THEIR CULTURE AND HISTORY!

As for traitors, look at those Clintons who really know how to play POLITICS...Hillary is a NEW YORK senator with an Arkansas smile,TRAITOR to the people of her own state!

Old 05-22-2010, 08:22 PM

37,222 posts, read 19,219,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stars&bars View Post
The Confederate Battle flag represents thousands of AMERICAN SOLDIERS WHO DIED FOR A CAUSE, how can anyone put this flag in a museum and say, THE WAR BETWEEN THE STATES NEVER TOOK PLACE, WHO???

True, the Confederate States of America was shortlived but if it still brings attention in the YEAR 2010, GODDAMN, it sure as hell means something to THOUSANDS WHO WILL NEVER FORGET THEIR DUTY AND HONOR and never let history be re-placed with this so called JUDEO-CHRISTIAN LOVE AFFAIR!

Mississippi can still be proud that Governor Haley Barbour put the flag issue to a VOTE and by a 2-1 MARGIN, THE PEOPLE OF MISSISSIPPI VOTED TO RETAIN A GREAT PIECE OF THEIR CULTURE AND HISTORY!

As for traitors, look at those Clintons who really know how to play POLITICS...Hillary is a NEW YORK senator with an Arkansas smile,TRAITOR to the people of her own state!
I had at least a dozen ancestors on both sides of my family that I can identify who fought in the Civil War. My GG Grandfather was wounded in Richmond by a sniper while on his way home from the Second Manassas.

My Father's family was in Virginia (Mecklenburg) early enough that I can trace a direct lineage to Samuel Mathews, Jr., who was a member of the Virginia General Assembly as early as 1624 and later served as the Colonial Governor of Virginia , and my Mother's side showed up in Charleston @ 1690. They have been in Richland County in SC since 1741.

I have had relatives who fought in every war this country has participated in, including three in the Revolutionary War.

I still do not understand the fascination with a scant five years from 1861-1865 when a petulant South picked a fight with The Union and got it's ruddy ass stomped into the red clay. It seems like of all the wars that Southerners have ever been in, this one in particular would be the one that they would truly want to hide in the closet.

For every individual in the South who truly wishes to honor their "heritage" by flying the CBF and forgetting that this was merely one of a myriad of flags that have flown in this country in times of war, there must be at least fifty loudmouth SOBs who wish that Civil Rights could be repealed, Jim Crow be reinstated, and that the South could return to the days of easy living on plantations where the slaves did the work while the white men played - a romantic vision that never existed except in infinitesimally small pockets of concentrated wealth. For those who scream "heritage" and sit on their tongues while the neo-nazis co-opt the CBF that they hold so dear, all I can say is that if you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas.

Confederate soldiers, BTW, were never at any time AMERICAN troops. The entire war was fought attempting to destroy the very union that would have given them the legitimacy of being Americans. They were traitors, treasonous, and their actions in attacking Fort Sumter are at a level that today would be treated as a terrorist attack.

So much for the Romance of The Old South.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies