Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Women will you....
Date a rich guy whos ugly, boring, but extremely intelligent 5 20.00%
Date a rich guy who is a little bit below average, extremely boring but intelligent 5 20.00%
Date an average looking guy make, making 50k a year, somewhat interesting and mildly intelligent 9 36.00%
Date a hot guy who makes 40K a year, extremely fun, not very intelligent, 3 12.00%
Date a hot guy who makes 50K a year and a little boring average intelligence 2 8.00%
Date an average looking guy making 50K a year, bore fest but extremely intelligent 1 4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 07:35 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,016,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
I had a brilliant friend at college who was a master of practical jokes.

One night, we were sitting around and one of the other guys on the floor complained about (the fact that) all the wealthy guys were getting all the action.

My friend had heard about a joke used at other places and decided to organize it there.

He organized a whispering campaign where we spread a rumor that a mousy guy (otherwise not that bad looking) upstairs - a freshman so he had little "history" - was the scion of a wealthy family. The reason that he studied so much was that his family would disinherit him if he screwed up again.

It wasn't long before he had "prospects" practically lining up at his door. One of the guys from his floor met us in the TV room and he was totally blown away. The creaking bed springs were keeping them up at night and the mousey guys room mate was camped out in the TV lounge (I could sympathize with this from my experience in 1st year)

When the source of this sudden turn around in his fortunes was detected, he was quickly outed and probably didn't get any further action for years.

At the time, we all thought that it was funny but looking back, I wonder what might have happened. What if he were found hanging by his tie in the closet? Difficult to live with.

Off topic - I find it interesting when people get off on others misfortunes. Was it funny? probably, but after a few of those episodes someone ought to have said something to the fellow. Difficult to live with, huh? It might have been better had the perpetrators of the scam apologized, that would be asking too much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2012, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKintobor View Post
Sure. You can make a mere 30K and be rich, if you live like a hermit for the rest of your life and your investments go well.

Sure. You can make 100K a year and be poor, if you spend money like water or have an addiction that spirals out of control.

The truth is that 100K isn't what it used to be. I mean if you work for a decade that is only 1 million provided that you don't spend a dime and you have a minimal investment to protect against inflation.

Neither of those incomes can be considered rich by any stretch of the imagination.
Don't forget tax impacts, in reality they are coming home with about 600-700K over ten years. Inflation can make that 700K feel like even less, prices don't stay static, they usually increase over time, except of course for real estate. Go on a nice vacation for two, there goes 5K. Buy some bling jewelry, there goes 10-20K. Money can go quick depending on how couples think, if of like mind you can make it grow exponentially or blow it all with nothing to show for it while you continue to rent your 5K a month 1 bedroom pad in Tribeca.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:42 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,844,837 times
Some
"rich guys" - have to do unsavory and un-ethical things to get that big load of money - Any woman that targets these kind of male preditors..is a preditor and both deserve each other.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Some
"rich guys" - have to do unsavory and un-ethical things to get that big load of money - Any woman that targets these kind of male preditors..is a preditor and both deserve each other.
That's the best post of the day. +1
You reap what you sow.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:57 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,926,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
A good looking woman with an IQ of ten can easily land a rich athlete.

I am sure for a lot of women a lot of money is not a top priority but for those chasing athletes it probably is.
No, most cannot. In the US, there are approximately 6 million women, most of whom are under the age of 40, who rate above an 8 in terms of looks, but there are approximately 2.5 million men in the top 1%; many whom are over the age of 50. This means that most good looking women won't end up landing a rich guy of any age. The majority of these good looking women end up with guys who can provide an upper middle class lifestyle ($150k+ income) and who are somewhat attractive.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
No, most cannot. In the US, there are probably 8 million women, most of whom are under the age of 40, who rate above an 8 in terms of looks, but there are approximately than 2.5 million men in the top 1%; many whom are over the age of 50. This means that many good looking women won't end up landing a rich guy of any age. The best most can hope for is a guy who can provide an upper middle class lifestyle ($150k+ income) and who's somewhat attractive.
150K provides an upper middle class income in Sheboygan Wisconsin. 150K in Long Island/NJ or NYC is not upper middle class.

Old 02-08-2012, 08:00 AM

3,670 posts, read 7,174,845 times
For some reason, most good-looking, intelligent women also tend to be insecure and neurotic. Well, most intelligent women anyway.

Old 02-08-2012, 08:05 AM

365 posts, read 645,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geography Freak View Post
I do it all the time. In fact I'm doing it right now as I type.
Amazing.........I envy you sir.

Old 02-08-2012, 08:05 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,926,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrmlyBklyn View Post
150K provides an upper middle class income in Sheboygan Wisconsin. 150K in Long Island/NJ or NYC is not upper middle class.
Ummm...yea, hence the reason I said 150k+ (note the PLUS symbol) instead of $150k. $150k+ can be anywhere from $150k to $450k to $1.2 million, etc. Btw, in 80% of the US, $150k income is solidly upper middle class.

Old 02-08-2012, 08:14 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,844,837 times
Rich men do not want super good looking woman..that are dumb...or mean spirited and dishonest - they can buy a mistress that is all that. Most rich men have a bright wife that is loyal - but not that good looking - so if you are looking for a rich guy - remember - you are disposable....I noticed this on movie sets back in the day when I worked on large American productions...The super hot chick with the perfect looks sometime got a good part by sleeping with the producer - but in the end- they ended up as nannies...NEVER have sex for profit of any kind - You will render yourself disposable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships