Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2015, 05:09 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,426,157 times

Advertisements

some women just will never learn

the women you described in 2011 still exist and they are pushing 40 with no man or kids and they are growing angry

a degree is a piece of paper, the only reason someone goes for a degree is because it gives you an OPTION, and with options there is a *POSSIBILITY* to make decent money (so the endgame is always about money)

a general 4-yr degree never guarantees you anything though... plenty of people have degrees and they find themselves making a living selling cars or working in retail etc... it doesnt matter

if a person has figured out a way to accumulate a house and does decent financially, why the hell does he/she need a certificate from a college/university?

i guess you really cant fault these women, they have been influenced by the media and other angry single women
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2015, 05:12 AM

44,252 posts, read 64,576,831 times
Guess with a degree, we would know women from 4 years ago aren't suddenly pushing 40.

Old 02-01-2015, 05:22 AM

619 posts, read 655,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1282 View Post
I would not say a type. Just someone I like being around and kinda click with. So I don't think I'm too picky
Kinda think you've just had crap luck so far...your situation sounds respectable and...well, more than impressive. I hope you're able to find what you're looking for...

Old 02-01-2015, 05:36 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,426,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Guess with a degree, we would know women from 4 years ago aren't suddenly pushing 40.
hilarious

Old 02-08-2015, 11:13 AM

2,209 posts, read 2,333,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Many people start college (or return to college) in their 30s/40s.

Old 02-08-2015, 11:43 AM

102,353 posts, read 108,635,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
some women just will never learn

the women you described in 2011 still exist and they are pushing 40 with no man or kids and they are growing angry

a degree is a piece of paper, the only reason someone goes for a degree is because it gives you an OPTION, and with options there is a *POSSIBILITY* to make decent money (so the endgame is always about money)

a general 4-yr degree never guarantees you anything though... plenty of people have degrees and they find themselves making a living selling cars or working in retail etc... it doesnt matter

if a person has figured out a way to accumulate a house and does decent financially, why the hell does he/she need a certificate from a college/university?

i guess you really cant fault these women, they have been influenced by the media and other angry single women
Actually, it's more likely that most of them are married at this point.

Some women figure they'll have more in common with someone with a BA or more. But so much depends on the individual. Some women are afraid that law enforcement is a dangerous profession. People have their reasons for making their choices.

Congrats on your achievements, though, OP! As with anything, it's just a matter of finding the right woman, the right match.

Old 02-08-2015, 01:31 PM

22,145 posts, read 33,752,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1282 View Post
This is kinda a rant but anyway.. So Im a 29 single white male average looks 5'7 brown hair and eyes. Im orginally from Boston and just moved to Dallas because Boston was just too expensive to live. I was in the military been to Iraq twice and saved all my money for a house. So I bought one just outside the Dallas area and have been trying the dating scene. At first it was tough cuz I dont know anyone here but lately Ive had some success. Now most of these women are college educated and the dates go fine. But once we get to the part when they ask where I went to school. I explain to them I dropped out and joined the military everything seems to fall apart and they tell me they want someone like-minded with the same goals. I dont get it. I own my own house, my own car (Acura TL) not cheap, and have no debt besides my house. Not to brag but I have a 401k another one with Edward Jones both about 20k and another 20k in the bank and somehow because I dont have a degree Im not gonna be successful. Im a police officer and make around 60k a year which is pretty good in dallas. Now at first I thought this was just one girl but it has happened to the last three girls I dated. They all want a guy with a degree which I think is overrated but thats just me, I chose a different route. A degree is a great accomplishment but I dont think you need one to be successful. I think Im in better shape than most of the people my age. Anyways whine over.. Think Im overreacting.

Seriously dont worry about it. I never finished college. . A college degree opens doors. It doesn't make you rich. If a woman dismisses you for not having a degree ...... Well from what you wrote it sounds like her loss.

Old 02-08-2015, 02:38 PM

17,653 posts, read 22,742,149 times
Two of the ladies I dated years ago, were sisters of men I served with in the Navy. We wrote to each other, back & forth, & dated when possible. . It worked out well.

Old 02-08-2015, 07:54 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,273,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJ34 View Post
Many people start college (or return to college) in their 30s/40s.
Really you serious about that?

Old 02-08-2015, 07:57 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,859,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiLover217 View Post
Really you serious about that?
Yes there are several people in my classes who are 30.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships