Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 03:51 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,718,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Cut her a break. We were all young and naive once.
Way back when I was young there was no internet. Many of us fumbled around in our naivety and, because of our lack of experience and lack of resources, made mistakes which cost us greatly down the line. Most of us learned via the school of hard knocks.

In this day and age, so much information and advice is so readily available. I can only begin to imagine how different my path might have been if cyberspace was in my world way back when. But it wasn't and I can't but I learned and continue to learn. Cheers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2011, 04:23 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,476,055 times
For one thing, he's too old for you. He wants to have sex with multiple people and you're still a virgin. He is shady and a player. Once he introduced his gf to you, you should have stopped talking to him right there.

My suggestion, stop talking to him. End the relationship and find someone that is in your age range and who is single. Don't listen to his bs because he's going to go heavy on it so he won't lose you. Be strong and move on before you're sorry that you gave up your virginity for a player. He'll become your first and then take off.

Old 01-11-2011, 06:52 PM

1,496 posts, read 2,439,566 times
No ,no , no

Old 01-11-2011, 07:22 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,315,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Way back when I was young there was no internet. Many of us fumbled around in our naivety and, because of our lack of experience and lack of resources, made mistakes which cost us greatly down the line. Most of us learned via the school of hard knocks.

In this day and age, so much information and advice is so readily available. I can only begin to imagine how different my path might have been if cyberspace was in my world way back when. But it wasn't and I can't but I learned and continue to learn. Cheers!
Cheers right back 'atcha!

You forgot the element of maturation that includes not even thinking to look somewhere for information; trusting your peers over trusted sources, etc.

I still say: Cut her a break.

Old 01-14-2011, 06:01 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,287,554 times
This man is using you.He wants the sex, and he'll probably play nice untill he gets it..After that you'll be one of many..If you won't settle for that you'd best drop this loser and keep yourself available for the love you can get from a monogamous man who will love you and cherish you the way you desire and deserve.

Old 01-14-2011, 06:19 PM

90 posts, read 321,697 times
Nothing more to say to the OP that hasn't been said. He is a creep in every way, without conscience or stability. He does things to you that make you think 'he is the one.' You can get that same feeling from a kindred spirit, not this joke. Wait for the right one. Keep your standards high. Don't compromise. No man has such an insatiable drive that they won't wait for the right one. He's trying each woman out, seeing if there's a fit. Let him fit with someone else. You have different goals, values, and directions. You are upwardly mobile. He isn't.

Old 01-23-2011, 04:22 PM

41 posts, read 84,547 times
And he said he's changing. He said every day he lives without sex, that is how he's changing.

Old 01-23-2011, 05:10 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,868,976 times
Good god, what a jerk.

You guys don't have a relationship, my dear... he's using you for fun whenever he wants to and taking advantage of the fact that you're basically letting him get away with it.

If you were to "be his girlfriend," I can promise you: if he's willing to see someone else while seeing you - and not only not tell you, but also bring her to meet you - he will do the exact same thing to you.

Run like the plague, my dear girl!

Run like the god-damned plague!

Old 01-23-2011, 05:15 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,178,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Good god, what a jerk.

You guys don't have a relationship, my dear... he's using you for fun whenever he wants to and taking advantage of the fact that you're basically letting him get away with it.

If you were to "be his girlfriend," I can promise you: if he's willing to see someone else while seeing you - and not only not tell you, but also bring her to meet you - he will do the exact same thing to you.

Run like the plague, my dear girl!

Run like the god-damned plague!
Isn't it surreal we even get such questions?!

Old 01-23-2011, 05:20 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,013,003 times
You dont treat people you care about the way he treated you. Nothing can change that and the only thing he is changing is his tactics. Everyone deserves to be treated with simple kindness and respect, doesnt matter if its the kid behind the counter at a convienience store or a potential mate. He gave you neither. Life brings enough pain without adding in a using game player, do yourself a favor and leave him to his own devices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships