Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 05:29 PM

968 posts, read 2,618,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
For one thing, he's too old for you.
The end....

I'm sorry but a 23 year old virgin is not mentally or emotionally mature to date an experienced 30 year old man.

Rarely do I do this, but OP, this is your fault. He certainly should have been mature enough to point this out but you are dating "wayyyyyyyy out of your mental/emotional league".

Date someone closer to your age that upholds the same values as you...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2011, 05:41 PM

577 posts, read 1,759,392 times
No he does not deserve another chance. Do not waste anymore time with him.

Old 01-23-2011, 05:43 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,868,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Isn't it surreal we even get such questions?!
It really is sometimes...

I can recally when I was so naive that I may have asked a question as to whether I should have given someone who used and abused me another chance.

I was about 17.

Old 01-23-2011, 05:58 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,114,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemongrass View Post
hmmm, you are right. But then, I probably won't mind having a committed sexual relationship when it's time. So far, he's done too many things that go beyond my boundary and there is no way that I can feel secured around him.

And you are asking if you should give him another chance to break another of your boundaries?

Are you looking to have no boundaries left when he leaves you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Cut her a break. We were all young and naive once.
Yes, but then I turned 12 and I wasn't young or naive.

Quote:
And he said he's changing. He said every day he lives without sex, that is how he's changing.
Why do you believe him? Sure he's changing. At least he says he is. He will say anything to get himself a virgin - to no longer be a virgin.

Why do you value yourself so little that you will allow this man to continue to abuse and use you? Why would you trust him? Has he shown you any respect? and when do you think he will begin to show you any respect?

Old 01-23-2011, 06:18 PM

3,769 posts, read 8,803,481 times
Ummm - NO. NO. NO. He is a clown. If you give him another chance you are guaranteed to regret it.

Old 01-23-2011, 09:48 PM

41 posts, read 84,547 times
So far I am not giving him a second chance, I've blocked all of his emails and stopped talking to him. But apparently he started talking to my friend trying to get my friend convince me. And he said he will leave me alone for a week, so I don't know what's gonna happen after a week?
I feel sad when I think about the fact that he might be pursuing some other girls or having sex with other women

Old 01-23-2011, 10:31 PM

577 posts, read 1,759,392 times
Quote:
So far I am not giving him a second chance, I've blocked all of his emails and stopped talking to him. But apparently he started talking to my friend trying to get my friend convince me. And he said he will leave me alone for a week, so I don't know what's gonna happen after a week?
I feel sad when I think about the fact that he might be pursuing some other girls or having sex with other women
Think about that last sentence ..... you will feel that way constantly if you stay with him.... that is not how a relationship should be. That feeling will go away if you cut contact completely . Your friend is not really a friend if they take this guy's side. He has proven himself already, you are a challenge to him... as soon as you give up your virginity he will move on to the next challenge. Do not give in to this guy. Stay strong.

Old 01-24-2011, 04:46 AM

3,769 posts, read 8,803,481 times
Lemongrass - you made the right decision - hang in there. So much better is coming your way.

Old 01-24-2011, 05:45 AM

2,596 posts, read 5,583,288 times
Quote:
If he won't leave you alone when you told him to, we call that "stalking." Tell him you'll report him to the police if he persists. Tell him you're saving records of all his attempts to contact you (if he does so again.)

I think you really feel sad because it turns out this guy is not who you thought he was. I think you hoped he was some great guy, and it turned out he was a creep. So you are mourning the loss of "fantasy-guy" not the real person this loser is.

Old 01-24-2011, 05:51 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,712,192 times
Quote:
I would bet money that you are right. I think he only sees you as a conquest, a troublesome nut he has to crack open. Once you give in to him, he will lose interest in you.

I'm sorry, but this guy sounds all wrong for you. Stay strong and IGNORE HIM. He will try to sweet-talk you. whenever you feel weak, come back here and read the words you wrote about how he treats you and how he makes you feel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships