Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2010, 10:22 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,443,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
I'm not a Rush fan, but I like to give people the benefit of the doubt.

The oil spill may not be natural, but oil is. He said it wrong, but he is not too far off. Nature will break the oil down over time.

Oil Spills - body, used, water, Earth, life, plants, chemical, characteristics, gas, animals, carbon, oxygen, substance, waves, surface, Characteristics of petroleum

And man is not the only cause of oil spills. Here's information about a totally natural "oil spill":

La Brea Tar Pits - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
YEAH MAN! Those pits are just flooding out the surrounding area! Yeah, that's why LA encompasses it and is having zero issues. Not even apples and oranges. More like apples and I-beams. Derrrrp.

Who would have thunk it - the greatest example of evolution in N. America, the tar pits, get highjacked to provide an excuse for a broken man-made oil well in the sea.

This might be a best-seller. In the dramatic fiction section.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2010, 10:43 PM

146 posts, read 223,612 times
Rush is an idiot plain and simple.

also.. I hope someone sends a bucket of seafood that has been contaminated by the oil to Mr. Limbaugh if he thinks it is nothing to worry about then he shouldn't have a problem eating it.

Old 05-03-2010, 10:49 PM

17 posts, read 11,132 times
Default Drill, baby drill

I could not beleive what I heard from the "de facto" leader of the GOP; Rush Limbaugh, this idiot claims that there is nothing wrong with the oil spill in the gulf, that somehow this is part of nature, and it will just "go away"?????, we are talking about a disaster of giantic proportions, and this fat junkie, self procalimed expert, trivializes it as if nothing happens!!!!, the adherence to stupid ideology by the gop alienates the people with any kind of intelligence and/or common sense, is this their plan to re-take the white house?

Old 05-03-2010, 10:57 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,685,125 times
Even worse, he's suggesting that Obama may have purposely caused the oil rig explosion. Just nuts.

Old 05-03-2010, 10:58 PM

604 posts, read 751,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raui View Post
I could not beleive what I heard from the "de facto" leader of the GOP; Rush Limbaugh, this idiot claims that there is nothing wrong with the oil spill in the gulf, that somehow this is part of nature, and it will just "go away"?????, we are talking about a disaster of giantic proportions, and this fat junkie, self procalimed expert, trivializes it as if nothing happens!!!!, the adherence to stupid ideology by the gop alienates the people with any kind of intelligence and/or common sense, is this their plan to re-take the white house?

Don't listen to anything radio stations say said in personal opinion!!
I certainly don't and I'm only 16

Old 05-03-2010, 11:09 PM

1,089 posts, read 655,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keroppininja View Post
Rush is an idiot plain and simple.
I don't like Rush one bit, but to say he's and idiot is not correct. It's the people who listen and believe what he says who are the idiots. He has made millions spinning his lies and half truths, and as much as I dislike what he says, I defend his right to say it.

Old 05-03-2010, 11:11 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,235,303 times
Oil seeps from underground in the Gulf continuously, although not in as great quantity as the current disaster. But clumps of oil tar on the Gulf beaches is not unusual.

Old 05-03-2010, 11:21 PM

No I'm sorry but it is correct.

Being the king of idiots does not exclude Rush from being an idiot.

Old 05-03-2010, 11:32 PM

1,009 posts, read 2,211,226 times
There is no chemical or pollution we can create that nature cannot eventually neutralize. The problem is scale, and size. Nature can deal with naturally occurring oil leaks because they are mild and spread over the whole earth. A man-made oil gusher underneath the surface is not the same thing. In several hundred years, that oil will be degraded, but what about right now? What about the next few decades, when it lingers on the shore and in the water?

Nature can wait millions and billions of years. Even a total nuclear war would not kill all life on earth, that would be almost impossible. Evolution will eventually favor traits that thrive in radiation, or oil, or anything really. Those traits, however, are not human traits.

This oil is bound to cause trouble everywhere it ends up, and part of the 'natural' process of cleaning and diffusing will be organisms ingesting and absorbing oil. We eat a lot of those organisms, because fish eat them. Rush obviously cannot think in logical chains.

Old 05-03-2010, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB View Post
Oil seeps from underground in the Gulf continuously, although not 210,000 gallons per day as the current disaster. But clumps of oil tar on the Gulf beaches is not unusual, these will become common place now.
Fixed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies