Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2014, 06:59 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,736,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
No, no, no. These men need to be bred out of the gene pool. I guess, in a way, that's exactly what's happening and that's what should be happening. Further, it's irrational on your part to call a coupling between a broken male and an attractive, healthy female as equitable.
Thanks for pointing that out. That's exactly what's happening - they're breeding themselves out of the gene pool by being bitter, rage-filled, entitled wackos. Who wants to be with people like that? Nobody.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2014, 07:09 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,887,429 times
I never said "attractive, healthy females" should be with broken males. But 1) not every frustrated male is "broken" (that's an automatic female bias) and 2) I think most guys are all too willing to be with women who are weird or even half-insane. Supposing it's the weird females who are more likely to end up lonely, if they'd just try to abide by norms of physical attractiveness, maybe that would solve much of the problem. Most people today are not coupling up in a way that's happy long-term.

Old 06-27-2014, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
I never said "attractive, healthy females" should be with broken males. But 1) not every frustrated male is "broken" (that's an automatic female bias) and 2) I think most guys are all too willing to be with women who are weird or even half-insane. Supposing it's the weird females who are more likely to end up lonely, if they'd just try to abide by norms of physical attractiveness, maybe that would solve much of the problem. Most people today are not coupling up in a way that's happy long-term.
I'd say ALL men who join things like PUA and men's rights bs are angry, weird men.

And what on earth do you mean "by the norms of physical attractiveness?" Is that like saying, If PUA and Men's rights groups males would act normal they wouldn't be lonely?

Old 06-27-2014, 07:24 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,091,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
I'd say ALL men who join things like PUA and men's rights bs are angry, weird men.
Took the words right out of my mouth.

The bitterness, focusing so obsessively on women being "to blame" for the majority of the problem (with no introspection on their own flaws) is not what I'd call a prime specimen. Viewing women as the "source" of sex and intimacy (as if that's their main purpose on earth) and constantly arguing that the women should be the one to change, also a red flag.

Old 06-27-2014, 07:34 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,887,429 times
Norms of attractiveness: long hair, a face that isn't ugly (hard to define in words and somewhat subjective), weight that's not far from the ideal, some curves, clothes that don't hide all curves.... A surprisingly large number of young women don't meet that basic criteria.

Old 06-27-2014, 07:36 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,201,354 times
Quote:
Any male with the propencity to murder or harm is broken. Is there some kind of rule book that I have missed out on? You seem to be moving goal posts. First it's about sex. Then it's about intimacy. Then it's about happy long-term that should fit some ideal you have?

The happiest, most at peace person I know of (Thich Nhat Hahn) is a monk. You guys would do well to visit plumb village and study with him. Inner peace is only established from within. Women will NEVER be able to bring these men peace or happiness. A person has to be ok on their own first before they can be happy in a relationship and these guys do not manage that.

Old 06-27-2014, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Supposing it's the weird females who are more likely to end up lonely, if they'd just try to abide by norms of physical attractiveness, maybe that would solve much of the problem.
No, it wouldn't, because the women would still be blamed by broken males who cared most about looks and would disregard other obvious red flags at first, only later to be all bitter and feeling victimized (and of course blaming the woman that they chose in the first place) when she is as she always was—half insane and weird.

Always blame the woman, no matter what. That seems to be the motto.

Old 06-27-2014, 07:38 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,201,354 times
Quote:
Norms of attractiveness: long hair, a face that isn't ugly (hard to define in words and somewhat subjective), weight that's not far from the ideal, some curves, clothes that don't hide all curves.... A surprisingly large number of young women don't meet that basic criteria.
Did you see the link I provided on the previous page? There are more attractive women then men in the US. It's already inequitable for women.

Anyhow, do you have any advice of how I can protect my daughter from men who hold these views? I wonder if regional demographics play a role as well as education.

Old 06-27-2014, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Audrey Hepburn wouldn't fit all of this criteria. She often was very thin, her signature look was cropped, short hair, and I don't think she could be accused of having an abundance of curves.

Old 06-27-2014, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvira310 View Post
Audrey Hepburn wouldn't fit all of this criteria. She often was very thin, her signature look was cropped, short hair, and I don't think she could be accused of having an abundance of curves.
True.

And once again, it's the weird men who join wacko men's rights and PUA groups who making these outrageous demands, while they (the weird men) have nothing to offer back but their angry weirdness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology