Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2009, 07:03 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,597,935 times

Advertisements

Barb have a blast in Vegas and Utah!

Hi HDL!

Hammy pls check in and let us know how you're doing.

Have a great Saturday everyone

Old 02-07-2009, 07:16 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,349,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
But from the gitgo, something didn't seem right (imho) . They lowballed you and said "Take it or leave it"! You said fine, but don't expect anything more $$$ (i.e. inspection report). Then they complained about you saying you wouldn't pay to fix anything in the inspection report and scratches on the floor and on the door and now the windows .

It appears to me with everything you've written in this thread, that they were NOT serious buyers and had a change of heart almost immediately. Like after they lowballed you and you accepted, they thought "HOLY CRAP , now what are we going to do ? Oh, I know, complain about ANYTHING and EVERYTHING !!!" Of course, they could be getting a divorce, or losing a job, or waiting to see when the $15K credit will go into effect??? Things happen and it's embarrassing to bring these matters up, so sometimes other things are stated instead .

Okay, so I completely understand your frustration and disappointment . These are TOUGH times, but we Crazy Campers are tough gals !!! Built tough to last long and withstand all CRAZY BUYERS out there ! I'm certain that all the Crazy Campers will be praying that a SERIOUS buyer comes along soon and what with Obama pushing for the stimulus package, hopefully that $15K credit will get some peeps off their tuckus to buy now !

My last home sale fell through a couple of days after COE was supposed to take place. My buyer even did the walk through and I fixed everything they asked me to. Guess what, all contingencies were gone and I still didn't get the earnest money in full ($2500). My agent said that BOTH parties have to sign off on it and guess what? If both don't, it goes to mediation and I might not get anything (I have to prove that I actually had damages per my agent), so she split it down the middle and I had to start over again right when the market was starting to hit a wall.

One day I will tell you peeps about the person who actually bought my home ! That is a great story when retelling , but was pretty horrible going through it !!!

PEACE OUT and Happy Valentine's Day a week early !! We might as well give out love and goodness and sweetness to our SPECIAL friends here and make it a week long CELEBRATION !!! Have a FABULOUS weekend and don't forget to share the LOVE !

Hugs,

~HDL~
HDL GLAD TO SEE YOU GIRL!!Come back more often!! We miss you!
Tell us about that story. I am dying to know now lol

Old 02-07-2009, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy5 View Post
They can walk for any reason listed on the inspection report. The inspector put unnaccetable for our windows on the report even though he admitted they are fine. So they are using that excuse to walk away and apparently, there is nothing we can do. They put down $3400 earnest money but are getting that back. It sucks.
OMG Hammy. I thought you could get the money back once they put it down???? or since the inspection fell through they were entitled to it?

Why would the inspector do that to begin with? about not up to code but really was? I am sorry I feel scatterbrained lol and am maybe missing something????

Old 02-07-2009, 07:26 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NIKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

( I did it )LOL

Old 02-07-2009, 08:08 AM

571 posts, read 1,050,338 times
Happy Birthday, Niki! Have a wonderful day!

May buyers be out in force today!

Anita

Old 02-07-2009, 09:17 AM

394 posts, read 1,049,694 times
Happy Birthday, Niki!

Old 02-07-2009, 09:20 AM

Okay - just venting a little...

Why are there so many naysayers out there??? I'm so tired of people "advising" others to not buy a home because "there will be blood in the streets before this is all over", etc. Where did all the glass is half full people go? Are we only on this thread? Consumer confidence is so important to the economy and actually makes the economy worse when it is low. Ugh!

Okay - thanks for letting me rant.

Old 02-07-2009, 09:31 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,597,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
HDL GLAD TO SEE YOU GIRL!!Come back more often!! We miss you!
Tell us about that story. I am dying to know now lol
I am also dying to know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by In the Pines View Post
Okay - just venting a little...

Why are there so many naysayers out there??? I'm so tired of people "advising" others to not buy a home because "there will be blood in the streets before this is all over", etc. Where did all the glass is half full people go? Are we only on this thread? Consumer confidence is so important to the economy and actually makes the economy worse when it is low. Ugh!

Okay - thanks for letting me rant.
Gotta remember Pines the movers and shakers are out doing their business, not hanging around here reporting on the negativity. There seems to be a number of people that are very frightened to get their feet wet and actually buy. I think they may be sorry when they find they may have missed out, as there is always an if or a but.

Old 02-07-2009, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
I am also dying to know!

Gotta remember Pines the movers and shakers are out doing their business, not hanging around here reporting on the negativity. There seems to be a number of people that are very frightened to get their feet wet and actually buy. I think they may be sorry when they find they may have missed out, as there is always an if or a but.

B-I-N-G-O GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You hit the nail on the head!!

Old 02-07-2009, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
I am also dying to know!

You are so right!!! I love it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate