Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 08:06 PM

4,698 posts, read 4,086,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagami46 View Post
Let me elaborate. While at work I was thinking (instead of working). How many people believe that unattractive or ugly people have no right or are hypoctites for only wanting very attractive people? Is that a clear question? This is most noticeable when one unattractive person asks out another unattractive person just to get shot down for not being attractive. Or when an attractive person brings on the whole "back off, your out of your league". Do many people believe in "leagues"? Or do you believe in the whole Hitch movie theory. That anyone can sweep anyone off their feet if they have the right broom.
I think you should focus on dating people within your league. If I was an obese man I would go up to obese or overweight women, not bother women who is very unlikely to date me.

Yes I believe there is leagues, and I don't think it is a good idea to date someone outside your league. Inevitably you will feel you can get better, and the relationship will fall apart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2013, 08:57 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,113,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
I think you should focus on dating people within your league. If I was an obese man I would go up to obese or overweight women, not bother women who is very unlikely to date me.

Yes I believe there is leagues, and I don't think it is a good idea to date someone outside your league. Inevitably you will feel you can get better, and the relationship will fall apart.
How do you even know what your "league" is? aside from the extremes which you dont see much most people you see walking around are either average or a little below or above very few 1's or 10's

Old 05-13-2013, 09:01 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,951,296 times
I go after what's my level. Wonder if Steve Urikal is available? Or Screech?

Old 05-13-2013, 09:09 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,955,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I go after what's my level. Wonder if Steve Urikal is available? Or Screech?
Haha. I think you forgot to include a few people on your list. Ferguson (clarissa). Or maybe Carleton?

Old 05-13-2013, 09:12 PM

2,186 posts, read 2,927,055 times
Quote:
So, as an overweight man, does that mean I have to stop dating non-overweight women? My girlfriend is going to be disappointed to learn that she has to become overweight or hit the road.

Old 05-13-2013, 09:12 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,951,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Haha. I think you forgot to include a few people on your list. Ferguson (clarissa). Or maybe Carleton?
I'd date Carleton. He is a fancy dancer.

Old 05-13-2013, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plzeň View Post
So, as an overweight man, does that mean I have to stop dating non-overweight women? My girlfriend is going to be disappointed to learn that she has to become overweight or hit the road.
I mean if you are going to make a sarcastic post, at least get logic right. I said obese, not overweight. Are you obese?

Also, its not like obese people can't date skinny people. But I think people should focus on the people who is within their league. That doesn't mean skinny and obese people are not allowed to date.

Old 05-13-2013, 10:03 PM

2,186 posts, read 2,927,055 times
Quote:
I mean if you are going to make a sarcastic post, at least get logic right. I said obese, not overweight. Are you obese?

Also, its not like obese people can't date skinny people. But I think people should focus on the people who is within their league. That doesn't mean skinny and obese people are not allowed to date.
Actually, I probably am obese, technically. The point was that if you consider "league" to be determined by BMI, lots of people date outside of their league, and some of us do it almost exclusively. The logic was right. I'm sorry you missed it.

Old 05-13-2013, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plzeň View Post
Actually, I probably am obese, technically. The point was that if you consider "league" to be determined by BMI, lots of people date outside of their league, and some of us do it almost exclusively. The logic was right. I'm sorry you missed it.
You do know what is meant by league right? What they are talking about is football leagues.

A team in League B will have a hard time beating a team in league A, and will crush a team in League C. But it does not mean it is impossible for a team in league B to beat a team in league A.

I think it would very silly and hypocritical of a fat person to exclusively date skinny people. If you have other qualities or luck, then you might find a skinny beautiful woman. But most people will remain single.

Old 05-14-2013, 09:53 AM

752 posts, read 1,167,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineleith View Post
People tend to hook up with people that are as attracive or unattractive as themselves - in other words, most couples are similarly matched. It's scientific. Studies HAVE been done.

Reality and likelihood of success aside, of course "ugly" people have the "right" to want whomever they want. Whether or not one should be associating a person's worth with physical attractiveness and devising "leagues" is a whole other ballgame. Seems rather shallow to me.

Here is one case study on the scientific reality that "like attracts like": http://www.elainehatfield.com/ch108.pdf
One of most important treads in my life. Especially this post. From now on I go only after my matches. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships