Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 09:12 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,509,647 times

Advertisements

abortion is a non-issue.

All Congress has to do is pass a law that outlaws abortion and disallow any court from ever hearing an abortion case again. I think it is Article 2 of the Constitution that gives them control of the courts. Even though the courts now control Congress. I digress.

As long as politicians have single daughters and granddaughters then abortion will be legal. You can count on that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2010, 09:46 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,201,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by specialrequest View Post
I always find it interesting when discussing the abortion issue with prolifers, to find that most of them believe in the death penalty- so life is sacred only up to a point I guess-
All depends. For example, lets say that this guy is a proven serial killer. In this case, the death penalty for him is fine with me.

Another example: I see a legal bull moose while hunting, and I kill it. Since I hunt for meat (to consume it), I have no problems killing it.

Not so for abortion in my family in cases of unwanted pregnancies, however. In relation to your family members, i have no problems whatsoever, since you don't have to answer to me.

Old 02-20-2010, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Yep. Or unless you are gay. That is how "prolife" they are.
How about if the person is gay and pro-life? Have you considered that situation before writing such a comment?

Old 02-20-2010, 09:52 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,577,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I've heard stories from abortion providers about this. There have been cases where the people who have been active protesters have an abortion and claim their situation is different. ::Of course it is sweetie:: Then they go right back to the protest line when it's over.
Oh I know. You know those 2 conservatives I mentioned in the OP. Same thing. She is "pro life". She told her daughter to be Christian and "prolife". Her daughter told me she found out her mother had an abortion. She went up and asked her mother what was the meaning of this. She thought her mom was always "prolife" like how she told her. Her mom said it was different for her and that she always was and will be "pro life".

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
How about if the person is gay and pro-life? Have you considered that situation before writing such a comment?
Oh yeah. I thought about that one. There are some exceptions of course. I know there are some gay people who are so called "prolife". I am mainly talking about the conservatives who oh so religious and always talk about the godless liberals having abortions.

Old 02-20-2010, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Truer words never spoken. The idiot Bush and his band of thieves had only ONE agenda, raping the U.S.Treasury and taxpayer.
Who do you think is going to pay for Obama's spending? Are you assuming that Golden Sacs will return the bailout money to the American tax payers? Do you believe that they will stop their fat bonuses and return the money to us? How about GM, Chrysler, and their unions? Will these return the bailout money to the tax payers?

Last edited by RayinAK; 02-20-2010 at 10:09 PM..

Old 02-20-2010, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I've heard stories from abortion providers about this. There have been cases where the people who have been active protesters have an abortion and claim their situation is different. ::Of course it is sweetie:: Then they go right back to the protest line when it's over.
And the other way around. For example the last I knew, the person who made Roe Versus Wade possible regretted the abortion she had. In my view a lot of you are generalizing based on emotions. There are all kinds of examples from all sides of the spectrum one can come-up with.

A lot of people have had abortions early in life, and later have become pro-life. Some others go through abortions late in life, not necessarily themselves, but their children. It's only human for any of us to go through such things. Being pro-life, or the opposite, is not written on stone.

Old 02-20-2010, 10:04 PM

527 posts, read 467,917 times
Quote:
All depends. For example, lets say that this guy is a proven serial killer. In this case, the death penalty for him is fine with me.

Another example: I see a legal bull moose while hunting, and I kill it. Since I hunt for meat (to consume it), I have no problems killing it.

Not so for abortion in my family in cases of unwanted pregnancies, however. In relation to your family members, i have no problems whatsoever, since you don't have to answer to me.
That was exactly what I was talking about- picking and choosing when life and or death enter into issues- I don't know if you would call yourself a 'prolifer' and it is really unimportant to me really- I have no problem with the taking of life in hunting, or the killing of a proven evil killer -I guess I have a problem when someone claims to be 'prolife' and then makes qualifications or makes exceptions to the title they have claimed for themselves- there are no gray areas to saying you believe life is sacred than turning around and making exceptions- they should just change the title they give themselves to something more accurate- it is a title that seems to try to put them on some kind of higher moral plane than most really are on-

Old 02-21-2010, 12:37 AM

37,138 posts, read 42,234,436 times
Quote:
And the other way around. For example the last I knew, the person who made Roe Versus Wade possible regretted the abortion she had. In my view a lot of you are generalizing based on emotions. There are all kinds of examples from all sides of the spectrum one can come-up with.

A lot of people have had abortions early in life, and later have become pro-life. Some others go through abortions late in life, not necessarily themselves, but their children. It's only human for any of us to go through such things. Being pro-life, or the opposite, is not written on stone.
This is true.

I support people being able to change their minds and suffering the consequences of their choices.

Old 02-21-2010, 02:13 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,471,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I am just creating this thread because I have been seeing some "pro lifers" crying about how these godless liberals have abortions and how liberals are just putting themselves into extinction. I just love it when "prolifers" post "I wish liberals would just perform late term abortions on themselves".

Whoa! Don't let your life loving "prolife" colors come out!!!

I know of TWO conservative women who had abortions and I am sure there are many many many more conservative women who have.

And no conservative EVER had an abortion, right? Only liberals.

Come on "prolifers". Admit it. Conservatives have abortions too.
Conservatives never:

Have abortions
Go on welfare
Have gay sex
Cheat on their spouse

etc etc...

Old 02-21-2010, 05:56 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Abortion is not an issue to a lot of conservatives. Personally, I think its wrong, but it isn't even on my list of things that I look at with a politician. Republicans use it as bait to rally the religous base every election, then do nothing about it. Dems use it as bait swearing that if Reps get elected abortions will be banned, knowing damn good and well its not going to happen. Its a distraction issue IMO, that is it.

I agree, and would add it's also a very large, fertile CA$H COW for both sides.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies