Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 01:06 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,176,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Okay. That is sensible. Someone makes a concious decision only to find out later on that he made the wrong decision.

To say it is an accident is something I don't agree... "You slept with my sister?"

"Yeah, it was an accident."

"So you are telling me you accidently fell into my sister, and out of my siter and into my sister and out of my siter 38 times?"
lol...I think there is miscommunication ocurring here...

Making a mistake is fudging up at work based on incorrect information or the lask of knowledge...messing up on a recipe...getting corn on the cob instead of coleslaw...

Again when it comes to infidelity the two parties involved already know they are doing something immoral, therefore the secrecy, lies and so forth, they already know it is wrong and yet they continue to do so until they either get caught or finally decide to leave their partners...

Upon getting caught and knowing all of a sudden that divorce does not look so hot, then it is called a mistake? lol..I don' think so...

where did I say in my post that it was an accident? It wasn't it was a conscience decision to commit adultery...therefore no mistake nor an accident...The mistake may have happened when they got sloppy and started slipping nd making errors therefore leading them to get caught..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2011, 10:15 AM

406 posts, read 581,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
A conscious decision can't be a mistake?

Infidelity isn't a mistake. It's a choice one makes.

Old 06-26-2011, 12:15 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,014,548 times
Someone can lose their way and make the wrong choices for whatever reasons. A mistake has now been made. That it was a mistake does not excuse the behavior. Mistakes and excuses are two completely different things. In my own little piece of the world I have never seen someone honestly admit they made a mistake and then also try and use that it was a mistake as an excuse. Nor are all cheaters cut from the same cloth or have done the same things. Some are much worse than others in how and what they did. There is no one suit fits all.

I sometimes tire of the holier than thou people here who see all the world as black and white and act as if they never made an error in judgement, they never lost sight of truth, never lost their way. It happens to everyone including good people who know the difference in between right and wrong. We admit our mistakes, we learn from them, we deal with the consequences of them, we move on. And no, I made it through decades of marriage without cheating but I do recognize that good people make mistakes sometimes. So long as they admit them, and right their mistakes as best they can I am not so special in my rightness that I cant forgive them.

Old 06-26-2011, 12:33 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,151,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
Anyone who claims "once a cheater, always a cheater" is either bitter about the opposite sex or else they've been cheated on.

I never have believed it. People can and do change.
They can and do indeed. mistakes usually bring lessons that we can learn from. and Relationships and emotions have many dynamics.

I have always been a believer in second chances, where reasonable. Because the hardest thing to change is aspect's of one's self. To do it successfully takes courage, persistence and strength. The real strength then comes from maintaining the change.

Old 06-26-2011, 12:41 PM

4,739 posts, read 8,380,063 times
I believe V8 was introduced because of those closet Juice drinkers that were beating the **** out of the casual Veggie juicers that inhabited early San Fransisco.

Old 06-26-2011, 12:42 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,629,273 times
My SO's dad and my SO's mom were, admittedly by all parties, not the loves of one anothers' lives. They were two people who dated in college, and, had an unplanned pregnancy not occurred, would doubtless have dated briefly, parted ways, and gone on with their lives. Unfortunately, times being what they were, and cultures being what they were in their lives, they allowed their families to pressure them into an ill-advised marriage. They allowed societal pressures to convince them to try and make the best of things, and to this end, attempted to do the family thing for the next dozen years, producing two more sons in the meantime. Never really "took," though. SO's dad hired a much younger legal secretary at his work, and for years, they maintained a friendship that became increasingly inappropriate. Eventually, SO's mom and dad split up, and he was free to be with his legal secretary, touted as the love of his life. They married, and eventually had a daughter. About a decade in, SO's dad met a new love of his life...a 27-year old PR assistant helping with a case at his firm. Because this woman is the love of his life, he left the previous love of his life and their daughter, and he and his new lady love moved away together. They've been together for about three years, give or take (two, openly). We recently learned that he's proposed. It's kind of anybody's best guess as to how long it will be before the next "love of his life" makes herself known. At some point, it becomes a pattern.

Old 06-26-2011, 01:33 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,336,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop Staring at my Ass!! View Post
Cheated on her with me, by the way. I was his mistress for over a year until he finally divorced her and married me. He always tells me I'm the love of his life, which is how I feel about him also.

And for those who may say "it will never work out-once a cheater, always a cheater", I'm here to just say that THAT typical response isn't always true. Married 6 blissful years and counting.

Just wanted to let you guys know that a cheater isn't always unfaithful.
I do agree with this. I think most people feel a sense of injustice in seeing an adulterer happy with his lover, but I've known at least one couple that was extremely happy together, and they were both in marriages when their affair started. Honestly, even though people knew about their little taboo trysts, they eventually grew on people as a couple. Most people just accepted that they were meant to be together and that they weren't happy with their previous marriages. I don't think that opinion was universal, of course -- I'm sure the families involved and their friends have an entirely different perspective on this, but ultimately, the marriage succeeded, and they seemed quite happy right up until the day she died (about two years ago now).

Having said that, though, I would wager that this is not the norm. I mean no offense, and far be it from me to start lecturing people on their indiscretions as I've done things I'm not necessarily proud of either, but having an affair is just a bad way to deal with marital problems.

Old 06-26-2011, 02:02 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,799,298 times
Quote:
Cheated on her with me, by the way. I was his mistress for over a year until he finally divorced her and married me. He always tells me I'm the love of his life, which is how I feel about him also.

And for those who may say "it will never work out-once a cheater, always a cheater", I'm here to just say that THAT typical response isn't always true. Married 6 blissful years and counting.

That's good. He may never cheat on you, but you do know that there's a line he's willing to cross if he's not getting what he needs and I'll bet you have to think twice if he answers his cell and says "Sorry, wrong number" or if the guys are having a get together or he's going fishing/camping/hiking/biking/hunting/golfing for the weekend.

I fully accept that people change and the reason he was cheating may well have been that the first marriage was simply to the wrong person, but "once a cheater, always a cheater" is cliche for a reason (as is "the seven year itch")

Old 06-26-2011, 03:24 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,298,735 times
Quote:

Lets hope not!!!

Old 06-26-2011, 04:11 PM

27,955 posts, read 39,817,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin070388 View Post
Infidelity isn't a mistake. It's a choice one makes.
I do not dispute that. However, ones concious decision can be a mistake or in error.

Mistake - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Quote:
1: to blunder in the choice of <mistook her way in the dark>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships