Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2014, 08:53 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,884,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Actually, it peaks in the teens. Marriage ages are a little later now, averaging around mid-20's, which means there are many people getting married at 30+ for the first time, as well as some teen marriages, still. Women's looks do not fade by 30 or even 35, that's laughable.

Resentment at men wanting attractive women? What about men's resentment at women for wanting attractive men? (Isn't that what the SB incident was all about?) These are human problems, not gender-specific ones.
Women's looks usually start slipping by the late 20's. (Men's maybe a few years later.) No point getting mad at facts.

Not sure how much a motive it was in the shooting (some of it was envy about sociability), but yup men resent women for wanting men more physically attractive than they are. It's not good, either. Resentment is basically a bad thing that people should try to lose. Gloating, too - laughing at people for struggling (as in men who fail in dating up) never ends well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2014, 09:08 PM

188 posts, read 250,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misskittytalks View Post
I thought "Wow, these men are my friends, they should want to see me with the best guy in their arsenal but apparently "to have any preferences at all" about a mate is a no-no. I guess I should change this list to "has a bank account and a pulse"."
lol Sometimes I think the reason for this is that IMHO men are more often innately averse to thinking in critical ways about other people. Any level of verbosity regarding specifics of another person's traits-*particularly* men's- makes them uncomfortable. Have you noticed this? Ahhh..the fragile male ego..

Old 06-08-2014, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Congrats, that's getting reported.
Quote:
It's fairly clear that personal attacks are meant to divert from the truth
Quote:
By the way, another reason that today's men are so upset with women

OMG. Please stop the whining- I've only read two pages of this thread and I'm already irritated by you.

Old 06-08-2014, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Unhappiness and misunderstanding are widespread, here and in society at large.
No, just pretty endemic with people like you. Which pisses off others enough to reply to this inflammatory headline topic

Old 06-08-2014, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Women's looks usually start slipping by the late 20's. (Men's maybe a few years later.) No point getting mad at facts.
Quote:
... Gloating, too - laughing at people for struggling (as in men who fail in dating up) never ends well.

You're right. Gloating never ends up well. Neither does hypocrisy.

Old 06-08-2014, 09:48 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,811,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheretomove2014 View Post
This is exactly the same for many women(particularly young girls)!!! It's no justification, you don't see socially awkward/overweight/unattractive women going out gunning down attractive men for not having sex with us.
There was a shooting today with a woman involved.. of course, no one gets "the revolution" part yet.. just two more insane people. Woman/girls are not above shooting people.. it seems. You can't stereotype these situations by gender.

An armed man and woman shouting about a "revolution" opened fire and killed two Las Vegas policemen who were eating lunch in a pizza parlor on Sunday, then fatally shot a civilian in a nearby Wal-Mart store before killing themselves, police said.

Police: Armed man, woman behind Las Vegas ambush that killed 3 - chicagotribune.com

Edit: Jodie Arias and Elliot Rodgers were pretty close on the jealousy 'scales' when it came to their rage and complete homophobia to total isolation.

Last edited by thegreenflute334; 06-08-2014 at 10:25 PM..

Old 06-08-2014, 10:30 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,090,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheretomove2014 View Post
You're right. Gloating never ends up well. Neither does hypocrisy.
I find it ironic that on one hand he's saying that men don't expect that much from a woman's appearance—aren't that unreasonably picky, but on the other hand, he's saying that women's looks are so fleeting that they are already going downhill while they're still in their 20s.

And then complaining over "gloating" over a man who is unable to "date up"? (Meaning, being unable a woman who is higher on the attractiveness scale than he is?) Whoa, whoa, the tragedy! The inhumanity! The guy couldn't snag a 10 (since he's not a 10) and he isn't getting proper sympathy for that!

Last edited by elvira310; 06-08-2014 at 11:12 PM..

Old 06-08-2014, 10:35 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
You haven't posted any facts, yet. lol

Old 06-09-2014, 12:32 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You haven't posted any facts, yet. lol
Sure he has. When a woman hits 27 she is now competing with Betty White for a guy.

Old 06-09-2014, 01:22 AM

1,351 posts, read 2,901,735 times
Quote:
i don't know if that's actually true. what i think happens is that because most women prefer men their age or slightly older (2 - 4 yrs) a man a little bit past his prime can still snag a woman in her prime (physically speaking). this could easily make it seem like "men age better" when in fact what's happening is that we've been afforded a few more years because of women's preferences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology