Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 07:50 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,801,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr74 View Post
Directed towards the OP....

I am in shock that this is happening to you...

I am a parent as well and not a perfect by any means, I am strict as well..and of course my son states that so and so can do this why cant he? So I guess I am scared a bit..

But what I am saying is based on me and what I would do...
You have raised your son whether it was wrong but you did what you thought was best? Children will often go with the easiest route...

And perhaps the parents of this girl felt it was easier to snare your son in rather than worry what their daughter was doing over at your place..

He is an adult...his inheritance is for college..if I were you I would state that he find a major fast and get to it..

Do not bother him by stalking .....he is an adult..but do call him and ask him how he is...leave a message if you haveto..It is his decision..
Step back...sooner or later rather sooner than later he will realize just how important you 2 are to him....

I am so sorry..
Good point - if the money was left for his college education, I would hope there's a way that it can be used only for that. Have him send the tuition statement and pay it from the trust fund, otherwise no money.

If there is money involved, you can't always trust the motives of others. And it doesn't always have to be a whole lot of money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2011, 04:27 PM

1 posts, read 2,907 times
This girl has mental issues, she needs professional help!!! She is extremely insecure and anyone who would be jealous of her boyfriends mom or dad, is deeply unhealthy!! I think she is jealous of his good relationship with his family, she probably comes from a very dysfunctional home with parents who were gone all the time and let her raise herself while growing up!! Most times kids like this not only turn into "wild child" teenagers, but love to grab hold of a "normal and well raised child from a good home" and turn them against their family and into the same as themselves, it is all about envy, jealousy!! I have a son going through the same. After talking to this girls ex boyfriends family I found out, she is what they called "VERY WEIRD" and the relationship ended badly with their son. This same girl was dating my son for sometime, then got mad because he would not go partying with her one weekend so she went out with the ex to scare and control my son into doing as she said in the future. It worked, She a manipulative, "piece of work" and has quite a reputation, Her family is very strange as well, called to meet them one time as our kids had been living together and dating for six years, but got no response, the father sounded very immature and of little class, the mother did not return the call, but several people have come to me to tell me how strange she is as well, they work with her. Listen to your gut as a mother, you are always right!!!

Old 10-16-2011, 04:30 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,545,927 times
if he is grown if he is out of your house. i hear you but its his issue not yours.
be there for him when he crashes but otherwise let him live his life. interesting however,she is overconfident since she controls him now she thinks she can control you,can she?

Old 12-28-2011, 11:39 PM

1 posts, read 2,865 times
I can tell the ages and experience from the response posts. You get one mother in this world who unless she abuses or neglects you will more for you than absolutely anyone else on this planet. You break that connection then it is your loss. Entitled adult children need to grow up. Maybe your mom doesn't care for your personality either. It didn't stop her from raising you. Make an effort.

Old 12-29-2011, 07:34 AM

522 posts, read 1,858,103 times
Would be nice to hear back from the OP.

Old 12-29-2011, 01:04 PM

6,794 posts, read 5,677,009 times
^^ what he said.

Old 12-29-2011, 01:17 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,968,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcmotort View Post
Would be nice to hear back from the OP.
Since the OP posted in April, it isn't likely we will hear back from her.

Note that she never posted after her first two posts in April. And if you look at her profile, those are the only things she has ever posted on c/d.

Old 01-01-2012, 09:51 PM

345 posts, read 996,125 times
Two suggestions: 1) step back and let the son have his space, and 2) put yourself in his shoes and try understand his perspective. Since you can't force him to communicate with you, wait until he contacts you and be pleasantly responsive. Just know that it may be weeks, months, or years. In the meantime, refocus your life on someone who appreciates you or something that brings you joy.

Old 01-03-2012, 06:51 AM

994 posts, read 1,683,873 times
With a son in his 20s.....as a mother you should let him grow up some more...on his own. He WILL make mistakes...that part you can't change...let's hope he learns from them.

Old 02-17-2012, 02:33 PM

3 posts, read 7,908 times
I have similar sitution but the girlfriend starting disrespecting after she had his child n now he feels stuck supporting mother in law n her brother n their still not maried
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships