Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2022, 07:25 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,551,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
I can't put all the blame on Jimmy. It's a team sport. The O line weren't protecting much in the 4th quarter or getting a push to run and take the load off Jimmy.

When they were up 17-7 in the 4th and were driving to seal the game at midfield, they called 2 bad run plays in a row that forced them to punt and it went down hill for there. That drop INT cost them because the Rams scored.

They played good for 3 quarters and the wheels fell apart in the 4th but it started on that drive in midfield to seal the game and called 2 bad running calls that made them punt. Thinking about it, it was 4th and 2 at midfield, they should have gone for it to seal the game, instead they punted and the Rams scored

Last play, at first it was a bonehead throw but it was 3rd and long and he didn't want to take a sack and make it 4th down and forever so he tried to make something with Donaldson on him. I blame more the play calling and offensive line.
Yep ^^^^^.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2022, 08:13 PM

8,680 posts, read 3,879,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
I’m not a huge fan of Jimmy G but he’s better than Lance. Despite not being popular amount the fans he has done well. Truth be told I don’t think Lance is the QB of the future either. If I had to choose though I’d pick Jimmy G.
The biggest problem with Jimmy is inconsistency (and injuries); hence the reason he has lost popularity. Too soon to give any meaningful prediction re: Lance. The plan was to start him (in preparation for next season) when the Niners’ hopes for a playoff berth were gone. That said, it never happened - right down to the second half of the last game of the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
All that said the 4th quarter was horrible. It was literally our game to lose and we lost it.
No one expected them to be headed to the Super Bowl this year, particularly relative to their offense. I certainly didn’t expect them to have such an exciting playoff run, although there have been several other upsets this year as well. It no doubt made it interesting.

I knew we had a reasonable chance against Dallas; but from my perspective, beating Rodgers and the well-rested Packers in Green Bay was akin to winning the Super Bowl, lol. I’ve never been one to re-watch a game; but that one would, indeed, be worth it. :-)

Old 01-31-2022, 10:48 PM

13,471 posts, read 4,304,071 times
I think Jimmy is fine. 49ers need corners (ball hawks) , upgrade the offense of line and get a stud rb and good back up for a 1-2 punch. Their defense is very physical and I like their attitudes. 49ers proved they are top 5 in the NFC when healthy and don't need to re-build. Just a touch.

They only lost by 3 to the favorites to win the SB. I knew beating the Rams 3 times in 1 year was going to be very tough and they almost pulled it off for 3 quarters.

I say keep Jimmy. Get some ball hawks at the corners because they will play the Rams twice next year and maybe a 3rd time. Give Jimmy the protection in the O line and get a stud as a rb. He has the receivers.

49ers play in a tough division. Just reload.

Old 02-01-2022, 09:07 PM

683 posts, read 854,606 times
I blame the defense in this one. Jimmy actually played a good game until the game ending pick. Which shouldn't have been the game ending pick. I can't wait till they get rid of Tartt. He's such an injury prone bum!

I know it's Trey Day time. I do think he will have the offense looking spectacular. Jimmy is limited but overall he played well for the Niners. SB appearance and a NFC Championship game when he was healthy.

Old 02-01-2022, 09:13 PM

683 posts, read 854,606 times
Quote:
I think Jimmy is fine. 49ers need corners (ball hawks) , upgrade the offense of line and get a stud rb and good back up for a 1-2 punch. Their defense is very physical and I like their attitudes. 49ers proved they are top 5 in the NFC when healthy and don't need to re-build. Just a touch.

They only lost by 3 to the favorites to win the SB. I knew beating the Rams 3 times in 1 year was going to be very tough and they almost pulled it off for 3 quarters.

I say keep Jimmy. Get some ball hawks at the corners because they will play the Rams twice next year and maybe a 3rd time. Give Jimmy the protection in the O line and get a stud as a rb. He has the receivers.

49ers play in a tough division. Just reload.
I like Jimmy but no way. Trey is on his rookie contract and he needs to get on the field.

49ers also need the cap room. They should trade him. Dee Ford should be cut after June 1st.

Old 02-01-2022, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deboinair View Post
I blame the defense in this one. Jimmy actually played a good game until the game ending pick. Which shouldn't have been the game ending pick. I can't wait till they get rid of Tartt. He's such an injury prone bum!

I know it's Trey Day time. I do think he will have the offense looking spectacular. Jimmy is limited but overall he played well for the Niners. SB appearance and a NFC Championship game when he was healthy.

Rams have too many weapons on offense. Kupp is pretty much undefendable and add Odell to the mix and that's the weakness of the 49ers defense, their corners. I mean holding them to 20 points at their place is pretty good. Rams scored 30 on the Bucs on the road.

They were up 17-7 in the 4th and were at midfield to seal the game and that's when the O line fell apart. Couldn't get a push to get 2 yards for a 1st down and couldn't protect. Bad play calling. 4th and 2 at midfield to seal the game and the coach decided the punt when they had to go for it. Rams scored anyway after the punt so he had to go for it. When you are up 17-7 in the 4th and at midfield to seal the game you don't get defensive, you put the gas on the pedal and go for it. It was only 2 yards. It's house money, you are are up 17-7. Bad play calling.

Old 02-02-2022, 05:53 AM

5,723 posts, read 4,700,020 times
You do realize that if the interception is made, the game would have been over. Stafford has a lot of weapons, but throws a lot of picks.

Old 02-02-2022, 09:30 AM

381 posts, read 171,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
You do realize that if the interception is made, the game would have been over. Stafford has a lot of weapons, but throws a lot of picks.
No, the only QB who throws picks is Jimmy G.

Stafford didn't throw 4 picks in the 2 season starts against the Niners or throw a pick on the goal line to a double covered Kupp. He didn't lead the league in picks with 17 during the regular season.

and Dak prescott didn't throw a pick during his one and only playoff game versus the Niners, only Jimmy threw a pick, I learned all these things from consuming massive quantities of national media after watching Niners games.

Jimmy isn't some world beater QB or the reason the Niners would've won a Super Bowl but there's just a narrative that's been played out around him for several years now and that's that. It's too bad.

I watch alot of the coverage, across all the networks, from FS1, to ESPN, to CBS Sportsnetwork, Jim Rome, Cowherd, Skip and Shannon, Dan Patrick, boomer and gio, Greenberg, First things First, Around the Horn, Pardon the Interruption, even Stephen A. Smith,

...and not once did they show his goal line pick to Kupp or mentions Dak's INT. It's just the way it is.

Yes, it's basically time to move on from Jimmy just based on a rookie contract for Trey but the portrayal of Jimmy G. has been brutal, they came back from 17 pts down the last time and they didn't do that by just running.

Ok, rant off.

Old 02-02-2022, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
not over unless 49ers score but the 49ers could have wasted some time and made the Rams defense desperate to take chances to take the ball back. If the 49ers O line couldn't push or protect in the 4th then that INT would have been a punt for the Rams. If the 49ers caught that INT, they would have the ball on their side of the field but if they can't get a first down then it doesn't matter the drop INT if you can't score.

That drop INT hurt but it didn't cost the game for the 49ers. They had 3 bad possessions in the 4th quarter that they couldn't protect or run and punted 2 times in the 4th quarter and threw the game winning pick that sealed the game. I blame the O line more and the play calling more than the dropped int.

Old 02-03-2022, 01:21 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,617,716 times
Quote:
Rams have too many weapons on offense. Kupp is pretty much undefendable and add Odell to the mix and that's the weakness of the 49ers defense, their corners. I mean holding them to 20 points at their place is pretty good. Rams scored 30 on the Bucs on the road.

They were up 17-7 in the 4th and were at midfield to seal the game and that's when the O line fell apart. Couldn't get a push to get 2 yards for a 1st down and couldn't protect. Bad play calling. 4th and 2 at midfield to seal the game and the coach decided the punt when they had to go for it. Rams scored anyway after the punt so he had to go for it. When you are up 17-7 in the 4th and at midfield to seal the game you don't get defensive, you put the gas on the pedal and go for it. It was only 2 yards. It's house money, you are are up 17-7. Bad play calling.

I was at the game, and I have to agree with you, as an LA Ram fan I was hoping the 49ers would punt. Then when they brought their offense back on the field I was hoping it was just to try to draw the Rams offsides, and YES, that is all they were trying to do.

I totally agree with you, had the 49ers made that first down, the game may have been over. If they didn't, the Niners still had the lead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football